Ares Games

Thread: Adelaide players?

Default Adelaide players?

Hello! Next year I'm moving to Adelaide, and I was curious to see if there was anyone there who played Wings of Glory (either WWI or WWII)

Hi Aidan.

Here is a list of all the pilots in Adelaide who have posted during the last year or so.
    Hope this help if you decide to PM any of them.

Rob.

Baxter Name
    04-02-2011 Joined
    2,777 Posts
    Today 06:44 Last visit

Biggles downunder
    04-22-2010
    Today 09:02

Captain Darling
    05-10-2016
    04-26-2021 04:12

Dagorlad
    04-15-2013
    02-04-2020 09:38

Dark Horse
    12-31-2011
    01-10-2021 08:27

Max Clickenhof
    05-05-2015
    09-26-2020 06:30

Skippy01
    12-11-2012
    10-24-2021 10:57

Spuriousevent
    06-09-2018
    03-16-2020 21:11

STONER130
    02-15-2013
    01-09-2020 17:36

WiZaard
    01-08-2021
    01-08-2021 04:35

wolf359
    06-25-2011
    09-06-2020 13:38
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Baxter, Biggles Downunder, Windy Jack regularly get together and they post their games in the AAR subforum Aiden.
    They all show as South Australia as their state but I know Wayne's in Adelaide.

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks for the extra info Dave. That may help far more than just my list.
    Rob.

Hi Aidan, as others have said four of us meet on Tuesday nights to play at one or other of our homes. You would be most welcome to join us as we are always looking for new blood (pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Baxter, Biggles Downunder, Windy Jack regularly get together and they post their games in the AAR subforum Aiden.
    They all show as South Australia as their state but I know Wayne's in Adelaide.
    Yes, we are all in Adelaide; northern suburbs to narrow it down a bit further.

We mostly play World War I, but also Triplanes & Tripods and occasionally World War II.
    Last edited by Windy Jack; 11-15-2021 at 19:44. Reason: Extra information

Thanks for all the info! I'll be sure to ask more when I actually make the move and settle in

I don't know if this counts as "necro"-ing the post but I've been able to confirm that I'll be moving to Adelaide on the 21st this month, and I wanted to know more about the "local four" and what sorts of missions they run. I've got more WWII stuff than WWI, but I'm keen to try WWI with a duel pack I got ages ago and two S.E.5a's and two Fokker D.VII's from Valom.

Hardly necromancing at a couple of months on Aiden, I'm sure the lads will chime in but if you browse through the WGF after action reports you'll see some of what they get up to. https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/fo...Action-Reports

"He is wise who watches"

Hi Aiden. We have not forgotten you and when you get here just PM one of us to arrange a game. We all live on the northern side of town, so hopefully you will not end up too far away. As suggested check the AAR's for our games. We usually like to play WWI without altitude rules although WWII has made an appearance now and again, as well as Sails of Glory and Tripods and Triplanes. Due to one thing or other we are in a sort of recess at the moment with February looking like our resumption of friendly hostilities.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotSpark View Post
    I've been able to confirm that I'll be moving to Adelaide on the 21st this month.
    Aidan, I hope you have been able to make it safely to Adelaide without too many hassles. We look forward to connecting with you when you have settled.

Thanks! I've been able to settle in relatively easily, and I'm very eager to get a game of WoG in some time! I've been messaging Baxter about the specifics for later this week.

For those who check these sort of threads from time to time: we have been able to catch up with Aidan (RobotSpark), and he has already joined us for two game days.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

Hi guys,

I figure rather than start a new thread I'd jump on this train.

I'm in the western suburbs, just north of the airport and I've recently taken the plunge by buying Tripods and Triplanes to have a taste of the game.

My son (11) and I are already excitedly discussing which planes we need to pick up next. And an additional tripod of course...and the rules pack, no doubt.

Anyway, I'd love to join in a game at some point and meet you all. I can see this becoming a wonderful obsession.

Cheers, Tom

Welcome to the Drome Tom, from here in the rather cold and damp UK.
    Although I play T&T infrequently, it is a great game for allowing you to let your imagination run wild.
    I hope you get a lot out of the game and enjoy your time here on the Drome.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrunto View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm in the western suburbs, just north of the airport and I've recently taken the plunge by buying Tripods and Triplanes to have a taste of the game.

My son (11) and I are already excitedly discussing which planes we need to pick up next. And an additional tripod of course...and the rules pack, no doubt.

Anyway, I'd love to join in a game at some point and meet you all. I can see this becoming a wonderful obsession.

Cheers, Tom
    Hello Tom,

You would be most welcome at my place for our weekly battles. Just PM when ready. RobotSpark aka Aidan lives fairly close to you too if you want to contact him. I live next to Parafield Airport which is great for adding background ambience in the game sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrunto View Post
    Hi guys,

Cheers, Tom
    Nice to hear about new blood interested in the game (other than myself of course ) and close to where I live too! I live on Henley Beach, and while my own collection is fairly limited as of now (just the SPAD and Albatros duel pack, with some extra planes under construction) we should definitely arrange for a game

Similar Missions

1. Hello from Adelaide
    By Dagorlad in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 16:37
  2. Hello from sunny Adelaide
    By kawalski in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 12:33
  3. Adelaide Wing?
    By Baxter in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 27