Ares Games

Thread: WW1 kits availability?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

Default WW1 kits availability?

Evening all,
    As a new player, just starting in the game here in the UK I'm just wondering what is the status of the game currently from Ares? Is it worth buying kits directly from their shop? Stock levels across the UK seem few and far between.

I did get the starter set and the accessories set. Now looking to expand.

Sure this has been asked before so apologies in advance.

Hi Michael

It's not worth buying direct from 'Ares' themselves, unless you really have to.
    The postage is a killer, and on top of that we in the UK now have to pay import duty as well.

Some UK stores do have stock, and will post out

'Entoyment' in Poole, Dorset

'MM' in Harlow, Essex

Also online 'Gameslore', 'Gamesquest', 'Zatu' Games all carry some stock.

ebay often has listings, many of which are stupidly high, but some sellers start auctions below £10 - it's possible to get a good deal.

If there is any particular plane you REALLY want but REALLY can't get, drop me a PM - I may be able to help.

Cheers
    Tim
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Micheal,

I have a number of aircraft that I am looking sell. Drop me a pm and tell me what you are looking for.

Cheers
    Gary

Hi Michael, you can also get shapeways models and use the WoG Mates movement cards from the files section on this forum for your games too.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kirk
    Sorties Flown

I saw "Kits" in the subject line and my first thought was Valom kits. 1/144th scale Valom kits on eBay are fairly cheap. I'm building one of the Sopwith Pup kits right now and have quite a few more to build after that. Building ones own is a great alternative to trying to find minis that are either difficult or too expensive to acquire - or in the case of the Pup nonexistent in the Wings of Glory miniature range.

Talking of kits. I have put one or two Red eagle ones together but there are a lot of parts so can be are quite fiddly and time consuming.

When I was visiting the Warfare wargames show at Ascot I saw a new UK manafacturer (well new to me anyway) advertising 3D printed models at just £2 or £3 a model - https://www.syborg3dprinting.co.uk At those prices I thought it worth getting a couple (A Sopwith Pup and Be2c) which I'm hoping to put together and paint shortly.

The models are produced in just two halves and there is a decent range including several models that are not produced by the Wings of War/Glory ranges - As well as the Pup and Be2c there are Sopwith Dolphins, FE2s, Albatros C3 etc. Of course you will need to source manoeuvre card decks and bases etc but still they seem quite good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    Talking of kits. I have put one or two Red eagle ones together but there are a lot of parts so can be are quite fiddly and time consuming.

When I was visiting the Warfare wargames show at Ascot I saw a new UK manafacturer (well new to me anyway) advertising 3D printed models at just £2 or £3 a model - https://www.syborg3dprinting.co.uk At those prices I thought it worth getting a couple (A Sopwith Pup and Be2c) which I'm hoping to put together and paint shortly.

The models are produced in just two halves and there is a decent range including several models that are not produced by the Wings of War/Glory ranges - As well as the Pup and Be2c there are Sopwith Dolphins, FE2s, Albatros C3 etc. Of course you will need to source manoeuvre card decks and bases etc but still they seem quite good value.
    These look very promising. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post

See this thread :- https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ghlight=syborg

I hope to have one or two completed in the very near future (I know I've been saying this for a while, but I'm WAAAYYY busy at the mo.)
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. National: Where to buy and availability...
    By BwanaJoe in forum US Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-28-2017, 07:33
  2. Bomber availability.
    By idle twitch in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-17-2017, 07:21
  3. Series 2 & 3 Availability
    By fast.git in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 15:00
  4. Series 1-4 Availability