Ares Games

Thread: The Tripods Collection

Default The Tripods Collection

Courtesy of an Amazon ad I noticed that there is a set of Tripod books available by an author named John Christopher. I am pretty sure you can get them for Kindle or Kobo too if you do not want hard copies. I have not read them so cannot comment or review but I am thinking they would be worth checking out. Has anyone seen these?

I have never read the books but I think it was the BBC who dramatised the first two novels and never finished the story. This was when I was much younger. I think it was a good story but it is difficult to remember. They are childrens books so please bear that in mind.

I did not know they were children's books but I guess if you get them young ...... T&T players of tomorrow?

I read them decades ago. Teen fiction. The story was captivating back when I was a teen. Perhaps I should go back and read it again.

It is a story of tripods that have already taken over the world, and humans are living under the thumb of the alien invaders. A very interesting mix of medieval lifestyles in a post-technological world. How do you take out an opponent that uses technology that seem magical, with medieval-level science and tools?

Hmmm... I've recently reread another of John Christopher's series: The Spirit Sword trilogy. It has aged well, and it was still a good read, considering it is now nearly half a century old.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. WWII and Tripods
    By Baxter in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2020, 15:13
  2. How many Tripods?
    By Oberst Hajj in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-12-2019, 15:52
  3. Origins 2019 Tripods vs. Tripods
    By rhodie80 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2019, 07:18
  4. The BBC goes 'Tripods and Triplanes' !!!!!
    By 'Warspite' in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-15-2018, 07:54
  5. National Tripods UK - Yay or Nay ?
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-18-2017, 23:10