Ares Games

Thread: Back - and apologizing for my absence

Default Back - and apologizing for my absence

Hello again my fellow pilots. I have been struggling to get my local hobby store to play with any real frequency... as a result, i struggled with motivation, etc. But i still love this game.

I just want to ease myself back in.

Hope you all are well.

Welcome back! Yes, I have to agree. Getting everyone together with some frequency has been a challenge!

Good to see you back! For those of you with a local place and gamers to fly with I am happy for you and jealous as I am in a desert of gamers. Thank goodness for onliune gaming possibilities. In December I will put on another game here as we did through last winter and spring.

John.
    Welcome back. Easing back into the Wings community should be done slowly. It depends on your individual level of risk aversion?

With the current situation of social distancing, and not being able to 'clean' gaming pieces between users, I haven't played Wings in public for far too long.

Local conventions have not happened for two years, and I haven't held my 'Wings of Glory - Last Saturday of the Month at the Museum' since March 2020. I don't know if I even want to do that, if I could, as the Museum hasn't opened the Library to the public, yet.

The local game store I used to frequent is too small, and the ventilation is nearly non-existant. Yet another place to which I haven't been back since March 2020. Too many of my tabletop games are collecting dust in the closet.

I hope you can find places where you are comfortable playing, and have like-minded players with which to game.

There is this place. It has kept me somewhat 'in the game.'. Vicariously, mostly.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Users Country Flag

Name
    Billy
    Sorties Flown

Hi Sam. Looking forward to your future posts.

Welcome back, Sam!

We've started back along the path to normal game play here in the UK, with 4 "conventions"/game meets gone and 3 more coming up before Christmas, and I was surprised at just how much I have missed them!
    I hope you get plenty of gaming opportunities soon.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome back Sam...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Welcome back, John. There are always the solo play rules in the Files section.

Just good to know everything is O>K. with you John, and you are ready to kick off again.
    Welcom back.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Maintenance absence.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 07:18
  2. Moving on after long absence (thinking about selling collection)
    By Ginarley in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2015, 21:32
  3. I am Back
    By Greywolf in forum New Zealand Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-21-2014, 14:58
  4. I'm back.
    By Haystack in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 15:37