Ares Games

Thread: Where are the Torpedo rules on here?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

Default Where are the Torpedo rules on here?

Saw a post from a game scenario by Andrea involving SM.79's in a torpedo run and there was a mention about torpedo rules on here, but I cannot seem to find them. Can someone post a link?

AFAIK, he has not posted them here. I'm hoping they will be with the release of the SM.79s, though he didn't answer my question in that thread,
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Andrea has announced in the thread (link below) a torpedo kit as the Lancaster Dambuster set that included a rule sheet :

”Our plan is to give a little kit in the torpedo-bomber version of the S.79 as we did for the dam attack in the Dambusters version of the Lancaster, and this is one of the three scenarios included”.

As the Dambuster Special Pack included a rule leaflet, the SM 79 torpedo Special Pack will also include a special torpedo rule.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...l=1#post562712

Three simple words: "Still In Development." Andrea really wants to make sure that they're right before the Hunchback releases, because it's going to be a springboard to the South Pacific release that we've busted our butts with research for.

OBLIGATORY DISCLAIMER: While I do research and consulting work for Ares, unless otherwise noted everything I say here is strictly personal opinion.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

There are some air-sea rules done by Neil [Skafloc], somewhere in the Files section, IIRC. I've used a few versions of his ship bombing rules with the HMS Glorious model at conventions.

PS: Links:
    WW2 Air to Surface Rules

Air to Ship Torpedo Reference Sheet
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 10-22-2021 at 08:55.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Well, they have been developed and tested for 4 years now. Ares had them time ago, I just sent a couple of little refinements from the last games. Waiting for production to be done and distribution to start, but I have no control over the timing.

Thank you for this update. Waiting now
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks for the official update, Andrea, hope I wasn't "talking out of turn" too much.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Similar Missions

1. WW1 Mk.II Torpedo.
    By Rebel in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-09-2017, 08:23
  2. NEW Torpedo planes (SM.79) and Torpedo Rules
    By monse in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-07-2017, 08:33
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 09:37
  4. Replies: 1