Ares Games

Thread: IPMS Telford 2021

Default IPMS Telford 2021

I have contacted the organiser of the IPMS show to see if they would allow us to put on a small demo of Wings of Glory. They have sent me an email back asking for more information about what we would be doing. And if we will be selling any models at the show. They seemed interested which is a bonus. And if we are allowed to put on a demo game, this will be another show for us to add to our event calendar. The shows dates are the 13th - 14th of November at the International Centre in Telford. I will see what they say and will report back.

I have just checked my emails. And we are good to go for IPMS 2021. They said that we can have a 12x4' area to use for our demo/participation games. I have asked if we could also have a table for displaying the models for the public to view them. They did ask if we have proof of being vaccinated, well that is not an issue as we all have been double vaccinated. What I like to know is do we have to wear face masks? As I haven't a clue what we are allowed to do at shows, as the rules have changed so fast. Regarding putting on games, do we use our own damage decks? Or do we use damage decks that have the card sleeve protectors on? What I need to know now is who will be free to help me on that weekend. I can only do Saturday as on Sunday it is my son's fourth birthday party with the family. And I will be in trouble with the swmbo if I miss his birthday party. If you are able to help me out on this weekend I would be so grateful. And if you could please let me know either by sending me a pm or by just replying to this thread thank you.

I almost forgot to mention the times of the show. IPMS starts at 10.00 a.m and finishes at 6.00 p.m. And because it is a two day show there will be folk that might need somewhere to stay. And in Telford there is a Premier Inn in the middle of the town centre. There is plenty of venues nearby for meals and a pub within walking distance. The Telford International Centre isn't too far away either from the Premier Inn.

Is there anyone out there that can help us with this show? It’s a new one for us, so we would want to create a good impression.
    I am supposed to be helping my daughter to move house that weekend, but will see what I can do. It’s great that Mark has got us into this, so we need to try and give him some support.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

It's the same weekend as "Salute", and I'm already committed there - sorry.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I am having to cancel this show. As it clashes with Salute which is a shame. So what I will do is I will pop along and have a chat with the organisers of the IPMS. To see if we can book this show in for the following year. And it is always good to have a look to see if there is any other participation games being run. Fingers crossed we will have a new venue to attend next year.

That's a shame - thanks for trying, though.

If it's around the same time next year, it won't clash with 'Salute', which will (SHOULD!!!) be in its normal April slot.
    So long as Telford doesn't clash with 'Warfare' in Reading/Ascot, I hope to be able to attend.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. IPMS Thornbury, 8th August
    By David Manley in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-08-2021, 01:29
  2. IPMS Thornbury - Warning Order
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-19-2017, 02:48
  3. Thornbury IPMS 2016, August 7th
    Replies: 26