Ares Games

Thread: Raises head up out out the trenches.........

Default Raises head up out out the trenches.........

Pilots,

Its been a couple years since since I've visited the site. I see some of our flyers have passed. I offer a toast in their memory. RIP

Its also been a couple years since I was able to do any gaming. Thankfully, life is slowing back down, and I was able to attend two local events. I flew at each of them and it has me digging out hobby items that have been buried far to long.

I look forward to catching up.

A toast!

James,
    Welcome back! We met each other at Enfilade in Olympia, if I'm not mistaken. That was a few years ago, too.

Perhaps in May next year, I'll make the trip back to Olympia for another convention.

I haven't been doing any group gaming in over a year. A few one-on-one WGF games with a double-vaxxed friend. Most of my games haven't been out of their boxes (Tripods, BSG, WGS). Looking to get back to something more social sometime in the future.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

James, I'm glad life has slowed down enough for you to take time to play. May it continue, and may you enjoying gaming.

Welcome back, it’s nice to see folks returning to the site.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Welcome back James. Seems you went AWOL from your fortnight leave. Good to see you back behind the stick.

Welcome back, James.

What part of Washington State are you in?
    (Portland here)

Welcome back James. Fly safe and always watch your six.

Hi James! Welcome back to the hobby!

Welcome back! Enfilade '14 here, IIRC...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

It is great to hear from you again James.
    At this time of Covid silence from one of our pilots is always more worrying.
    Hope you manage to get more flying hours in this year.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome back to the 'Drome!

Ease back into it - lots of other pilots have accumulated loads of game time during the lock-down, and are much more dangerous now!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

welcome back james! im assuming you were shot down over enemy territory and have a tale of daring do regarding your escape!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Billy
    Sorties Flown

It’s a friendly hello from Glasgow.

Welcome back, James.

Welcome back to the aerodrome James . I too have had time away from the hobby. This was mainly down to work and family life. Now I am ready to get back to the front for the Kaiser and the Fatherland .

Similar Missions

1. AAR Mission 17: Head to Head (Marechallannes - Entente)
    By Marechallannes in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 00:30
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 10:48
  3. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 08:32
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 04:35
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 05:55