Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you use Photoshop or Illistrator (or another advanced graphics program)?

blackhawkdown

i personally use gimp, and i love to draw my own stuff

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Sorties Flown

I have used many tools, mostly photoshop and paint with a dabble of dreamweaver, but play with all sorts.

Hi There...Photoshop for card model design, cards etc...
    Newbie to this site
    Batesyboy

Believe it or not, I'm using an old software from Macromedia: Fireworks MX (2004?).
    It's the only graphics software I ever managed to buy and to learn how to use it.

It does suit my needs and I wouldn't miss it for the world...

petitbilbo

I use Photoshop at a fairly basic level, mostly with image manipulation rather than drawing.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Philippe
    Sorties Flown

I guess I should add some info here...?

I use Photoshop to draw and photomanipulation.

I use 3D animation software Lightwave from Newtek
    I also do mechanical design using Autodesk Inventor, Catia, SolidWorks
    And surface industrial design using Rhino3D.

That will give a good idea.

I know:
    • Photoshop
    • Illustrator

I can usually handle Photoshop when I must, having my girlfriend as backup when I can't.

Daniel666

I work with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator every day.

fromeflyer

Default A graphics amateur...

I firmly use Gimp - and am getting more proficient - I have started the process of creating Quidditch players to use as WoW style game - set of chasers now complete - just the rest to do !!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Professional user of InDesign, Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator. I have done a few decals in the past. The hardest thing IMHO with decals is the trial and error in getting them to fit nicely if going around compound curves etc Drawing up of the artwork is straightforward and pretty good fun.

Hey Tim, how good are you with InDesign?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Hey Tim, how good are you with InDesign?
    I earn my living using it so I guess the answer is somewhere around 'very good'.

Have, at times, been a photoshop man. Though I never updated for OSX. Since I don't have much time to play around with graphics much of late, buying a professional grade suite doesn't really seem worth the cost. I've mostly been a hobbyist anyway.

I have some ok tools in Poser and Shade, but haven't really kept my skills up. Used to be ok at 3D - Used it at bit at university.

These days, for 2D work I mostly make do with a little app called Acorn.

I sorely miss my Macromedia suite, especially Free Hand.

/Niclas

No, just crayons. can't do layering, they took away my paste. 8 1/2 x 11 in. format only not allowed scissors...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    No, just crayons. can't do layering, they took away my paste. 8 1/2 x 11 in. format only not allowed scissors...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

I work with the ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE - InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator every day (and I remember Illustrator when it was a desktop application). Until recently I have ben a professional Illlustraor working for the military, I am transitioning to Public Affairs this summer.

That's cool Dave, what branch of the service are you in?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

That's cool Dave, what branch of the service are you in?
    I work for the Army, a Department of the Army Civilian (DAC), which also doubles as dumbass civilian...

Lol, I used to be AF, now I'm a dumbass contractor!

Já pro jednoduchost používám free program Photofiltre nebo Photofiltre Studio. Jednoduchý bez zátěže na systém a pracuje i malých netbook. Mé práce pak vypadají takhle:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...chmentid=52473

I use Photofilter and Word.
    Michal

I'm very familiar with both Photoshop and Illustrator, I have been using them for years since I'm a computer graphics lover. I still prefer the Photoshop+Wacom Tablet combo, since Illustrator has some user-fiendly selection tools. >_>
    I'm also quite good at low-poly modeling/texturing/rigging/animation for mobile games with Cinema4D and 3DS Max.

Photoshop
    Illustrator
    InDesign (desktop publishing)
    Corel Draw
    Sketchup

I'm a graphic designer, and use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; so far CS2.

Also a web designer (been in software development for 20 years).
    Last edited by 7eat51; 07-08-2013 at 09:13.

I just want to put together a list of our members that have or know how to use an advanced graphics program.
    PhotoShop

Users Country Flag

Name
    Berel
    Sorties Flown

I'm an artist by trade, did graphic design for a couple of years too, and use the following:
    Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS5, InDesign (still wrestling with it a little as I have been a QuarkXPress guy for years).

Late to the thread, too.

CorelDraw, CorelPhoto, Illustrator, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Windows Paint. All just dabbling.

Mike

Hi Mike , long time no Skype I use Photoshop.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Don't know that I'd seen this thread before! I've gotten decent with GIMP. Anyone ever use something called Blender? I started reading about it last night. I've heard it is freeware, & has an "unfold" feature that can be used to take a 3d model of something & unfold it, for oh, say, making paper models...

Users Country Flag

Name
    David
    Sorties Flown

It's been a while since I've used Photoshop, but the last version I used was CS2 or CS3 at work. Personally, I've been working with Paint Shop Pro building tuck boxes for various games I play.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Don't know that I'd seen this thread before! I've gotten decent with GIMP. Anyone ever use something called Blender? I started reading about it last night. I've heard it is freeware, & has an "unfold" feature that can be used to take a 3d model of something & unfold it, for oh, say, making paper models...
    Hey Rob, I started with blender last summer. Its a powerful, versatile program, quite CAD-like (unlike things like sculptris which are more like modelling in virtual clay).
    I never heard yet of the "unfold feature" - perhaps you mean texture-unwrapping? If so, yes, blender can do that. Might take some time and practice till you get decent results though.

In general blender has A LOT of functions, modifyiers and addons - which makes it a very complex program too. The UI needs some time to get used to too, but once you have understood its logic it isnt that bad anymore.
    Remember its free, so there are certainly programs out there which can do a better job, but they are in the USD 500 or even 1000+ range.

Best you take some time aside and watch some tutorials and find out how it works and if it does what you expect it to do.

Oh and @topic: I'm using gimp, not on a pro-level though, what I often really regret

Dunno if it helps, but if you need CAD work done, I'm OK with basic-level DraftSight. (AutoCAD freeware knockoff by Dassault)

A little rusty since my last hard-core CAD days were my junior year of high-school a decade and a half ago, but... having to design custom paint masks and custom parts for some models has started to get me back into the swing of things.

I'm fairly handy with PAINT.NET, which is roughly equivalent to GIMP. Both are free pixel pushers, at any rate.

Does Microsofts paint that came with my pc operating system count
    It does with me Brian....
    It is my favorite/primary due to its archaic nature...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Geoff
    Sorties Flown

Update:

Now use Affinity Publisher, Affinity Designer, and Affinity Photo. Recently upgraded to version 2 of all 3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. SHVAK's Advanced Rules
    By SHVAK in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 13:25
  2. Graphics for DOW custom cards?
    By Gravitypool in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 13:56