Ares Games

Thread: Blood Red Skies Battle of Midway Starter Set

Default Blood Red Skies Battle of Midway Starter Set

Blood Red Skies Pacific starter set looks really tempting, but it would just add to my pile of unpainted miniature shame. By the time I got around to painting them, the WGS Pacific starter set would be released. A6-M2 Zero & 6 x Grumman F4F Wildcat cards and models in the starter set and cards for Douglas Dauntless, Douglas Devastator, A6-M2 Zero, Aichi D3A 'Val', Nakajima B5N Kate & F4F Wildcats. I haven't played BRS, but the draw to me for WOG is re-painted models and a companion system for WWI.

https://us.warlordgames.com/products...ay-starter-set

If you play GRS, not a bad deal. If you're after the planes only, buy from AiM.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

As Karl hints, the BRS aircraft are not always the best quality or accurate molds. That said they are quite cheap and if you did want to get into BRS this is probably a reasonable set.

Another source of planes would be the Merit ones. https://www.ebay.com/itm/202631019894

They drove me away with bad production quality. Unlike AIM, you will not only be paying for the airplanes, but also for overly complicated and poorly conceived plastic bases.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Just got a good look at the new set.
    Seems that the production quality has improved compared with the original BoB set.
    The models seem to be new, molded in somewhat harder plastic with the Wildcat looking reasonably Ok and the Zero is not the same model as the previous release they did.
    The set now also includes waterslide decals for the models of decent quality, there are new ship target markers and the old cardboard range and movement gauges have been replaced with new plastic ones.
    There is a new rulebook with some additional rules in it.

Similar Missions

1. Blood Red Skies Models Anyone?
    By IronOkie in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2021, 13:35
  2. Are Blood Red Skies Models Under-Scale?
    By zippyfusenet in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2020, 22:35
  3. Blood Red Skies
    By David Manley in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 311
    Last Post: 10-28-2018, 15:25
  4. Blood Red Skies planes
    By Baxter in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2018, 23:48
  5. WGFF: Across the Blood Red Skies