Ares Games

Thread: Greetings from Dayton, OH

Users Country Flag

Name
    Christopher
    Sorties Flown

Default Greetings from Dayton, OH

Good day all! My name is Chris Jarko, and I've just started gaming again. Actually, I had started with one of the Dayton groups last year but then everything locked down due to COVID-19. I have played WGF, WGS, and T&T, and I have purchased SOG (but only played it solo). So far, my favorite is WGF. I have also played TSR's Dawn Patrol and several other hex-and-counter games such as Avalon Hill's Richthofen's War and Game Designer's Workshop's Air Superiority/Air Strike.

I look forward to playing and chatting with you all on the forums!

Best Regards,
    Chris

Greetings Chris, from up North (Akron.
    Your lucky as the Wright Flight is back to monthly games; just had one last Saturday.
    Get in touch with Dan (camelbeagle) for details. And check out the AARs from them:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...gust-14th-2021

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Hi Chris! Glad to see you in the Forums! Lots of good information and great people here.

Jager and Jago85 made the trip down to join us for some flying in July. Fun day! Had a really nice attendance.

Jager, Chris actually flew with us Saturday! Had a great time! Hope he joins us in August!!!

Welcome, Chris! Lots of great info and helpful people here!

Good to have you here on the Drome Chris.
    I'm sure you will meet a fine bunch of chaps during your ramble through our postings.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the 'Drome, Chris, from across "the Pond" in the U.K.

Have fun, and watch your six!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Chris. Welcome to the forums.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here on the East Coast. In addition to FtF opponents, there's a number of us that are involved in a series of play-by-private message games; and there's also the Solo play campaigns.

And be sure the check out the files section for scads of things like "unofficial" planes, terrain, rules variations, scenarios, etc.

And if you have questions, ask away-someone on the Aerodrome is likely to have the answer, and you'll find we're a friendly bunch.

Welcome, Chris from the 'Left Coast' in Portland, Oregon.
    Seems like you are off to a good start.

Welcome to the aerodrome Chris. Looks like you are close to a hive of activity many of us envy.

Hi Chris, welcome from the U.K.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome to the 'drome Chris from Dorset in England, I've been lucky enough visit Dayton and to fly with the Wright Flight and the BGIF, you're in the right place for keen WoG gamers.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Hi Chris! Glad to see you in the Forums! Lots of good information and great people here.

Jager and Jago85 made the trip down to join us for some flying in July. Fun day! Had a really nice attendance.

Jager, Chris actually flew with us Saturday! Had a great time! Hope he joins us in August!!!
    Ahh... Ok. No face, and my brain has problems with names (old brains do that )
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Glad to see you've kicked in on the Aerodrome. Chris made a nice splash this past Saturday, dishing out as much or more than he took...good combat flight awareness, obviously a skill you picked up with Richtofen's War. Looking forward to many more Saturdays with you in southwestern Ohio.

Welcome Chris. I’m thoroughly jealous of all the Ohio Players.

Hi Chris and welcome to the 'Drome' from over the pond here in West Yorkshire in the good old UK. Enjoy the game fly safe and always watch your six.

Howdy, welcome aboard from Oklahoma!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Chris, from over here in the United Kingdom.

Karl where do you guys play in Akron? I'm in Youngstown, might make the short hop over there one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Viking570 View Post
    Karl where do you guys play in Akron? I'm in Youngstown, might make the short hop over there one day!
    Currently we're not.
    There's only myself and Glenn (Jago85) out here; the rest of our gaming friends are RPGers.
    I'm hoping to get my house cleaned out enough to host sometime. If I were to host a game, there's a shop in North Akron, we could get a table for.
    If I can get a game going, I'll let you know.
    Karl

Jim,
    If you ever find yourself in Dayton, stop by and fly with the Wright Flight!!!

We've got a few players in Youngstown, my buddy lets us play at his bowling alley. They have great pizza! I'll keep you posted 0n future games

We've got a few players in Youngstown, my buddy lets us play at his bowling alley. They have great pizza! I'll keep you posted 0n future games
    That would be great. If a Saturday, I'll need a few weeks notice, as that is a regular workday for me (retail; go to love it )
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    Welcome Chris. I’m thoroughly jealous of all the Ohio Players.

nothing to be jealous over my man. we buckeyes simply won geographical genetic lottery being born here. of course theres the whole "birthplace of aviation? perhaps theres something in the water lol.

welcome to the drome Christopher!!! hopefully i and my friend tom can make it down there and meet your across the table sometime.

Similar Missions

1. Dayton, OH AAR - 11-16-19
    By Bobsalt in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-19-2019, 09:47
  2. Ohio: Greetings from a New Guy in Dayton, OH
    By Thomaso827 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-28-2017, 10:50
  3. Ohio: Next Event - Dayton
    By predhead in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0