Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beachhead 2022

Default Beachhead 2022

Warning Order !

BEACHHEAD returns at the BIC Bournemouth on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th February 2022.

Entoyment present their tabletop games show at the Bournemouth International Centre on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th February 2022. Various tournaments are also running on both the Saturday and Sunday as well as boardgame events.
    https://www.facebook.com/beachheadshow2022/

We've now received our formal invitation to put on a game, which I have accepted.

We usually do the Saturday only but they are asking that we cover both days if we're putting a game on. Hopefully there are enough bodies willing to present over the two days.

Let's see if we can win this back for best participation game:

Named after our late wing man Mick Owen.
    Last edited by flash; 08-22-2021 at 08:45. Reason: UPDATED

"He is wise who watches"

Hurrah!

Leave requested for Friday and Monday...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Can't book tickets on website yet, but I'll be there

Leave requested and approved by SWMBO.
    Last edited by Guntruck; 08-16-2021 at 02:52.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I'll certainly be there.

Nice one chaps. We've yet to be asked to put a game on but I'm hoping we will be.
    I will update details in due course once I hear. We usually do the Saturday only but if there are enough bodies willing to present WoG over two days that can be considered. It's my birthday weekend so I can do what I like !

"He is wise who watches"

Don't worry Dave, as I am responsible for organising the games at Beachhead the Aerodrome / Anchorage will get their invites in due course.

I think I can make this one if needed. It would be good to get out to the seaside again

Would like to be involved and will be going as well

Rob

Excellent news, more the merrier !

"He is wise who watches"

Andy has sent us our formal invite - one will have gone to Chris for SoG as well for that other canvas and timber game.
    The rider is: "If you feel that you can help us with a game, it must be for both days..."
    So, if any of you chaps will be in a position to attend both days then please let me know, or, I might be a bit lonely on the Sunday !

If anyone wants to run a game of Tripods or BSG let me know and we'll see what can be arranged table wise.
    Last edited by flash; 08-22-2021 at 09:24.

"He is wise who watches"

I'd already intended to do both Saturday and Sunday - that's why I'm chasing both the Friday and the Monday off work.

I'm good for both days

Well done chaps, Andy (Sauerkraut) hopes to join us both days too.

"He is wise who watches"

Nice one Mike

"He is wise who watches"

Put me down for both days Dave. I should be able to stay at my Mum's for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    Put me down for both days Dave. I should be able to stay at my Mum's for a few days.
    Booked in at local hotel for a long weekend so definitely committed to both days.

Which hotel are you in? A few of us usually meet up for liquid refreshments Friday night (suppose it will be Saturday as well this year)

SWMBO and I are booked into The Lodge @ Meyrick Park for 4 nights from Thursday. Should be able to meet up sometime during the weekend.

We are in the Royal Exeter, opposite the conference centre.

I'm at the Trouville, just a short walk from the BIC

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    SWMBO and I are booked into The Lodge @ Meyrick Park for 4 nights from Thursday. Should be able to meet up sometime during the weekend.
    Result !

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I'm at the Trouville, just a short walk from the BIC
    As am I.

Just thought I'd bump this thread - I gather Peter managed to round up a dozen more traders from his attendance at Salute this year so that will help the cause. Good news is we're gonna have a full house of the regulars and weekend of gaming.
    This event is also one of the UK Majors so there will be a medal for it eventually but they take time to produce so don't hassle the 'staff' about it, it's in the works and will be awarded when it's ready.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This event is also one of the UK Majors so there will be a medal for it eventually but they take time to produce so don't hassle the 'staff' about it, it's in the works and will be awarded when it's ready.
    So, if you are a member of the aerodrome but are there putting on a different game, do you still get a medal? Errr.. asking for a friend

Booked into Royal Exeter for Saturday night so will be there both days, will drive down on the Saturday morning.

Baz

I'm in there as well Barrie. Be good to meet up at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    So, if you are a member of the aerodrome but are there putting on a different game, do you still get a medal? Errr.. asking for a friend
    Ooh you turncoat !

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I'm in there as well Barrie. Be good to meet up at last.
    Yes it will be

Count me in for at least one day, but subject to SWMBO i'll likely be there for both days.

I think it's for Ares games, Steve but don't quote me.

"He is wise who watches"

So what medal is this Squadron Leader?
    I don't see anything in the Medal list!
    Kyte.

Name:  Muttley.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  39.2 KB
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Looks like we have an agreed design etc. We will notify when the Beachhead and Hammerhead Medals are ready for requesting/recommending

I have a list of recipients that Flash and I have come up with so far.
    Rob.

Excellent, as soon as the medals go live, I will get on it.

Don't get your expectations up too much yet Chris. I have yet to hear from Mike with the final designs for both medals and the symbols for indicating the number of years attended. Then it will be a matter of waiting for the medals to be set up on the page.
    Rob.

Andy (Sauerkraut) has confirmed our 12x5 WoG table for the event, though it sounds like he won't be there on the day himself.
    He has not heard from the SoG team so I have PM'd Chris (Boney10). If anyone has contact please give 'em a nudge too !

"He is wise who watches"

Just checking, all still OK for this one?

I am.

Looking forward to it!

Just checking, all still OK for this one?
    Heard nothing otherwise DM; WGF is go - there's no SoG table though as Chris & Si are otherwise engaged.

"He is wise who watches"

Let me know if you want me to bring anything - although if Tim's pantechnicon is coming then we will probably have more than we need by several orders of magnitude

Let me know if you want me to bring anything - although if Tim's pantechnicon is coming then we will probably have more than we need by several orders of magnitude
    OI!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    OI!
    He resembles that remark !

I'm thinking to divide up the table and run a couple of learning scenarios like we usually do - then having a table for 1 hour dogfight scenarios or similar for more experienced players who have the time.
    We'll use my kit but if you have a nautical or gasbag scenario you're happy to put on by all means bring the kit along for it especially for Sunday.
    Last edited by flash; 01-31-2022 at 11:16.

"He is wise who watches"

Counting down ....
    Not clear how many wristbands there are this year - if it's four like it has been in the past - then that's me, Tim, Steve & Gary, otherwise it's pay at the door.
    These are the chaps attending as far as I know:
    Me (flash) - I'm going !
    Steve (Guntruck)
    Tim (Flying Helmut)
    Gary (Hu Rhu)
    Andy (Ajay)
    Mike (Mikeemagnus)
    DM (David Manley)
    Barry (Baz)

Look forward to seeing you all Saturday morning.

"He is wise who watches"

Dave, I don't need a wristband (I'm assuming they haven't divvied them out yet as I haven't seen them) as we are doing a separate game. As there are only 2 of us, we should have a couple spare if you need them.

Anyone up for drinkies/nosh on the Friday night? We are in the Royal Exeter opposite the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Counting down ....

Look forward to seeing you all Saturday morning.
    Is there anything specific you want me to bring?

Anyone up for drinkies/nosh on the Friday night? We are in the Royal Exeter opposite the venue.
    I'll be around - I aim to arrive early on Friday, to allow a nostalgic tour around places from my childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I'll be around - I aim to arrive early on Friday, to allow a nostalgic tour around places from my childhood.
    Might stop off at Winchester on the way down and have a look at the military museums there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Beachhead 2020 - Bournemouth
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 02-11-2020, 06:31
  2. South England Beachhead 2019 - Bournemouth
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-18-2019, 03:57
  3. South England Date for the diary - Beachhead 2017
    By Mickowenuk in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-24-2017, 01:06
  4. Pictures from Beachhead
    By David Manley in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-07-2016, 10:39
  5. National 20th February: Beachhead,Bournemouth.
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-24-2016, 02:49