Thread: When it rains, it pours...

2nd Lieutenant

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Seth
    Sorties Flown

Default When it rains, it pours...

So, with the saga of fixing our family's house all over and done with, 'things' were shaping up for my friend and I to have a T&T session... That is until he notified me of his positive Covid test! So alas, I'm having to delay on my AAR once again

The good news is I am fully double-shotted and had Covid last October - so my antibodies have kept up with their anti-covid workout and it's very unlikely I'll be getting ill with it anytime soon (though I could still very well carry it of course!) However, as a precaution, I took an LFT and it came back negative so whilst "I'm alright, Jack" sadly my AAR's will have to be post-poned for the next 2 weeks at least... Such a shame I can't seem to get anyone else in my gaming group interested in Wings of Glory (or T&T for that matter as our 'meta' is very much Sci-Fi) but it is what it is!

I do however have the 'Solo' app on my phone so I may just run a 1v1 and post about that - not exactly exciting but there may just be a few AI surprises along the way and it's a good 'stop gap' (for me at least)!

So, as a consolation I think I'd better put a brew on!

Chocks away! Tally-ho!

I wish your friend a quick recovery. http://youplay.it might interest you if you do not like playing solo games.

2nd Lieutenant

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Seth
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I wish your friend a quick recovery. http://youplay.it might interest you if you do not like playing solo games.
    Thank you for the link! I'll look into it!

No doubt he'll be well enough soon and we can post a much delayed AAR. Though, as luck would have it, another friend has shown an interest in Wings of Glory as of today! He's coming over for a game of X-Wing this Sunday (1st August) but he's expressed an interest in at least trying it out - If I get time I'll crack open 'Wings' for a quick taster, post X-Wing! Failing that I'll try to arrange a session the week after - It'll just be the WW1 game as he's not that keen on the Tripods (WHAT?!?!?!) but we may just have another pilot in the making...

Brew's ready chaps, time for a taste of the good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by SethLewis View Post
    ..The good news is I am fully double-shotted and had Covid last October - so my antibodies have kept up with their anti-covid workout and it's very unlikely I'll be getting ill with it anytime soon (though I could still very well carry it of course!)..
    Don't you believe it, Seth, I know a few double shotted folk who have caught CoVid - the vaccine has lessened the effects, ie they didn't need to be hospitalised but felt really crap for a few days. So watch your six

"He is wise who watches"

2nd Lieutenant

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Seth
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Don't you believe it, Seth, I know a few double shotted folk who have caught CoVid - the vaccine has lessened the effects, ie they didn't need to be hospitalised but felt really crap for a few days. So watch your six
    Indeed I will! I keep putting regular updates on my gaming group to stay away if they have any symptoms of, or suspect they might have, Covid so that should help mitigate any contagion (they are a sensible bunch afterall) but it never hurts to be extra vigilant - especially right now as restrictions have been lifted. My symptoms were mild in October but I certainly don't want to go through that again!

Though despite how frustrating it is to only have one confirmed AAR under my belt (beyond learning games vs myself of course!) and have the story driven campaign come to a grinding halt at only scenario 1... I'd rather wait and have a safe environment to move mini's around the table-top than spend another two weeks in quarantine! - Or worse!

2nd Lieutenant

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Seth
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    Stay safe guys!
    Cheers! To cheer myself up a bit I've got a couple new planes ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by SethLewis View Post
    Cheers! To cheer myself up a bit I've got a couple new planes ordered!
    Ahh the irresistible urge to go to retail therapy. I bought my Airships book and have ordered an airship from Clipper. Still, I figure if it were not for covid we would have done 4 or 5 more cruises by now so we are still saving money.

Similar Missions

1. Rains and Planes 2010
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 23:26