Ares Games
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DONCASTER 2021 GAME CHOICE

I would like that very much Rob. Obdam will present himself on the quarterdeck (or something like that )

Chris as my game was a late edition put it on the back burner there seems plenty of options already. It will keep until next year.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Your game is the most subscribed one yet Neil... wouldn’t want to disappoint your legions of fans now would we? Lol

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Better add my name to the lists officially as I am able to make it after all Table 2 on Friday please - if there are any spaces left. Table one all day Saturday please.

If Zombicide is scheduled for Friday, then I'd like to give that a go (I bought the basic box set, but have never actually played the game as yet).

Table #1 for all day Saturday, please.

If there are actually 4 or more peeps interested in BSG, I will of course open Table #4 and host a game for them.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Apologies Chris, didn't have the listing for Shanghai. Good to go then.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    If Zombicide is scheduled for Friday, then I'd like to give that a go (I bought the basic box set, but have never actually played the game as yet).

Table #1 for all day Saturday, please.

If there are actually 4 or more peeps interested in BSG, I will of course open Table #4 and host a game for them.
    Did anyone ever tell you how nice you were ?

So... following a bit of a shuffle round here is the revised program of games... I shall prepare an oversized Zombicide game for Friday afternoon if we have more then six players...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doncaster Program 2021.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	305304

Heard from most people now, glad to say plenty of takers for all games, those I haven't heard from I think I can guess their preferences.
    Think Boris and his minions are going to have all eyes focused on Afghanistan over the coming weeks so hopefully they wont be making any more travel changes... its been too bloody long since we all got together !

Well its Zombicide for me on Friday and Table 1 all day . They changed the flight from Paris to Brum but for the better in as much as we get in at 09.30 on Thursday so a chance to roam around my old stomping ground of Leicester for a couple of hours. Used to work for Social Services in Leicester and our car park was where they found old **** 3.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

whats this censoring the abriviated word for Richard!!!
    Last edited by tikkifriend; 08-16-2021 at 09:49.

Yes they’re a bunch of Richards..

Amuses me that **** gets censored but Penis doesn’t... good job otherwise I would’ve struggled to comment of Jeff Bezos space rocket...

I am surprised we can get away with penis with dic.tators like this around Paul. Just glad I don't live in Scunthorpe!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Ok folks (I have updated the image in post #1 as well) couple of issues with the two WW2 games we had planned in for the Friday afternoon, so we have a couple of tables if anyone fancies running anything, on the plus side I have created a killer Zombicide scenario for those who expressed an interest in machine gunning hordes of the shambling undead... its not like we wont have a few planes kicking about and folk willing to play so we will be fine... just be great to actually see folk again..

Name:	Doncaster Programme 2021.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	305354

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    ......who expressed an interest in machine gunning hordes of the shambling undead.
    Shambling undead - takes me back to working with social workers
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Lol

Got me with that one Gunners!

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Shambling undead - takes me back to working with social workers
    Oooh thats below the belt Steve Although having been a Social worker in the Child Care section the the Elderly care teams where a lot like that

OK - I said I'd post the Mission statement for the Saturday Balloon busting mission, so here it is - I hope

Name:	Baloon bustinf ad3.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	305467

Doncaster 2021 - WWI Mission 2 Brief - Balloon Buster
    (In honour of Gullyraker (Baz) who wrote the original version for the OTT DYM campaign – available on the OTT campaign files).

It is 1917 and you are on the western front where opposing forces rely heavily on tethered observation balloons for information, particularly for short range artillery bombardments & movement of troops in the front lines.
    Orders have been received for a troublesome balloon to be destroyed as soon as possible, since it is directing fire onto your local front line trenches, causing heavy casualties. Unknown to you, the enemy have just issued the exact same orders – to destroy one of your balloons that is responsible for inflicting heavy casualties in their trenches.

Set Up: The opposing sides balloons are in the centre and 1.5 range rulers from their game play base lines.
    Each side will have one (possibly two)* single seater scout(s) per player and each team will need to decide how many of them will defend their own balloon and how many will attack the opposition’s balloon. The starting position will be anywhere on the right hand side of your area (facing the enemy) and within 1.5 range ruler distance of your base line.

Mission rules: Aircraft will carry either normal or incendiary ammunition (no rockets are available). The incendiaries may not be used against other aircraft, only against balloons. If you attack an enemy aircraft with incendiary bullets you will be penalized. Changing ammunition requires flying off table (from any edge) and returning, after three manoeuver cards, from your original starting point.

Each balloon will have a single,"A" firing, AA machine gun as additional defence. These AAMG's can only fire at aircraft at level 2 or below & will be set up touching one face of the balloon base (your choice of face).
    All aircraft & balloons will commence at LEVEL SIX (i.e. 6 pegs).
    Balloons will commence decent after the first shots are fired at it by the attackers & will reduce height by ONE LEVEL every TWO TURNS
    The attacking aircraft will naturally dive to follow balloons down but there will be no +1 advantage of height against the balloon, only against other aircraft.

Victory points:
    10 points for destroying a balloon.
    5 points if a balloon is on fire but not yet fully destroyed, when it reaches the ground.
    2 points for any enemy scout shot down.
    1 point for any enemy scout forced to return to base.
    -5 points for each time incendiary ammunition is used, deliberately or by mistake, against an opposing aircraft (eg. -10 points for a close range shot).

*Depends on player numbers.

See you all there Cuppa

Nice one Mike, thank you.

And nice taunt

So two weeks to go this is the latest program of events...

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	306297

The games are being run by the following excellent volunteers... subject to any late changes (Boris inspired or otherwise)

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	306298

So any one who hasn't expressed a preference for games, please let me know. As it stands most games have enough players for a good game but there is plenty of room still...

can I do Battle of Britain Saturday AM and The Somme 1916 Saturday PM. I'll join in wherever for the rest of the time - Zombicide or Tim's Sails game

As I said.... subject to changes. Unfortunately Neil can’t join us until the evening on the Saturday, so we need a WW2 game to fill the slot after lunch. John Biggles would you do the honours sir?

Damn, I was looking forward to the Shanghai game. If desperate, I can bring 2019's Swiss v German game along again.

Ooh that was a good one !

[QUOTE=camel crew;561769......... or Tim's Sails game [/QUOTE]

Now THAT I would LOVE to see

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Now THAT I would LOVE to see
    We live in hope....

Don't hold your breath Raffer!
    Bligh.

After much being messed around at work I'm told Saturday is covered and I can make it. That said with prog finalised I will go with whatever you all feel is the best.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Neil

Shanghai!

Apologies, after being told Saturday was covered and posting above, I found out there was a a high possibility that my cover, who is not very well (long story), could take bad prior to event. I've taken the step to not attend Saturday in the highly likely event of having to cancel at the last minute.

**** happens, Shanghai won't.

Shoot me tomorrow.

Neil

Sounds like you have already been Shanghied Neil. What a shame!
    If you pop those ships and the mats in the post, I will cover the cost of postage when I pay you and see that they reach the rightful recipients.

Rob.

Never mind Neil... what about running it at Partizan in October?

If I arrive in time on Friday (unknown roadworks permitting), I could try running my WW1 scenario 'Will the real Red Baron please stand up'.
    Scenario.
    The Entente are desperate to kill Manfred von Richthofen, so the Germans form a special unit, which flies the Red Baron's aircraft (3 Fokker Dr.1's, an Albatros D.V, 2 Albatros D.III's and possibly the 'RFC's nightmare' a pre-production all red Fokker D.VII). The Entente have a mixture of planes. Which plane the Red Baron is actually flying is concealed and not revealed to either side until the end of the game. The Entente receive a bonus score, if they shoot down the Red Baron. The Germans receive the bonus, if he is not shot down.

On Saturday, I would like to try Wings and Waves of War in the morning. Is Boney10 running a two-part Sails game (like Trafalgar was) or is the same game repeated in the second session, please? I would like to play in a Sails game.

I have agreed with Chris (Hedeby) that as Shanghai isn't an option, the action will be moving to the Swiss Alps 1945. This is a re-run of the 2019 game I put on, thought I would mention this as the game programme hasn't been amended yet.

Thanks Dave and Steve, will update everything again in a few minutes

Ooooeeerrrr missus..........your attachments aren't showing!

They are from this end

Worked for me.

Obviously depends on which way the wind is blowing then Chris. I can see them only too well.
    Rob.

I can click on them, and they open as a separate Photo-type image in a new Window, but they're not showing as normal on the regular thread.

Sorry I have no idea... all looks normal here

Do we have a tally of how many folks for each session? I'm pulling together my notes for the Battle of Britain scenario, and whilst it should scale reasonably well it would be good to have an rough idea. Also, are there limits on table size?

Ello Mark

I'm there for one A bit of BoB to start the weekend

Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Do we have a tally of how many folks for each session? I'm pulling together my notes for the Battle of Britain scenario, and whilst it should scale reasonably well it would be good to have an rough idea. Also, are there limits on table size?
    Crazy busy here but will put that information out when I can get back on my laptop later...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. DONCASTER 2021
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 297
    Last Post: 09-26-2021, 04:46
  2. DONCASTER 2021 ATTENDANCE
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 09-14-2021, 07:04
  3. National: Smaller Game Conventions for 2021 (?)
    By Sam Urai in forum US Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2021, 10:44
  4. Doncaster 2015 BoB game Vote
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Doncaster 2015
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-21-2015, 00:24
  5. National Doncaster 2015 BoB game Vote
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-21-2015, 00:24