Ares Games

Thread: Max Headroom 1* Manoeuvre pack

Default Max Headroom 1* Manoeuvre pack

I have been looking at some of Max's Aircraft cards, specifically the Wellington and the Whitley and on both he specifies 1* Card Deck. I have been unable to find any details of this pack.
    Can anyone help?

The Unofficial Stats Committee has the Wellington B Mk III with an XB deck, and the Mk IC an XA. Nothing on the Whitley. I've not seen anything on Max's 1* deck.

This might help?

Link: OldGuy59's WWII British Bombers Album - Wellington Plane Card (There is a Crew Management card there, too, if you look around the album.)
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I have been looking at some of Max's Aircraft cards, specifically the Wellington and the Whitley and on both he specifies 1* Card Deck. I have been unable to find any details of this pack.
    Can anyone help?
    Reg;
    Remember when Max was doing these cards, there were very few decks available to use. (These were done in 2011, and the WGS committee didn't start discussing things until 2013) Max used the I deck, as that was the slowest. I suspect the * means no dive bombing.
    I can add the Whitley to my list (and also recheck the Wellington, just to be sure).
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Users Country Flag

Name
    Steve
    Sorties Flown

Default Hope this helps , Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	662DB4DE-884E-488A-8195-7EF915CB6952.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	304582
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Can anyone help?

OK, I looked at things, and frankly don't know what I was smoking when I did both the Wellington and the Whitley.
    I suspect I math-switched myself, and used the fighter base length instead of the bomber base (yeh, we'll go with that )
    Anyway, they are way too slow for any deck, and the Welly Mk.III and later are too fast for arrow-length only movement. (donut holed again )
    So let me recheck things; it may take a couple days, as this has become a really bad time of year, mentally, for me.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Sorry to hear that you are struggling Karl but just look at the USA medal table for a cheer you up moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy63 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	662DB4DE-884E-488A-8195-7EF915CB6952.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	304582
    Thanks Steve. Very useful.

Similar Missions

1. Max Headroom cards unavailable.
    By phililphall in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 12:28
  2. Banners and Headroom
    By Big Blake in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 16:39
  3. Another big thanks to Max Headroom.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 12:37
  4. My Cool new Avitar---Thanks to Max Headroom!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 14:39
  5. Calling Max Headroom, calling Max Headroom.....
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 17:15