Ares Games

Thread: Wet wet wet

Default Wet wet wet

The wild and woolly weather is here today and the rain is falling. Looking out the window into a very wet, dark and gloomy garden at the moment I am thinking it will soon be time to brush off seaplanes and flying boats ..... Next Tuesday night for my little group, a return to the sea featuring Felixstowe and Hansa Brandenburg W29. AAR to follow.

Anyone else want to do a maritime scenario and post an AAR for something different?

im working on a scenario for origins. its pretty nebulous even though i ran it at origins 2019. still needs a good bit of work. its called "whatever floats your flying boat"

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    The wild and woolly weather is here today and the rain is falling. Looking out the window into a very wet, dark and gloomy garden at the moment I am thinking it will soon be time to brush off seaplanes and flying boats ..... Next Tuesday night for my little group, a return to the sea featuring Felixstowe and Hansa Brandenburg W29.
    So, will you be playing outside? Sounds like you have enough water.

I have played outside whilst camping and also on holiday abroad in clement weather, but you still have to watch out for the wind blowing the cards off the table.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Try a scenario with Seaplanes then.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Try a scenario with Seaplanes then.
    Spot on. That's where this thread began - with Baxter saying that his next scenario would be with seaplanes and flying boats.