Ares Games

Thread: Campaign starts tomorrow

Default Campaign starts tomorrow

Our little group is starting it's campaign tomorrow. We have created a chart for pilot generation (it ranges from "doomed" resulting in minus two random cards from your maneuver deck, to "gifted" resulting in a immediate ace skill). Each player will generate 4 pilots for each side that get kept on a roster. Pilots that die are replaced. We will dice for who flies on which side and what the mission type is. We will be flying one mission per war "month" from June 1915 which will result in 41 missions. Players can select from any aircraft available at that time. Kills will be scored for obchieving mission objectives and for all kills. 5 kills gets you an ace skill. We will use the standard WOW playmats, attackers start at one edge of the first mat which is the theoretical line between their side and no mans land, the first map will comprise no mans land and the second will comprise the defenders territory. Leaving from different edges has different consequences depending on which side you fly for. There is a chance to die each time you crash and also a chance to avoid capture if you live.

Wish us luck. We have a section on the roster for pilot name and country so it should generate some very interesting AARs and perhaps a little storyline will develop with some ravalries and suich.

Quote Originally Posted by STICK View Post
    Our little group is starting it's campaign tomorrow. We have created a chart for pilot generation (it ranges from "doomed" resulting in minus two random cards from your maneuver deck, to "gifted" resulting in a immediate ace skill). Each player will generate 4 pilots for each side that get kept on a roster. Pilots that die are replaced. We will dice for who flies on which side and what the mission type is. We will be flying one mission per war "month" from June 1915 which will result in 41 missions. Players can select from any aircraft available at that time. Kills will be scored for obchieving mission objectives and for all kills. 5 kills gets you an ace skill. We will use the standard WOW playmats, attackers start at one edge of the first mat which is the theoretical line between their side and no mans land, the first map will comprise no mans land and the second will comprise the defenders territory. Leaving from different edges has different consequences depending on which side you fly for. There is a chance to die each time you crash and also a chance to avoid capture if you live.

Wish us luck. We have a section on the roster for pilot name and country so it should generate some very interesting AARs and perhaps a little storyline will develop with some ravalries and suich.
    Sounds like fun... good luck to you all!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Breath is definitely baited this time. Sounds like the sort of thing that should make a good blog.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

If this goes well I will publish the simple rules to the downloads section for others to use. It allows for players to show up as they please so there is no need to be there every week. In theory I think it will work well for our group because we are all married with kids and jobs and other RL commitments but still try to do Wednesday nights as often as possible yet a campaign setting will serve to connect the series of battles and give it that cohesive element that gaming needs to stay extra interesting. If anyone wants an advance copy of the rules PM me and I will email them to you. I am open to suggestions and feedback if you feel we are doing something wrong (or right). I'm sure we as a group will edit the rules as well.

Similar Missions

1. Through the War: A Campaign for a Day
    By Jythier in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 20:08
  2. The Year Campaign
    By Jythier in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 17:34
  3. I wont be at home for abit from tomorrow so....
    By Wodin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 06:29
  4. Heaven starts at 7pm tonight
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 05:28
  5. dinamic campaign !?!?
    By darkeldar70 in forum WGS: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 09:46