Ares Games

Thread: Old Pharts WGF version

Default Old Pharts WGF version

As we are getting older and things do not work so well I was wondering if anyone has given any thought to a senior version friendly WGF? For example for those with difficulty with vision we could do cards with bigger letters or numbers on them. Auto damage apps too where damage cards can be allocated and totals kept on cell phones might be good for those who have trouble with arthritis in their hands. I think once upon a time there was an app being made for the entire game but I have not seen that for ages.

Just musing here. What ideas do you lot have?

Did up a card version of the WGS damage chits for the vision challenged.

Couldn't be too hard to copy the existing cards into a larger format?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    As we are getting older and things do not work so well I was wondering if anyone has given any thought to a senior version friendly WGF? For example for those with difficulty with vision we could do cards with bigger letters or numbers on them. Auto damage apps too where damage cards can be allocated and totals kept on cell phones might be good for those who have trouble with arthritis in their hands. I think once upon a time there was an app being made for the entire game but I have not seen that for ages.

As one old(ish) phart to another, I totally agree. Yesterday I was sorting through a manoeuvre deck and had to resort to a magnifying glass to read the numbers on the cards to determine which card was missing from the deck - it was card 9 btw

base rounded edges and microscopic card numbers are a real pain...

How about a bomber management app?
    - displays bomber management cards with presence/casualty counters
    - crew and engine hit buttons to evaluate crew/engine damage
    - reminds which mg are jammed

I've been a resident of magnifyer-land for quite a while now.

I have too large a collection to start reproducing any of it in larger scales - I can manage just fine as things are.

As for "apps", I'm a total novice, and don't want to devote time to learning how to use them; but that's just me. I am fully aware that they are a real boon to those who are familiar with such methods.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I've been a resident of magnifyer-land for quite a while now.

I have too large a collection to start reproducing any of it in larger scales - I can manage just fine as things are.

As for "apps", I'm a total novice, and don't want to devote time to learning how to use them; but that's just me. I am fully aware that they are a real boon to those who are familiar with such methods.
    I like you Tim am a "Magnifier" & definitely not into the "App Thing". Love my computer & tablet but like Sails "NO APPS!"

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    I like you Tim am a "Magnifier" & definitely not into the "App Thing". Love my computer & tablet but like Sails "NO APPS!"

Old farts should use "Wings of War" components for WW1 actions, they are far easier to read with poor eyesight than the WOG components that came later

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Old farts should use "Wings of War" components for WW1 actions, they are far easier to read with poor eyesight than the WOG components that came later
    Yep, we do that whenever we can - the same with damage decks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magnifier.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	303959

no hard feelings, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by hokusai View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magnifier.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	303959

no hard feelings, ok?

i keep a magnifying glass in my game case for this specific reason lol.

im still waiting on the telekinetic version to give my shoulders and back a break lol!

Some years ago a mermber here printed off a WW2 set of cards Like the WW1 sets to replace the damage chits so that I could see them better.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post

You lost me at 'cell phones'!

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    i keep a magnifying glass in my game case for this specific reason lol.

im still waiting on the telekinetic version to give my shoulders and back a break lol!
    That's a good idea - I keep forgetting where I've put my magnifying glass!

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    That's a good idea - I keep forgetting where I've put my magnifying glass!

Similar Missions

1. Grapes version 1
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2015, 12:29
  2. Which version of WoW/WoG to buy
    By Wholenineyards in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 15:27
  3. Which Version WW1 Or WW2 and Why?
    By thumper7458 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8