Ares Games

Thread: Unofficial stats for Morane Saulnier I and V?

Default Unofficial stats for Morane Saulnier I and V?

In 1916 a number of Morane Saulnier ‘Bullets’ were produced and used in RFC service. These were mainly Morane Saulnier N but there were some few RFC specific variants. The I (4 total?) seems to have been an ‘N’ with a 110hp engine instead of 80hp La Rhone, while the V (8 total?) was a slightly larger aircraft with better endurance (but equally unpopular).

Does anyone have unofficial stats for either the I or the V? The N is rated at T manoeuvre deck, B damage deck, 10 hits, 9 altitude, 5 climb.

Edward

Not in the file Edward but I could hazard a guess.
    The speed of both the I and the V put them in the average speed bracket, some 20kph faster than the N - the closest to the T deck in that speed bracket is the V deck (or J*, a J deck with 2 sideslips taken out)
    Gun is the same, hits the same, looks like the I could climb a bit higher so may be Alt 10, climb 4 would fit the bill ?

"He is wise who watches"

Many thanks - that’s really useful.

Edward

Looking at Tools For Working out Stats doc 4,600m+ = Alt 11; the Morane I shows a max alt 4,700m on wiki so that might be good for both.
    The N has a max ceiling of 4,000m but falls in the 3500m+ = Alt 9 bracket as not 4k+.

Wings of linen give the type I stats of:
    16Q3-17Q4; R; B; 10; 9; 5.

but nothing for the Type V.

I think that's too slow myself, I don't know where those stats come from.
    https://linen.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

PS having scanned through some types on WoL there appear to be some odd decks quoted for speeds given on some types.
    Last edited by flash; 06-14-2021 at 10:04.

"He is wise who watches"

I am (slowly) putting together a list of all the WWI planes for which we have models but no unofficial stats and using the "Tools for working out stats" doc, along with proposals for their stats. But there are also Movement Decks that do not seem to show up in that document: 'T' (Fokker E.III), 'U' (Sopwith Triplane), 'V' (Albatros D.II), 'W' (Hannover CL.III), 'Y' (Halberstadt CL.II). Did those show up after the document was written? I wonder where those decks fit?

Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    ... there are also Movement Decks that do not seem to show up in that document: 'T' (Fokker E.III), 'U' (Sopwith Triplane), 'V' (Albatros D.II), 'W' (Hannover CL.III), 'Y' (Halberstadt CL.II). Did those show up after the document was written? I wonder where those decks fit?
    The "Tools for working out stats" doc predates WoG I think, hence no WoG decks in it.
    U fits in the fast bracket as Handy Rotary ; V is the same as J* & with W fits in the Average speed bracket, W has the same moves as Q so logically falls as Best Agility; T & Y are in the slow bracket. T would be Normal Agility, Y is similar to G* (no Immel) so counts as Lumbering.
    Last edited by flash; 06-17-2021 at 02:54.

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Morane Saulnier P - what would the stats be?
    By Watchdog in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 05:06
  2. WSF Morane Saulnier AI
    By clipper1801 in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 03:40
  3. Morane-Saulnier A1
    By petitbilbo in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 09:21
  4. Morane-Saulnier A1