Ares Games

Thread: Transfer Request

Default Transfer Request

Hello there, my name is Fred Bullpitt and I am a sergeant pilot in the RFC. I joined up on the 9th of May and with less than 2 weeks of training and nearly 6 hours of actual flying under my belt I found myself transferred to number 16 squadron in Northern France. I have been flying the superb Be2C now for almost a month but it seems like several lifetimes. In fact, my so called friends back home delight in telling me on many occasions that I have survived nearly 40 hours flying missions when the average life expectancy is only 17 hours!

I am teamed with Lt Roman Perkins, an upper class, titled, money covered twit who seems to love the wine, women and song of this place but is incapable of doing anything practical or useful in any way. He does not observe, take pictures or give any directions but merely stands in front of me and waves his rifle around whilst fiddling with his moustache. I got so fed up with him waving that blasted useless rifle around that I was actually glad when they gave us a new Be, one with a machine gun. Alas that too is pointing back at me rather than to the front where it might in the right hands be remotely useful.

I know it has been less than a month but I do hope they will take my request for a transfer seriously. I get so annoyed with that poser waving his machine gun around for the camera that I often forget to look for Huns.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crashed.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	302915

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Improved.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	302916

Thumbs up

Congratulations on surviving so long (so far--)
    Hopefully you will be granted a transfer.

Congrats on your survival rate; probably double the going rate for Be-2 drivers.
    Hope your transfer comes through; from how you describe this Perkins chap, if he points the MG forward, he's likely to shoot off your prop!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Well We had some visitors the other day from 1 RFC and I got to fly in one of their kites. A Morane Saulnier L 2 seater it was. What a wizard plane! The controls were a bit tricky especially the elevator, but after bothering the Hun in recon mode I went for a long fly South just to get the feel of it (got lost). Needless to say I have put in for a transfer to that lot. I must admit though that one thing Perkins did that was useful was that he made a pretty good wind break. With the Observer behind the pilot it is a bit chilly.

Hope your transfer comes through quickly but knowing the RFC and Admin

I hope that your transfer comes through and we get to hear more of your adventures.

What a great idea for a blog... a virtual flying career

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Similar Missions

1. Site: Site Transfer and Issues
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 12:48
  2. Transfer to the Capital
    By ptownhiker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 15:28
  3. Transfer complete