Ares Games
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Play by PM Game 10 - Targets Confirmed - Finished

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Bloody hell.... don’t think a single bullet has missed me yet...
    You do appear to be flying a Bullet Magnet or at least what's left of one.

Now, let there be firing with a bit of luck. Meant to add Turn 4 in
    Last edited by camel crew; 06-16-2021 at 05:55.

My plane suddenly feels a lot lighter.

Turn 4 inbound.

Turn 4 in

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Turn 4 in

Just waiting on one more set of orders for Turn 4 chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    I sent you 2 sets so you should have enough!

Hi Andy,

Have you had this in yet?

Turn 4.1

Turn 4 opens with the Northern AA gun firing at Stumptonian. Their aim is good but the Hannover is still flying. Sam Urai finally begins to turn in towards his target. Stumptonian having successfully bombed turns east to head for home. Zenlizard climbs slightly as his bomb load continues to drop towards the rail yards below. Baz dives to narrowly avoid the unwelcome attentions of both Teaticket and Camel Crew. Marechallannes sneaks under Flash, Camelbeagle and Hedeby and scores a partial hit on the tunnel entrance with his bombs. Sherlochnumber1 and Gangleader147 exchange fire in the SW corner of the battle. Unhappily for Sherlochnumber1 flames begin to erupt from his engine cowling.

Turn 4.2

Zenlizard's bombs impact in the Rail Yard partially hitting the large shed previously destroyed by Stumptonian. Gangleader147 and Sherlochnumber1 flirt with the edges of the map as they continue their duel. Gangleader’s observer pours more fire into the SE5A as Sherlochnumber1 dives down to his altitude. Flash is shadowing Sherlochnumber1’s burning SE5A and providing emotional support. Hedeby and Camelbeagle head after Zenlizard and Camelbeagle manages to exchange fire with the Halberstadt. Teaticket and Camel Crew speed towards Stumptonian but he is far below them and out of range. Marechallannes turns for home having dropped his bombs whilst Baz starts to turn back towards the town.
    Last edited by Sauerkraut; 06-19-2021 at 03:44.

Oops - not for the first time this game, misjudged direction AND speed!

Turn 4.3

Gangleader147 and Sherlochnumber1 both leave the battlefield. Sherlochnumber1 is praying that the fire will not destroy his aircraft before he can get home. Gangleader147 is racking his brains for a suitable excuse for why he failed to drop his bombs. Flash has trailed Sherlochnumber1 towards the edge and is now in danger of leaving the battle himself. Marechallannes and Stumptonian continue their homeward runs whilst Baz turns back towards the town for another attempt at a bombing run. Teaticket and Camel Crew try and cut off Zenlizard’s escape and Teaticket gets a quick burst into the Halberstadt. Hedeby and Camelbeagle head towards Sam Urai but his bombs are already falling and he scores another direct hit on the totally wrecked large railway shed in the marshalling yards.

Come back Lee.. I didn't mean to scare you ! Turn 5 in

"He is wise who watches"

Oops! That could have gone better, rudder damage prevented me turning right and avoiding the table edge. Hopefully I’ll do better next time! Thanks Andy!

Turn 5 in. They're getting away

Turn 5 in

That railway shed must be totally obliterated ..

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Turn 5 in

That railway shed must be totally obliterated ..
    There goes all the powdered eggs and spam!

Hey, the recon photos showed the shed was packed with locomotives undergoing maintenance; a particularly valuable target.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Lol, just to make sure, we have 3 of our bombers going for the same target

Oh well go back and get some more and come back?

Well if some of us could navigate ...

Just waiting on one set of orders again chaps then I'll crack on with Turn 5.

Turn 5.1

Now that the Entente aircraft have left the area the southern AA gun comes back into action scoring a hit on Marechallannes’ Hannover. Baz turns in for another attempt at a bombing run whilst the remaining German aircraft all turn towards home and begin to withdraw. Camelbeagle and Hedeby turn towards Sam Urai and Teaticket begins a power dive to rejoin the action below. Camel Crew flies beneath Zenlizard whilst Flash performs an Immelmann to remain on the field of battle.

Turn 5.2

Disaster! Having failed to anticipate his wingman’s power dive Hedeby collides with Teaticket. His already damaged airframe is unable to deal with the force of the impact and his Spad breaks up and plummets to earth.

Baz aims his aircraft towards the railway tunnel and lets his bombs go. Flash is heading quickly back towards Baz in an attempt to disrupt his attack. Meanwhile Camelbeagle and Camel Crew have both overshot their targets and the remaining German aircraft continue on their merry way towards their own lines completely unmolested.

This game doesn’t like me... first damage card is a BOOM second one is 10 POINTS from a collision. It’s these flimsy single seaters (and Teaticket’s crazy power dive). Oh well ⚰️

You are forgiven Pete... AVENGE ME !!!!

Turn 5.3

Having dropped his bombs too high Baz banks right and watches as they sail past the railway tunnel and impact in a residential area of the town. The onrushing Flash has wrongly guessed Baz’s intentions and banks away from the Halberstadt. Baz’s observer gives him a burst for his trouble and the resultant loud bang emanating from the Spad seems to indicate that he hit something. Teaticket and Camel Crew are both heading northwards whilst Camelbeagle is in pursuit of the escaping Germans.

This game doesn’t like me... first damage card is a BOOM second one is 10 POINTS from a collision. It’s these flimsy single seaters (and Teaticket’s crazy power dive). Oh well ⚰️
    Too difficult to predict. I thought I would be passing beneath you if you turned my way. Before take off I had sharpened my prop blades in case I ran into any German types not thinking about ....um.....what else could happen. I'll do my best to avenge you!

Not entirely true Chris, it doesn't hate you quite that much! The collision card was your fourth damage card. You had a 2 Smoke and a 1+1 Rudder Jam as well.

Turn 6 in. Everyone, stay out of my way!

"We gotta get outta this place, if it's the last thing we ever do."

-The Animals.

Turn 6 in

The chase is on - turn 6 in

"He is wise who watches"

Not entirely true Chris, it doesn't hate you quite that much! The collision card was your fourth damage card. You had a 2 Smoke and a 1+1 Rudder Jam as well.
    Now you’re just making it worse, lol

Turn 6 in. I don't seem to be bothering anybody up here

Turn 6.1

The Northern AA gun opens fire on Sam Urai but despite scoring a hit has no visible effect on the Hannover. Marechallannes, Stumptonian and Zenlizard seem to have eluded their pursuers for now and continue running for home. Sam Urai and Camelbeagle are flying parallel to each other and the SE5A has the advantage of height. Flash banks round after Baz’s gaudily painted Halberstadt whilst Teaticket and Camel Crew struggle to re-join the action.

(Got an errand to run so there will be a delay before Turns 6.2 and 6.3 are posted)

Turn 6.2

Flash puts a few shots into Baz as he crosses his bows and is perfectly positioned to avoid any unpleasantness in return. Stumptonian, Marechallannes and Zenlizard continue running with Sam Urai trailing behind. Camelbeagle sheds a little height as he shadows Sam Urai. Teaticket is now facing the right direction and Camel Crew completes his Immelmann. The chase is on.

Turn 6.3

Flying just above Baz’s tail Flash now shoots up Sam Urai’s Hannover. Sam Urai’s observer is on the ball though and returns fire at the onrushing Spad. Camelbeagle is gaining on Zenlizard but is now too far below him, and only just avoids being in range of Sam Urai’s front gun. Camel Crew and Teaticket are now in hot pursuit of the fleeing Germans. Can these Allied speed machines catch the Hun before he escapes back over his own lines.

Finally ! Sharing the love 7 up.

"He is wise who watches"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. over Flanders - another Play by PM game - Finished
    By Sauerkraut in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 01-31-2021, 01:02
  2. Solo game play
    By Sgt. in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-25-2020, 07:19
  3. BSG 33 campaign game confirmed for GAMMA CON 2019
    By Zoe Brain in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2019, 03:42
  4. Play by email game
    By chequers in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-02-2019, 07:00
  5. As if I needed another game to play....
    By STICK in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 15:18