Ares Games
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Play by PM Game 10 - Targets Confirmed - Finished

I’m going with the flow, I can feel the Force flowing through me! Turn 1 in.

Late to the party, because I somehow missed the updates yesterday. Sorry about that. Turn 1 in now.

Turn 1.1

The three SE5As open the throttles and fly straight towards the river and the approaching Halberstadts.

Flash slips right to avoid any possible entanglements with his colleagues. Hedeby dives down to the same altitude as the approaching Hannovers. This proves to be fortunate as Teaticket has made an alarming turn towards his wingman.

Marechallannes dives down to join his wingmen. Sam Urai maintains station on his leader whilst Stumptonian slips right to give himself a little more wriggle room.

Baz also dives down to join his wingmen but Gangleader147 has other ideas and heads lower still. Zenlizard maintains position on his leader’s starboard wing.

I like to cover all angles

Turn 1.2

Camel Crew climbs to meet the onrushing Halberstadts. Sherlochnumber1 ploughs on straight and level whilst Camelbeagle banks right and takes a run at his tail plane.

Having avoided his colleague by diving under him, Hedeby heads towards the approaching Huns. Teaticket now flies in Flash’s direction, although Flash has possibly anticipated this and sideslips right again.

Marechallannes continues at top speed towards the Spad but his wing mate Sam Urai stalls and falls behind a little. Stumptonian continues to slip right gaining more manoeuvring space.

Zenlizard strives to gain more height. Baz slips right in front of him whilst Gangleader147 flies straight towards Sherlochnumber1 hoping to get in a quick burst.

Turn 1.3

Teaticket banks left and manages to clip the rear of Flash’s base. Hedeby has also banked towards the other Spads but fortunately is at a lower altitude.

Sherlochnumber1 slips left and exchanges fire with Baz. Camelbeagle meanwhile is heading out to his wingman’s starboard wing to provide support. Camel Crew having been left behind when he climbed earlier, struggles to catch up.

The three Hannovers continue directly westward in a somewhat looser formation than they started.

Zenlizard slips right to avoid his Flight Leader. Gangleader147 rushes forward to try and support Baz but is out of range this time. As noted earlier Baz’s right slip has enabled him to exchange fire with Sherlochnumber1. Having the height advantage Baz gains +1 on his shooting.

Fast planes! Fast action! Turn two submitted.

Oops, sorry Flash. Didn't mean to saw off your tail!

Turn 2 in.

Any reason why 1.3 East is downside up?

Turn 2 sent

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post

Turn 2 sent
    Does it matter?

Actually it is the only picture that is up side right.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post

Turn 2 sent
    A spot of bother at the photographic section. Those responsible have been disciplined. All adds to the fog of war though!

Well in Mr B - Get some !
    Turn 2 in

"He is wise who watches"

Apologies for the delay - Turn 2 in

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Oops, sorry Flash. Didn't mean to saw off your tail!
    That's ass kissing we can do without !

"He is wise who watches"

SPEEEEEEEED !!!!!

Turn 2 in...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Ok, did I miss something. Curious to the delay???

My sincere apologies, I am in Devon on a golfing trip and the WiFi keeps dropping off hence not having been able to complete turn 2. I am back home later today and will do so ASAP. Thanks for your patience. Yes

Surprised you get anything down that was with the G7 & attendant worlds media soaking up the systems.

"He is wise who watches"

Real life gets in the way from time to time.

Turn 2 in, my apologies once again gentlemen for the delay!

Turn 2.1

Camelbeagle and Gangleader147 narrowly avoid a collision and Camelbeagle uses his rail mounted Lewis gun to good effect tearing holes in the belly of the Halberstadt. Baz banks left and tries to assist his comrade, firing into Camelbeagle’s SE5A whilst his observer fires at Sherlochnumber1. Zenlizard has climbed out of range of the onrushing Sherlochnumber1. The Spads have got themselves into a bit of a tangle as they also head towards the Halberstadt formation. Meanwhile Marechallannes dives towards the Northern AA Gun. Stumptonian remains in position on his starboard wingtip whilst Sam Urai turns to slot in behind the lead Hannover.

NB - I realised during editing that Baz's observer should not have been able to fire at Sherlochnumber1 due to his blindspot but as the damage card was a zero have not gone back and redone the pic.

Turn 2.2

Sherlochnumber1 performs an Immelmann and the altitude gained enables him to pour fire into Zenlizard's underbelly. Gangleader147’s observer fires at the retreating Camelbeagle and smoke starts to pour from the SE5A. Camel Crew and Flash and Hedeby and Teaticket seem to want to occupy the same airspace as they rush to intercept the Halberstadts.

In the North the AA Gun fires at Marechallannes but misses, much to the relief of the Hannover crew. Marechallannes and Stumptonian continue to head westwards whilst Sam Urai slots neatly into position behind them.

Turn 2.3

The AA gun in the South fires at Baz and scores a hit! The Halberstadt is still flying though. The dogfight intensifies as the Spads arrive to join the action. Hedeby and Gangleader147 exchange fire doing significant damage to each other. Sherlochnumber1 overlaps Zenlizard but again the Lewis Gun’s rail mounting proves its worth and enables him to pour more rounds into the Halberstadt’s vulnerable belly. Baz’s observer tries to ease the pressure on Zenlizard a little by firing at Sherlochnumber1’s SE5A. Flash and Camel Crew have skirted the action to the Northeast whilst Teaticket is too low to fire at Zenlizard. Elsewhere Camelbeagle has performed an Immelmann and is now heading back into the fight. In the North, Marechallannes banks left over the AA Gun and towards the town. Stumptonian and Sam Urai continue to head West.

Turn 2 has been absolutely brutal with some 32 Damage points dealt. This could end up being a very short game.
    Last edited by Sauerkraut; 06-12-2021 at 04:56.

Turn 3 in!

Turn 3 in. Oh my, what a cluster!

I am reading, and re-reading the bombing rules... not sure about this...

Turn 3 in... this is brutal, and i am concerned for my plane's safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    I am reading, and re-reading the bombing rules... not sure about this...
    Turn 3 in... this is brutal, and i am concerned for my plane's safety.
    Try reading the bombing rules with this John:

Can't see why it's brutal or why you're concerned for your planes safety, there's no one attacking you ?!

Well done the Entente chaps - Turn 3 in...

"He is wise who watches"

Brutal indeed. Measure for mesaure. Turn 3 in.

Turn 3 in, it’s tight around here with all this linen and wood

Bloody BOOM card, round 1 of combat.... this could be short and sweet (or not sweet)

That is much easier. Thank you Flash.

It's brutal to see the carnage my fellow pulls are enduring. And, eventually we will have to make a break for home.

Don't forget when dropping bombs your altitude will affect how far the bombs travel before hitting the ground as per RAP p.37.

Turn 3 submitted. Lets see what kind of collisions we get!

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Turn 3 submitted. Lets see what kind of collisions we get!
    I wish you hadn't said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Don't forget when dropping bombs your altitude will affect how far the bombs travel before hitting the ground as per RAP p.37.
    As they are hand dropped by the JAFO will they be doing part load drops ?
    Up to 5 × 10 kg (22 lb) Wurfgranaten 15 trench mortar fragmentation bombs in both types I believe, no hard points/racks on them.

"He is wise who watches"

I seem to be playing the bystander at the moment. Every time I get to my destination, every one else has buggered off : see you all soon. Round 3 in

Turn 3.1

Amazingly given the final positions in Turn 2 there are no collisions this turns. Excellent flying everyone!

Baz dives towards the centre of town and gives his observer a cheeky shot at the retreating Teaticket. Gangleader147 and Zenlizard form up in close formation and engage Hedeby and Sherlochnumber1. The Entente pilots are busy avoiding collisions whilst attempting to get back into the action. Marechallannes begins a low level run over the docks. Elsewhere Stumptonian turns in towards the town to begin his attack run whilst Sam Urai turns away from his target once more. The AA crews are frantically reloading.

Turn 3.2

Baz banks away from the town and heads directly over the southern AA Gun. Fortunately for him they are still reloading. Zenlizard has now turned towards the railway bridge. Gangleader147 stalls and fires at Hedeby again. Lots of Immelmann turns from the Entente pilots this time as they all turn to pursue the German bombers. Disappointingly though, no one has managed to get both in arc and in range of any of the marauding Huns. Marechallannes continues his flypast of the docks but now needs to be wary of Baz’s machine ahead. Stumptonian sideslips right to line up on his target. Sam Urai meanwhile has turned westwards.

Crap, I was debating whether or not to stall on the first move...would have been better lined up on target if I did. But what's done is done.

Turn 3.3

Zenlizard flies straight over the town and drops his bombs from high altitude. It will be a little while before we know where they will land. From the north Stumptonian has dropped his bombs directly onto the large shed in the rail marshalling yards destroying it completely. Sherlochnumber1 unsuccessfully tries two steep manoeuvres in a row. Fabric tears and struts crack but he remains airborne for now. Gangleader147’s observer takes advantage of his distraction to give him a burst with no return fire. Flash turns towards Zenlizard whilst the remaining Entente aircraft seem to be heading directly for Baz. Fortunately for him, they are not in range this turn. Marechallannes turns towards the railway bridge whilst Baz appears to be disorientated and is heading homeward. Sam Urai meanwhile descends whilst still heading west. Where is he going?

Turn 4 in, getting close to a shot now... not !

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Turn 4 in, getting close to a shot now... not !
    Tough to get in a shot at any of these squirming wiggly Hun. If they had to fly straight for their bomb runs we may have had a chance to shoot at one!

Turn 4 in.

Bloody hell.... don’t think a single bullet has missed me yet...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. over Flanders - another Play by PM game - Finished
    By Sauerkraut in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 01-31-2021, 01:02
  2. Solo game play
    By Sgt. in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-25-2020, 07:19
  3. BSG 33 campaign game confirmed for GAMMA CON 2019
    By Zoe Brain in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2019, 03:42
  4. Play by email game
    By chequers in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-02-2019, 07:00
  5. As if I needed another game to play....
    By STICK in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 15:18