Ares Games

Thread: Greetings to all fellow Tripods and Triplanes players out there!

Threaded View

2nd Lieutenant

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Seth
    Sorties Flown

Default Greetings to all fellow Tripods and Triplanes players out there!

I'm extremely new to this rather wonderful game I happened across... I say happened across as I actually have been watching 'Wings of...' ever since it first came out as 'Wings of War'. Alas, I never took the plunge in purchasing this (as it turns out) rather splendid game - but as an avid fan of 'The War of the Worlds' it made sense for me to finally purchase this particular (and rather peculiar but also perfect) off-shoot of 'Wings of Glory'! Now that restrictions have relaxed again here in the UK I'm (re)starting up my gaming group again and introducing them to this magnificent game of Earth's Early 20th Century Flying Machines vs the Mighty Metal Warlords of Mars! I currently have the Locust and Scarab Tripods with the Squid on the way and I'm slowly building up the Earthling forces - Nieuport 17, Sopwith Camel & Snipe, and the Macchi M.5 so I'm hoping this will be quite the campaign. Plans are to have a Cuttlefish in due time too, to complete the set of course!

And with that comes my story-driven campaign which I'll be posting somewhere on here as we kick this off and bring you updates as the campaign progresses... It's borrowing heavily from the source material and (of course it had to) Jeff Wayne's Musical Version so watch this space in the coming weeks! I can't pinpoint an exact start date as I'm waiting for a few of my group members to get back to me but I'm hopeful it will be in the next two weeks or so! (Though forgive me if this takes a little longer). I have a prologue all setup which I'll reveal... 'coming soon (trademark)'

Until then why not join me in a refreshing cup of your favourite beverage whilst we wait?

Tally-Ho all!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t&t.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	302181
    Last edited by SethLewis; 05-29-2021 at 00:59.

Similar Missions

1. T&T&T: Triplanes & Tripods & Tanks
    By Biggles downunder in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-28-2019, 23:48
  2. The Apostles of Tripods & Triplanes
    By NewFlyBoy in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-20-2019, 07:32
  3. The BBC goes 'Tripods and Triplanes' !!!!!
    By 'Warspite' in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-15-2018, 07:54
  4. Tripods and Triplanes BGG contest!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2017, 20:06
  5. A New Expansion? - Tripods and Triplanes
    By Naharaht in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 18:54