Ares Games

Thread: A Challenge to Ares

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Default A Challenge to Ares

Firstly, I greatly enjoy this game and have a large number of minis. With that said, I can't help but feel Ares is giving up on WoG. I did like that they reprinted the game mats, but greatly missed the mark on reprinting the duel packs. The community has been literally begging and screaming for reprints of the various "older" types (DH2, EIII, DVII, P51, FW190, BALLOONS...COME ON ARES!) with those minis going for ridiculous prices on various sites, but every time I check the Ares website on upcoming WoG...nothing but crickets. Covid is not an excuse, other companies have been cranking out minis for their systems (Fantasy Flight, Warlord, etc...) so apparently, finding alternate suppliers is, and should not be, an issue (for them anyway). I sincerely hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see the game skies filled with all the types in demand and badly needed new ones, but don't think it's going to happen.

My Challenge to ARES: STATE what your intentions are with Wings of Glory! If you're going to keep WoG on the market, then SUPPORT IT! I'm tired of feeling like Oliver Twist (Please sir, may I have some more?). You have a large number of dedicated CUSTOMERS who are willing to support (i.e. spend their hard earned money on) this game. If your intention is to drop it, then do so and stop stringing me along with empty promises (Balloons/Blenheim/SM79/F4U/P38/P400/etc, etc, etc....).

Rant off: I feel better now...

Roberto Di Meglio (from Ares) has announced future release on FB WOW WOG fan group (October 2020) :

Next in the pipeline for 2021:
    Reprints of rule pack, duel packs (the usual ones as it is a reprint, but I plan to issue 1915 Duel Packs with the reprint of the E3, DH2...)
    then drachens
    For ww2, SM-79 and Bristol Blenheim

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fans...ghts&ref=notif

Name:  BE0EED58-2041-4C82-B26E-D1D2074BFD1A.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  144.2 KB

Thanks for the Heads up Simon.
    Let us hope that this is not just smoke and mirrors which will materialize five years down the line, or the war will be over before I get my Blenheims. Just realized there is no Imoje for "bailed out."

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Simon, Bon Jour and Merci. Unfortunately, we've seen this before and as of today, nothing thru August on the website. I'll believe it when I see it.

Not sure what is up with their distributor. I have asked every shop in a reasonable driving distance, and none of them can even order the mat or duel pack reprints yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino52 View Post
    Simon, Bon Jour and Merci. Unfortunately, we've seen this before and as of today, nothing thru August on the website. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Agreed - i have had "open orders" for the Dual Packs since October. My local story is getting tired of seeing me come to the front counter. I haven't even said hello and they greet me with "No, it's not in yet. No word from our suppliers (distributers)."

Though nothing seen of them yet the duel packs & RAP are listed under recent releases on the Ares website. As Rob said they're the usual ones as it is a reprint. We won't see the planned 1915 Duel Packs until they reprint series 5, whenever that will be. Series 5 was the first series Ares released in WoG, along with the first bombers. Next year is the 10th anniversary of those releases so maybe they'll do something special but believe it when you see it is probably the correct attitude to adopt.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Wings of War/Glory is already an old game and Ares has many others games in catalog including new to develloper so keep just a basic box WW1 some duel pack and Battle of Britain to reedit is for them the minimum to ensure the sustainability of the game.
    Now yes it should be that game stores are at least re-stocked a minimum is true !
    When the new miniatures planned ? total mystery for the date of realization ...

Maybe yes some surprises for the anniversary of the game who knows ?

Firstly, I greatly enjoy this game and have a large number of minis. With that said, I can't help but feel Ares is giving up on WoG. I did like that they reprinted the game mats, but greatly missed the mark on reprinting the duel packs. The community has been literally begging and screaming for reprints of the various "older" types (DH2, EIII, DVII, P51, FW190, BALLOONS...COME ON ARES!) with those minis going for ridiculous prices on various sites, but every time I check the Ares website on upcoming WoG...nothing but crickets. Covid is not an excuse, other companies have been cranking out minis for their systems (Fantasy Flight, Warlord, etc...) so apparently, finding alternate suppliers is, and should not be, an issue (for them anyway). I sincerely hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see the game skies filled with all the types in demand and badly needed new ones, but don't think it's going to happen.

My Challenge to ARES: STATE what your intentions are with Wings of Glory! If you're going to keep WoG on the market, then SUPPORT IT! I'm tired of feeling like Oliver Twist (Please sir, may I have some more?). You have a large number of dedicated CUSTOMERS who are willing to support (i.e. spend their hard earned money on) this game. If your intention is to drop it, then do so and stop stringing me along with empty promises (Balloons/Blenheim/SM79/F4U/P38/P400/etc, etc, etc....).

Rant off: I feel better now...
    Eric: over here I'd have to say that Ares fumbled the ball out the back of the end zone.......although I've only got bit by this in the past 16 months (WW2 crazy for 60+ years), whenever I see what Ares "is up to" here in these pages, the sound of crickets approaches the locust plague in the 10 Commandments with Charlton Heston. I am underwhelmed.
    Thank gawd for Shapeways, Valom, some dedicated decal individuals, and the new breed, the home printers...............and this site and its contributors.....

Similar Missions

1. Fokker D.VII Challenge!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Contests
    Replies: 229
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 08:25
  2. Solo: The Ensign's Challenge:
    By THECCRICH in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2015, 13:37
  3. Laying down a challenge!
    By FarEast in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6