Ares Games
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Holiday Schnapps! - Play by PM Game 9 - Finished

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    French plane disintegrated in the air?
    I think the Boom card you gave him may have helped that to happen.

Learned this lesson with my Gotha over London...
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    5 points apparently !

Stupid pilot !
    Fancy doing that when so close to your limit, sods law will always drop the bomb on you !

Well done Baz, home free

Ooh, 17.5k up !
    I lost count of the damage, lol

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Turn 10.1

Baz escapes. With the last Halberstadt safely away, Sam Urai and Marechallannes race for home but Stumptonian does not appear to have got the memo. Camel Crew and Teaticket head after the Albatros trio and Flash Immelmanns to follow them. Camelbeagle continues eastwards.

Turn 10.2

Stumptonian performs a Split-S, turning to face his pursuers. Teaticket has banked left after Sam Urai and Marechallannes whilst Camel Crew appears to be heading home. Flash continues to follow Teaticket southwards.

Turn 10.3

Sam Urai has now made it to safety and Marechallannes is only yards behind him. Teaticket climbs and is rewarded with a burst from Stumptonian for his trouble. Having almost reached the German lines Camelbeagle begins to turn homewards. Flash has slipped left but is too late to catch the lead Albatros pair.
    Last edited by Sauerkraut; 05-28-2021 at 03:34.

C’mon Pete, get that crate home for a clean sweep

Good Luck!

Andy - I won't post another turn.

My Albatros leaves the map with a simple straight flight maneuver.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

All over bar the shouting, turn 11 in

"He is wise who watches"

Hello Andy

Think I sent in round 11 as round 10. Have resent round 11 oops

All over bar the shouting, turn 11 in
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	646963E4-F1C9-4C97-94E1-D072F44EDD6A.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	302179

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snoopy.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	302180

Just grateful to have made it back to the airfield

Lol congratulations chaps... we’ll get you next time (we need some Bristols, lol)

11 in. I'll take some more lead from Pete but can he get off without taking any himself? C'mon boys!

Would love to help but I seem to have broken my plane.

CO said if I broke another one he was going to be very miffed

Turn 11.1

Marechallannes is the fifth Central Powers aircraft to make it to safety. Just Stumptonian left on the field of battle; can they make it a clean sweep? Flash and Camel Crew both bank towards the lone Albatros but he sneaks through between them. Teaticket has pursued Marechallannes to the very end and is now out of position, as is Camelbeagle to the North.

Turn 11.2

Stumptonian begins to turn for home. Teaticket pulls an Immelmann and joins Flash and Camel Crew in the pursuit. Camelbeagle banks towards the distant Albatros hoping it will fly into range.

Turn 11.3

Stumptonian continues his turn eastwards. Teaticket and Flash are now in a race to reach the Albatros before it reaches the German lines. Camelbeagle and Camel Crew both stall, nursing their overworked engines and are probably too far away now to join the chase.

Round 12 in. chgga chugga cough cough goes the engine

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Lemme outta here!

Turn 12 in
    Go for it, we’re all waiting for you

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Lemme outta here!

Turn 12 in
    We're here for you to help send you on your way.

12 in.

Give it the beans Pete, you might make it...

"He is wise who watches"

Turn 12.1

Stumptonian slips left as he races for safety. Flash closes slightly whilst Teaticket banks right and lines up on the Albatros. Camel Crew and Camelbeagle turn towards the action but neither looks likely to reach it in time.

Turn 12.2

Stumptonian slips left again but is unable to escape the attentions of Teaticket’s Spad. Bullets hammer into the Albatros doing serious damage. The three Camels can only look on.

Turn 12.3

Stumptonian slips left again but doesn’t quite reach the German lines. Fortunately for him Teaticket has veered off at the last minute and can no longer bring his guns to bear. With the Camels out of range, Stumptonian will escape in the first phase of Turn 13.

A decisive Central Powers victory with all German aircraft safely returning home and all Targets successfully photographed. The mechanics detailed to repair the battle damage and the two wounded pilots may not see the result as so clear cut however. Congratulations to the victors and commiserations to the vanquished. Thank you to all for taking part and I hope you all enjoyed the game.

Other results - The job interview which delayed the game partway through must have gone well as I start my new job at the end of June.
    Last edited by Sauerkraut; 05-30-2021 at 06:39.

The Victors

Zenlizard - RTB (pilot wounded) - Target successfully photographed - 9 Damage received (Flash - 5, Camelbeagle - 3 (pilot wound), Hedeby - 1) - 7 Damage inflicted (Sherlochnumber1 - 4, Hedeby - 2, Camel Crew - 1).

Gangleader147 - RTB - Target successfully photographed - 5 damage received (Flash - 5) - 10 Damage inflicted (Flash - 9, Teaticket - 1).

BazRTB (pilot wounded) - Target successfully photographed - 12 Damage received (Hedeby - 8 (pilot wound), Teaticket - 4) 4 Damage inflicted (Flash - 2 (pilot wound), Hedeby - 2).

Sam Urai - RTB - 1 Kill (Sherlochnumber1) - 11 Damage received (Camelbeagle - 4, Sherlochnumber1 - 4, Hedeby - 3 (fire)) - 10 Damage inflicted (Camelbeagle - 7, Sherlochnumber1 - 3).

Marechallannes - RTB - 1 Kill (Hedeby) - 11 Damage received (Camel Crew - 11) - 20 Damage inflicted (Hedeby - 8, Sherlochnumber1 - 8 (pilot wound), Camel Crew - 3, Camelbeagle - 1)

Stumptonian - RTB - 11 Damage received (Teaticket - 5, Camel Crew - 5, Hedeby - 1) - 5 Damage inflicted (Hedeby - 2, Teaticket - 2, Camel Crew - 1)

Last edited by Sauerkraut; 05-30-2021 at 06:36.

The Gallant Losers

Sherlochnumber1 - Shot down by Sam Urai - 15 Damage received (Marechallannes - 8 (pilot wound), Zenlizard - 4, Sam Urai - 3) - 4 Damage inflicted (Sam Urai - 4)

Flash - RTB (pilot wounded) - 11 Damage received (Gangleader147 - 9, Baz - 2 (pilot wound)) - 10 Damage inflicted (Zenlizard - 5, Gangleader147 - 5)

Camel Crew - RTB (damaged engine) - 5 Damage received (Marechallannes - 3 (engine damage), Stumptonian - 1, Zenlizard - 1) - 16 Damage inflicted (Marechallannes - 11, Stumptonian - 5)

Camelbeagle - RTB (damaged engine) - 8 Damage received (Sam Urai - 7 (engine damage), Marechallannes - 1) - 7 Damage inflicted (Sam Urai - 4, Zenlizard - 3 (pilot wound))

Teaticket - RTB - 3 Damage received (Stumptonian - 2, Gangleader147 - 1) - 9 Damage inflicted (Stumptonian - 5, Baz - 4)

Hedeby - Shot down by Marechallannes - 19 Damage received (Marechallannes - 8, Zenlizard - 2, Baz - 2, Stumptonian - 2, Illegal Manoeuvre (2 Steeps) - 5) - 13 Damage inflicted (Baz - 8 (pilot wound), Sam Urai - 3 (fire), Zenlizard - 1, Stumptonian - 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    ..Congratulations to the victors and commiserations to the vanquished. Thank you to all for taking part and I hope you all enjoyed the game...
    Vanquished my arse !
    We'll get you next time - maybe we'll be allowed to catch you up before you get over the target
    Great job Andy, thanks for putting on the entertainment

"He is wise who watches"

Made it by the skin of my teeth!

I knew Teaticket's SPAD would likely reach me; luckily he 'only' did 5 damage with that final shot.
    This was another fun campaign.
    Cheers to Andy for a terrific job playing gamemaster.
    REP inbound.

And congrats on the new job!

Vanquished my arse !
    I knew you'd like that!

Thanks for the game Andy. I can't run another till mid June. I'll do one then if another isn't in progress. So if anyone else wants to run one, here's your chance.

I suppose I could run two games in a row but I'd rather not. Need a bit of recovery time.

Could have the Germans returning to bomb the targets they just photographed.

Nice one Andy. Thanks for a great game. Rep gun jammed but one on its way soon. That engine damage does curtail the adventure, but nothing the ground crew can't fix.

Thanks Andy and congratulations on the job.

Awesome Andy! Great game! That darn engine damage can really mess you up! Thanks again!

This was another fun game to participate in. Thanks for your GM efforts, Sauerkraut. and (congratulatory head bobs) on the new job.

Thanks Andy, monumental occasion where I stuck to my brief and tried to be a pain in the arse throughout.

Thanks again.

Sticking to the brief is the new thing, the rest is a given, no effort required !

"He is wise who watches"

Depending on the situation sometimes your briefs stick to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Depending on the situation sometimes your briefs stick to you!
    That may explain the walk..

"He is wise who watches"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Similar Missions

1. over Flanders - another Play by PM game - Finished
    By Sauerkraut in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 01-31-2021, 01:02
  2. Here we play again! The Great Orchestra of Holiday Help!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2017, 13:45
  3. A round of schnapps on me
    By zenlizard in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 01:52
  4. A Bit o' Holiday Cheer... Dogfight Night At The Family Game Store
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 13:29
  5. As if I needed another game to play....
    By STICK in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 15:18