Ares Games
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Schnapps! - Play by PM Game 9 - Finished

Mes amis les Britanniques! I will gladly accept your help as I find myself in the middle of the Halberstadts. I pray they will soon be taking photos and not shooting!

Where'd everybody go?

turn 2 in

I have been asked a question about how I am handling Halberstadts making Immelmanns / Split -S. The rules state that the observer may not fire on any of the three cards of these manoeuvres as he would risk falling out of the aircraft. If you are performing a straight or stall as the last manoeuvre of a turn with the intention of performing an Immelmann or Split-S then you will need to let me know that you do not want the observer to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Where'd everybody go?

turn 2 in
    We're all here, down here. Look down. You are so high you just can't see us.

Turn 2 in ......about to get congested in here

"Der Franzmann ist unter mir durchgetaucht...

...so wird das nix, mit dem Blauen Max!
    "

Turn 2 sent.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Turn 2 in... although I’m in a Spad so turning is more of an idea than a reality. SPEED !!!!

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

😂😂 sorry Flash! I’ll try harder next time, I’m a bit rusty not having been able to have our regular weekly get togethers!
    Turn 2 in!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlochnumber1 View Post
    ���� sorry Flash! I’ll try harder next time, I’m a bit rusty not having been able to have our regular weekly get togethers!
    Turn 2 in!
    No worries mate, we'll be able to shake some of that rust off in less than a weeks time

"He is wise who watches"

Only if someone needs to drop out, i am interested.

MANY thanks to all who run these fun missions. And, many thanks to the other players who help make these so much fun.

I know I said watch my tail, but that's a bit close Round 2 in

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    Only if someone needs to drop out, i am interested.

MANY thanks to all who run these fun missions. And, many thanks to the other players who help make these so much fun.

John, you can take my spot if it's ok with Andy.

Happy with whatever the two of you decide.

OK, she's all yours, John. Just avoid those Boom cards and Fire and everything should be fine

Turn 2.1

The action hots up over the town as Zenlizard engages both Spads, setting Teaticket on fire. Teaticket has slipped right and fires into Baz’s Halberstadt at close range. Elsewhere Flash continues to fight hard to avoid his wingman and Sam Urai banks back towards the town in search of opponents. Gangleader147 appears to have the perfect camouflage scheme for flying over urban areas (sadly the large name tag has given his position away!)

Turn 2.2

Baz gets to fire back at Teaticket as the Spad overshoots. Flash and Sherlochnumber1 continue their perilous dance whilst Marechallannes and Sam Urai form up in perfect formation. Gangleader147 heads over towards the centre of town as the Halberstadts swarm the target. Meanwhile Stumptonian performs an Immelmann and begins his pursuit of the Camels.

Turn 2.3

Sam Urai and Marechallannes continue to fly in formation with the latter getting a quick burst into Camelbeagle as the Camel enters his sights. Flash dives and engages Zenlizard but is shot at by Baz’s rear gunner in the process. The Spads huddle together for comfort once again.

*munching popcorn*

I had a question from the Gamemaster about my intentions, that I didn't see until this morning; but he applied exactly my intention in the absence of my reply. Good on ya, Sauerkraut for correct anticipation.

Turn 3 submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    I had a question from the Gamemaster about my intentions, that I didn't see until this morning; but he applied exactly my intention in the absence of my reply. Good on ya, Sauerkraut for correct anticipation.

Turn 3 submitted.
    Nice. Sadly my plane seemed to have a mind of it's own though.

Turn 3 in!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    *munching popcorn*
    Wha.. ? You're supposed to be flying not spectating !

Rat-a-tat-tat ! Turn 3 in.

"He is wise who watches"

Turn 3 sent.

Time to make a few holes into those Entente birds.

Important Correction - Teaticket's Spad is no longer on fire. Due to an error on my part in carrying out the manoeuvres Teaticket was in range and arc of Zenlizard in phase 2.1 when in fact he should not have been. Rather than rewind the entire turn and start again, I have removed all of the damage sustained from that shot and we will continue from the position shown in the 2.3 photos.

SAM URAI please note you are now flying Malachi's Albatros so please put the popcorn down. Thank you.

Glad I have that large name tag - I was struggling to find my plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Gangleader147 View Post
    Glad I have that large name tag - I was struggling to find my plane!
    You are doing well using your camo to it's fullest!

Turn 3 in.

Hmmm I seem to have some additional air conditioning in my Spad.... SPEED !!!!
    Turn 3 in
    Last edited by Hedeby; 05-15-2021 at 01:45.

Turn 3 in, my wingman is playing catch up and gone awol.

Turn 3 is turned in... sorry for the delay

apologies for delay, communication issues, turn 3 in

I have now received all orders for Turn 3. Apologies but I am unable to play the turn until tomorrow morning but will get it posted up as soon as I can.

no worries Andy, We'll just have to be patient

Last minute change of plans from SWMBO, I will now be busy tomorrow instead so here’s Turn 3.1

And in case you were wondering where Camel Crew’s aircraft has gone.

Gangleader147 flies slowly over the Railway yards with Baz in tow. Zenlizard follows the river and is shot up by the onrushing Flash. Marechallannes and Sam Urai neatly change from a line abreast to line astern formation and still have time to exchange fire with their counterparts. Marechallannes swaps rounds with Camel Crew whilst Sam Urai and Camelbeagle forcefully exchange opinions. Sam Urai’s Albatros begins to smoke. Elsewhere Teaticket and Hedeby try to turn back towards the action and Stumptonian continues trying to rejoin the fray.

Turn 3.2

Flash dives past Zenlizard to engage Baz’s Halberstadt and is shot in return. Zenlizard has performed an Immelmann and is now high above Flash so he shoots at the diving Sherlochnumber1 instead. There is lots of wheeling and turning going on elsewhere as everyone struggles to get into position.

Turn 3.3

Everyone is now in a small enough area to fit on one photo.

Zenlizard and Hedeby exchange fire beneath the Albatros of Marechallannes. Flash, Camel Crew and Sherlochnumber1 have overshot the Halberstadts who all now appear to be heading eastwards for home. Only Teaticket and Camelbeagle currently lie between the Halberstadts and safety.

Oy... silly smoke...

Turn 4 submitted

Dakka dakka dakka... Turn 4 in

Why is everyone shooting at me? I just a tourist, here to take pictures of your lovely landmarks.

Turn 4 submitted.

Turn 4, these beasts are robust but slow, May have a few followers to get to home edge

Hmm...

Last maneuver should has been a straight. Maybe you want to think about your planing.

Contacted Sauerkraut.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Hmm...

Last maneuver should has been a straight. Maybe you want to think about your planing.

Contacted Sauerkraut.
    Might affect my Turn 4 move.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Hmm...

Contacted Sauerkraut.
    No change to my orders

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. over Flanders - another Play by PM game - Finished
    By Sauerkraut in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 01-31-2021, 01:02
  2. Here we play again! The Great Orchestra of Holiday Help!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2017, 13:45
  3. A round of schnapps on me
    By zenlizard in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 01:52
  4. A Bit o' Holiday Cheer... Dogfight Night At The Family Game Store
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 13:29
  5. As if I needed another game to play....
    By STICK in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 15:18