Ares Games

Thread: Life never slows down, or gets easier

Default Life never slows down, or gets easier

Greetings fellow aviators.

I am still enthralled, and deeply enjoy, Wings of Glory (WWI), but life is what it is. While i have not "flown" in over 2 months now, i still am looking forward to getting in more games. No need to 'splain all that goes on. I know you all have your own trials, etc.

A quick question i would like to ask though - i would like to put together a series of scenarios for a campaign, but it would need to be flexible on what planes can be used as not everyone in our group has a large collection. Especially not one that covers all the "seasons" of the war, but 1917 and 1918 are pretty well covered. I am perusing the campaign threads for ideas. I just ask to see if anyone has ideas that may not be represented thus far.

I am thinking of games where "campaign" pilots do not always face off against each other, but also allow for pilots to fly which ever side they wish.

Thank you in advance.

"Lt" Hooch

Well John, there are a large number of mission briefs under the OTT (Over The Trenches) thread. I'm sure the ideas there could be adapted. You don't have to use the specified aircraft and all of the scenarios have been played by members who represented both sides. there are even missions based on the Italian campaign, for a bit of variety. You don't have to read any of the AARs if you don't want to as all of the Missions have been posted under a seperate thread under the OTT banner.
    The campaign has been running since 2012 I believe, so there must be some ideas there you can use
    Hope this helps,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    ...there are a large number of mission briefs under the OTT (Over The Trenches) thread. ......The campaign has been running since 2012 I believe, so there must be some ideas there you can use
    Hope this helps,
    Mike
    That is very helpful. Thank you Mike.

Having each player have multiple rosters can help. A bunch of us are flying an on-line campaign where we each have rosters for British, French and Germans. It gives players the opportunity to fly all the planes. When someone can't make it we have the flexibility to move people around to keep the games as even as possible. And as Mike suggested, check out the OTT campaigns over the years, there are loads of great missions to fly.

This is where to find the OTT collections John, help yourself to the ideas pile, just give a nod to the author if you use one in an AAR.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...p-Rule-Threads
    Peter has it right, for your group multiple pilot identities would serve you best.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Excellent. Thank you Col Teaticket and Squadron Leader Flash. Taking notes.

Similar Missions

1. Life don't get no better than this .....
    By Baxter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-17-2019, 06:43
  2. Real life getting in the way
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-09-2016, 19:51
  3. For those who knows what life is really all about...
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 05:43
  4. Life's Like That
    By David Manley in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 01:18
  5. An intresting book. The life of the Irishman who saved Hitler's life
    By Justin3.14 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 17:14