Ares Games

Thread: G’day Clipper

Default G’day Clipper

I’ve started this thread so that we can send Dave our thoughts, prayers and best wishes to him without burdening him with the need to respond to many individual posts and emails.

Capital idea, Wayne.

Clipper, I hope your recovery goes well.

All the positive vibes I can gather are being sent to Dave.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Clipper, Prayers your way. Best wishes for a good recovery!

Put me down for a big loud "Ditto" here.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Thumbs up

David I am so sad to hear of all your problems & I will say prayers to help you through these "Dark Times".
    I know you have faith & are usually a very strong person & I am sure you will pull through this & I look forward to seeing you back on the Forum

The very best of wishes from Baz.

Best wishes, David.
    We all miss you and hope things turn around for you soon.

Hello David - go well and see you soon. If there's anything we can do to help let us know. Kind regards, Terry

Looks like you have had a tougher year than most David. Take your time, get properly better and remember that all your friends on here have you in their thoughts.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

David,
    It goes without saying that you should take all the time you need, but know that we're sending the best healing thoughts in your direction, and we'll welcome your return when it is time.

David, I am sure you know that everyone here wishes you well, and hope that you make a full recovery in your own time. We all miss you.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Good wishes and positive vibes to you Dave, hope you're feeling better and getting stronger every day. Looking forward to you landing back at the 'drome when you're ready with the elves on your heels and stories of your creations.

"He is wise who watches"

My prayers are still with you Dave.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Dave
    Allow me to add my wishes for your speedy and complete recovery.
    We are all thinking of you, and the 'Drome just has not been the same without you and the Elves.
    Having said that, take your time and pop back and see us when you are good and ready - we'll be here for you.
    Take Care
    Tim
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

David, so sorry to hear all the news about your situation of the moment. Sincere and heart felt condolences for your loss and a wish for a speed recovery from your illness. You are missed - here's a little prayer for you

Dave,

Take all the time you need, we are wishing you the best in such a difficult time.
    You and the elves are missed along with the stellar contributions but we look forward to seeing more to come.

Hey Dave, we're all pulling for you. Do what you have to do to recover and always remember we are here for you, in public and in private. Don't hesitate to lean on us for anything. Come back when you are ready.

David;
    I'm thinking, and praying, about you often. We will be here for you, when you can make it back.
    Also, thinking I need to get the cookie trays out again.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Pretty much a 'ditto to all of the above' sentiment from me Dave.
    You've been a pleasure in our few interactions... Plus, anyone who has offspring in my fair country can't be all that bad - can they?

We’re missing you, Clipper. Missing the Elves. Missing zeppelins... and kitchen table dam busters... and all the outrageous, over the top things you think up.

Wishing you the best!

I cannot imagine how you feel at this point in time Dave but my thoughts are with you and your loved ones.
    Although we have never met in person your presence on the Forum has been an inspiration to me in my feeble attempts at scratch modeling. The joy your models have brought to us is imeasurable.
    I for one hope that one day when you feel able you will drop onto the site again. You are greatly missed.
    Paul

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Dave, you already know that I echo all the positive thoughts, prayers, and well wishes of all your friends on this site. The Aerodrome hasn't been quite the same without you. Miss you on the Aerodrome site, and I think of you every time I'm flying in the Pacific Theater. Looking forward to the day that the king, King Clipper returns.

Hi Dave, my very best wishes to you in this harsh time for you, stick in there matey and get well really soon, you are missed

Dave, your (and the elves') creativity and contributions to this community never cease to amaze, and you've been an inspiration for me to start tinkering with my own squadron.

You're in our thoughts, can't wait to have you back.

havent read the thread as to whats going on, but best wishes for a speedy recovery dave!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    havent read the thread as to whats going on, but best wishes for a speedy recovery dave!!!
    PM sent
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

The forum was a better place with you in it.

Dear, dear friends, your concern and care has been wonderful and very appreciated. Our family has drawn ever closer by the loss of Jennifer. For 44 years she has made a strong creative family and an unshakable home of love that endures. I have lost my muse of art, history, passion and companionship.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210317_201335.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	301525

I am suddenly and quite expectantly alone in many of the realms I once was so at home. Much of my life is now lacking the strong encouragement and direction that forged our happy life and I find myself without rudder and compass. 3 months have drifted past my bow and no clear course has emerged. I find myself resorting to my old habits. The Workbench has once again well attended and your united call has been heard to return to the fellowship of the sky and sea. Thank you all for your love and prayers. I have returned to work, teaching and counseling part time and am looking at some form of retirement though not getting much encouragement except from family. My coworker's won't let me go so it looks like I will be doomed to continue working. All of which is distracting from my grief and grist for my solace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210510_122936_resized.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	301526

The game and pursuit of new builds haunts me ever on. Many new projects are well underway which will be posted soon.

Again, thank you each and all for your partnership and fellowship you have been a great blessing!

So glad to see you back with us on the Aerodrome. We've missed you greatly! If you enjoy working and your coworkers, then I hope you continue spending time with others who appreciate your company.

Yea, I'll second that. Really good to see you back again, holding that light for your future. Good on you and stay strong

Hi Dave,
    sooo good to see you have "resurrected" yourself.
    Take care now, and remember ... don't go anywhere without your happy memories
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Clipper, those ships are MAGNIFICENT! I can scarcely believe what I'm looking at. Can't wait to see what's next.

Take care of yourself!

Whoa! Those ships are AWESOME! Amazing job! Keep the happy thoughts flowing Clipper!

Good to have you back with us Dave.
    That is a moving tribute you have posted, and the work you are doing is obviously therapeutic.
    I say to you work on as long as you wish. You will know when the time to retire is right instinctively.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Good to hear from you again, Dave, and thanks for sharing that moving update and those wonderful ships!

Good to hear from you Dave. Take care of yourself

Really good to hear from you again, Dave.
    The ships and carrier are fantastic.

If your co-workers and the forum are distracting you, I hope it's the good kind of distraction, and not the buttinski kind of distraction.

It's so good to have you back, Clipper!

I'm sure you'll choose to divide your time wisely - always ensure you put yourself first through this difficult time.
    It's great to know that so many others enjoy and desire your company, but don't be tempted to stretch yourself too thinly.

We all look forward to viewing your upcoming projects - those warships are a fantastic start!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Absolutely brilliant to have you back, and what a return... those ships are UNBELIEVABLE, fair to say there is not one of us who isn’t slack jawed in amazement.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Absolutely brilliant to have you back, and what a return... those ships are UNBELIEVABLE, fair to say there is not one of us who isn’t slack jawed in amazement.
    Could not have said it better Chris!

A highlight of my time living in Boise, Idaho was when you came up for a visit with I want to say a family member, and we were able to sit down and grab some lunch. You’re a top notch artist and even better person. My wishes for you and your health my friend.

Similar Missions

1. Thank you Clipper
    By Scott in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-14-2021, 09:44
  2. Mrs Clipper comes through!
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-03-2018, 21:05
  3. Don't tell Clipper
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-20-2017, 03:10
  4. Thank you Clipper.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 10:22
  5. This looks like Clipper's doing to me!
    By somaliavet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 15:23