Author:
    JM Bruce
    ISBN:
    Category:
    History
    Format:
    Paperback
    Summary:

A Windsock mini Datafile n#5, that is rather short with few details concerning the operational history of this plane during WW1, as it was rapidly grounded after one month of operational use and a few structural accidents.
    As usual in Windsock Datafile publications, it contains detailed 3 views profiles and good quality black and white photographs and pictures.
    A comparative technical and performance chart help to compare the Morane AI to contemporary fighters.

Personal opinion
    Nevertheless, it gives interesting information about the tricky reason why the English force didn’t order it (a report failed to mention it was a single seat fighter and English had bad memorie of the MS type N, I, V and AC versions !).
    Despite the lack of operational information, I think it is worth reading it to have better knowledge of this not well known scout that could have achieved a great role during the war stopped by two accidents that led to its grounding and related it for training purpose.

Free Downloading from this link : https://docer.tips/windsock-mini-dat...r-type-ai.html
    Press on the following icon :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B0F1961F-8959-418A-B9B2-2F55C21D4539.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	300496

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	592D791D-125F-41D0-82F5-C0DD76D8D403.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	300495
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DA801F7A-E926-49EB-A3C0-9F8E6F2E5632.jpg   CBCF352A-8261-4976-97AC-9A6E1791E2BF.jpg  
    Last edited by monse; 04-24-2021 at 19:33.

Nice. I have this Mini Datafile. Thanks for the e-book version of it.

This plane could have been an excellent scout if they could fix the wing problem. The Germans did it for the Dr1 so I bet it could have been done if there was support for this monoplane.

The thing that amazes me is that they built 1,000-1,300 of them, briefly equipped three squadrons, and then sent them to training or the scrap heap. That's a lot of production for a plane that had almost zero impact.

Oh, and a warning: whoever uploaded those documents to that site probably does not own the copyright and had no right to do so.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Simon great idea for a new Ares Miniature Morane Saulnier A.I So why not ?
    Wait and see ...

Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    Oh, and a warning: whoever uploaded those documents to that site probably does not own the copyright and had no right to do so.
    Strange nothing posted for me as a warning ???

Similar Missions

1. Morane-Saulnier Type I
    By john snelling in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 09:44
  2. WSF Morane Saulnier N
    By lucky in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 04:01
  3. Morane-Saulnier A1
    By petitbilbo in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 16