Ares Games

Thread: Hi, Officer Cadet Nick Warrick Reporting For Duty

Default Hi, Officer Cadet Nick Warrick Reporting For Duty

I am new to Wings of War, very new in fact! I have a rule book and a game mat and am waiting for my first models. There appears to be some supply problems up the chain. My duel pack order with Zatu has been in the pipeline for over 6 months. I have now ordered some that are actually in stock, but I am worried about balancing my forces. I live in Lostwithiel and would welcome the opportunity to play with someone when restrictions allow.

Good morning Nick, and welcome to the Drome.
    I am sure tat a number of our pilots here will be glad to give you advice upon your options when it comes to buying aircraft.
    I will explore the data base and find any members in your area.

Fly safe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thank you.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Good morning Nick, and welcome to the Drome.
    I am sure tat a number of our pilots here will be glad to give you advice upon your options when it comes to buying aircraft.
    I will explore the data base and find any members in your area.

Fly safe.
    Rob.

There you go Nick.

Green Goblin
    AlexRevell
    BarryH
    Cornish Yeoman.
    Death the kid.
    FionaN
    gilles65
    Honey Badger
    Mairo
    Navigator
    ov3rlord_Kang
    Simon366
    Simply Andy
    Tab1359
    Tony130559
    Wizards Warlords.
    Yllek
    Yomto

welcome to the drome nick!!! id get whatever you can get your hands on while you can and worry about balancing later. balancing isnt a really big problem as the damage deck itself works as a big balancing factor.

Hi Nick, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome aboard - the pre orders are pending everywhere and lots awaiting for restock. Be cautious, you can be lured into bidding wars and pay extortionate rates. Grab what you can but sometimes be patient (failed at this myself).

Welcome to the Drome Nick. If you are having trouble sourcing models, may I suggest Entoyment Wargaming and Hobby Store in Poole. Pete is very supportive of our Wings group and tries to keep as much in stock as he can.

Hi Nick, welcome to the 'Drome!

If there is anything in particular that you want, drop me a line - I often have reasonable success sourcing stuff.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome to the aerodrome Nick. When you can't find anything Tim is your man.

Welcome! Greetings from across the pond!

Hello Nick.

Welcome to the show. Dive in and enjoy yerself

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    There you go Nick.

Green Goblin
    AlexRevell
    BarryH
    Cornish Yeoman.
    Death the kid.
    FionaN
    gilles65
    Honey Badger
    Mairo
    Navigator
    ov3rlord_Kang
    Simon366
    Simply Andy
    Tab1359
    Tony130559
    Wizards Warlords.
    Yllek
    Yomto
    I will check the latest files for those pilots who are currently active...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Thanks for that. I have some planes arriving next week. I shall play a few games against myself to help learn the rules and not worry too much about force composition.
    Cheers
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    welcome to the drome nick!!! id get whatever you can get your hands on while you can and worry about balancing later. balancing isnt a really big problem as the damage deck itself works as a big balancing factor.

Thank you
    Nick

Thanks everyone for your welcome and advice. I tried thanking people individually, but my replies pop up all over the place and I’m no longer sure who I have answered and who I haven’t. I have read all your comments and I appreciate your time. Thank you.
    Nick

Welcome, Nick, from Portland, Oregon.
    As others have said, get what you can when they are available, but don't pay exorbitant prices.
    You only need a few to get started.
    (Says he with dozens that have yet to make it to the table)

Welcome Nick, the people here are the utmost in creative. Be sure to use the Advanced Search function and dig around in the Files section. And don't be like me.. collected ALL the planes in my first year. It's too expensive
    Last edited by Von Scharf; 04-20-2021 at 14:12.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States. Be sure to check out the Files section for loads of add-ons, unofficial aircraft, house rules, scenarios, that sort of thing.

And if you like, consider joining in one of the Over The Trenches solo play campaigns, I believe one of those is starting up right about now. (contact Flash; rules for the next phase of the campaign are here: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...Campaign-Rules )

Or, if you prefer, Jump into the next scenario in the Play-by-Private Message campaign (which I'm running: those rules are here: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...lay-by-PM-Game ) Note, though: I have one space left, and I've also extended this invitation to another new player, Grand Duke. First come, first served!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Nick, from here near Norwich.

Hi Nick, Welcome to the Drome from just up the road in Devon. Well, up the road is stretching it a bit, as I live in Newton Abbot! But if you are ever up this way, give us a shout and perhaps we can arrange to shoot one another down

Feel free to PM me if I can help out in any way. And if you are stuck for players, there's always solo gaming. I do that loads and can guide you on how to go about it.
    Chau for now

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Hi Nick, welcome to the 'Drome!

If there is anything in particular that you want, drop me a line - I often have reasonable success sourcing stuff.
    Tim Is the Smaug of the Drome

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Bienvenue from Brittany Nick . Lived in Plymouth for some years and know that Lostwithiel can be a bit lonely for gamers.
    If you are willing to cross over to England Mike who posted earlier is a good point of contact, plus he is near the other Trago Mills if you "need to do some shopping"
    Paul
    Oh and Happy Birthday.

Seem to have a stutter or Strutter on this post.

Stutter cured Paul.
    If King George could do it so can I.

Rob.

Thank you Sir More repeats than Garden rescue there.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Thank you Sir More repeats than Garden rescue there.
    Methinks you exagerate slightly there Squadron Leader.

Kyte.

Moi

Oui vous monsieur.

Kyte.

Another welcome to you from me in Bristol.

Default I have aeroplanes arriving tomorrow, yippee!

Thanks again for all your welcomes and advice.
    Cheers
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Warrick View Post
    Thanks everyone for your welcome and advice. I tried thanking people individually, but my replies pop up all over the place and I’m no longer sure who I have answered and who I haven’t. I have read all your comments and I appreciate your time. Thank you.
    Nick

Thumbs up

G'day Nick & a belated welcome from the Colonies on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

Yes sourcing models is a bit "how's your father" at present so just grab what you can when you can.

If you are into model painting a great source of supply is Shapeways (3 D printing) some of the suppliers are members here & you can get all the hard to obtain Nexus & Ares models via Shapeways!

Similar Missions

1. Flying Officer Vagabond Reporting for Duty
    By Vagabond in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-21-2018, 12:32
  2. Central England New Pilot Officer Reporting For Duty Sir.
    By Maverick in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 00:07
  3. National: Missouri Pilot Cadet Reporting for Flight Instruction
    By lincolnlog in forum US Wing
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 18:41