Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shapeways planes in full color?

Hanriots would be fun but I wasn't sure how many people were interested in Italian/Belgian planes.

They've got a bit of gloss.... But then, so did a lot of actual planes, due to the coatings they'd put over the paint (e.g. linseed oil). I'd describe it as "satiny", as the surface doesn't look polished so the reflections are not uniform.

A matte coat spray would almost certainly work, but I'd recommend testing on a small portion of the underside in case it acts as a solvent or something, since I don't know that anyone has tried it.

I think the Willie Coppens Hanriot in the Belgium Cammo scheme would be neat. I don't care much for the Ares bright blue one. Also, the Austria-Hungary Albatros with the carpet fabric paint scheme would be interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    Hanriots would be fun but I wasn't sure how many people were interested in Italian/Belgian planes.

They've got a bit of gloss.... But then, so did a lot of actual planes, due to the coatings they'd put over the paint (e.g. linseed oil). I'd describe it as "satiny", as the surface doesn't look polished so the reflections are not uniform.

A matte coat spray would almost certainly work, but I'd recommend testing on a small portion of the underside in case it acts as a solvent or something, since I don't know that anyone has tried it.
    Hard to gauge true interest I am sure. The Italian Hanriot gets overlooked, but the Italians had half their squadrons equipped with them by 1918. They should appear on the tabletop far more often. As for the Belgian ones, pure selfish interest on my part. I would love seeing more Belgian aircraft period.

Did someone say Belgian Hanriots?
    Hoping to convert some of my Italian ones someday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of IM86B1~1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	310526
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of Copy of IMC0E0~1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	310527

I think a series of 9me Escadrille would be excellent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Missions

1. WSF 1/144 WGF & 1/144 + 1/200 WGS Planes on Shapeways
    By Teaticket in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 281
    Last Post: 04-02-2021, 11:12
  2. General My brand new Shapeways planes
    By Baron Rolf in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 01:09
  3. General Shapeways Planes
    By alpine in forum Shapeways Models