Ares Games

View Poll Results: Favorite Fokker (D.VII)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Goering (either wings or glory)

2 6.06%
  • Udet

13 39.39%
  • Sashenberg

9 27.27%
  • Schafer

10 30.30%
  • Stark

5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Favorite Fokker (D.VII)

Default Favorite Fokker (D.VII)

I was trying to figure out what official Wings of War/Glory D.VII existed (before I thought to check Wings of Linen), and looked on eBay, and was struck at the prices that Stark (the power of pink?) was going for - I thought Udet would be rarer and far more in demand, but clearly what do I know? So, it’s simple: your favorite Fokker D.VII?

And I seem to recall having problems creating polls before, so this may be another quickly deleted catastrophe...

Give me the camo topped DVIIs.! I actually like them all but Goering.

Schafer!

So many repaint possibilities, with the lozenge camo already in place on the wings, and no overlying stripes/bars/other guff!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Schafer!

So many repaint possibilities, with the lozenge camo already in place on the wings, and no overlying stripes/bars/other guff!
    Well, now that I think about it, if you want to repaint and want the lozenge pattern, you’ll probably find it a whole lot easier with it in place already! But my repaint ideas tend to go along fanciful lines, so over-painting Goering just to spite the Fokker is more my speed. And Goering was the first of the current set of D.VII to sell out by quite a margin. I suspect for repaint purposes.

Schafer is the only one I don’t have, so repainting that one seems like a crime!

Sachsenberg for me, love the striking colour scheme. Whilst I am also a fan of the Udet and Schafer schemes, these models seems to have a more "toy-like" finish to them.
    Last edited by Sauerkraut; 03-31-2021 at 02:54.

The Schafer D.VII is magnetic each time it's out on the table (which can be a good or bad thing, depending on how I'm flying that day, haha)! I think Sachsenberg is certainly a close second, though.

Nothing beats Udet's taunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Give me the camo topped DVIIs.! I actually like them all but Goering.
    ^this. But I had to go with Sachsenberg

The Stark is my favorite. Caught my eye right away and was my first D.VII. Thanks again, Karl!

I must compliment Ares on their choices... the Udet, Sachsensberg, Schafer. are all excellent. The Goering should have just been done in primer grey...

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Sachsenberg for me, love the striking colour scheme. Whilst I am also a fan of the Udet and Schafer schemes, these models seems to have a more "toy-like" finish to them.
    Interesting observation - there is something about the Udet D.VII finish that sets it apart from a lot of other planes.

Schafer!

Repeat this until your lungs hurt!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

My vote was for Stark (Pinky) if it's good enough for the Air Force museum it's good enough for me

20210331_163115.jpg

Of course, I should have said that my actual favourite D.VII is my "Steffi" repaint!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Of course, I should have said that my actual favourite D.VII is my "Steffi" repaint!
    I figured that if I provided a space for “your own repaint” anyone with a repaint would vote for that, simply because they are more unique and stand out (and yes, I’d vote for Steffi over any of the official models).

i love any and every DVII. my favorite would probably be my "purple baron" repaint. confining myself to official releases itd have to be udet all the way.

Here are some pictures of the official miniatures, to help making the choice.

This time, the Wings of Glory models are much well done with their front engine black cowling.

GOERINGWOW113A
    74C66516-8C97-4D27-A8CD-2BD5DACD93C7.jpeg

GOERINGWGF115A
    51889C59-947C-4739-B58E-F8F581E304C0.jpeg

UDETWOW113C
    4A627E75-F48F-4C95-B0C8-BF15E4B421C7.jpeg

SACHSENBERGWGF115B
    9F8E047D-4B66-4056-B33D-00AC8D1AD268.jpeg

SCHÄFERWOW113B
    15DD6F1F-23A6-4B46-B7E7-546C3DF8D13D.jpeg

STARK WGF115C
    4A23CDAC-5D3A-42BC-B733-D04AAE58D057.jpeg

Goering , boring but great for repaints

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Udet as it looks a bad ass to paint / decal from scratch

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Smile

I voted for Udet which I might add I do not have. Stark which I do is my second choice.
    I agree the Goring is great for repaints as I used it to do a Jasta 18 (Raben) D.VII.

WoG Jasta18 Dr1 & Fok DV11 Repaints.jpg Views: 84 Size: 116.7 KB">WoG Jasta18 Dr1 & Fok DV11 Repaints.jpg

WoG Jasta18 Dr1 & Fok DV11 2.jpg Views: 83 Size: 32.1 KB">WoG Jasta18 Dr1 & Fok DV11 2.jpg

A regular seller of WoG stuff on eBay illustrates one of the reasons for this particular poll. He just put up the latest three D.VII: Stark and Sashenberg for minimum bid of $55 each, and Goering for $75. Now, Goering sold out first by a wide margin of those three, but at the same time, nobody actually seems to like Goering except as great for repainting. This poll would seem to indicate that given the Goering is being sold primarily as a collector’s piece (due to price) rather than it’s blank canvas appeal, it will command less demand than the other two. Popcorn out, watching.

Great repaints, Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    A regular seller of WoG stuff on eBay illustrates one of the reasons for this particular poll. He just put up the latest three D.VII: Stark and Sashenberg for minimum bid of $55 each, and Goering for $75. Now, Goering sold out first by a wide margin of those three, but at the same time, nobody actually seems to like Goering except as great for repainting. This poll would seem to indicate that given the Goering is being sold primarily as a collector’s piece (due to price) rather than it’s blank canvas appeal, it will command less demand than the other two. Popcorn out, watching.

Great repaints, Barry!
    So my experience buying eBay Fokker D.VII's earlier in the year (Feb/March) was exactly the opposite. I acquired 5 Goerings, 2 Sachsenburgs, a Stark and a Schaefer. In each case I paid less for the Goerings. But now the Goerings go for more. eBay is a silly place. I'm very glad that I have collected all the Ares/Nexus planes and no longer have to prowl there and spend all of my allowance. I'm also happy to have recently ordered a few things directly from Ares and avoided the third party market altogether. Hope it incents them to reissue more!

... and those are great repaints, gully_raker! You should definitely sell those to me for prominent placement in my of Great Works from the Masters of the 'Drome collection!

Udet : High-class !

Schafer for me.
    Although the repaint Tim made for me is actually my fave.

I have 3 Schafers with two in the 'repaint someday' queue. I need to check my decal stash to confirm I have the necessary ones for an easy update.
    Likewise Stark, with 3 in the queue after seeing Teaticket's modified ones a few years back. Glad I grabbed them when I did ...

I originally got 2 extra Goering thinking they would be an easy 'blank canvas' but later realized that the lozenge-ready Stark was a better fit.

Similar Missions

1. What is Your Favorite Country to Fly For
    By Future Pilot in forum Polls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2018, 05:51
  2. Least Favorite WW2 Airplanes
    By Future Pilot in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-30-2018, 07:50
  3. Ace skills, what is your favorite and why?
    By Tribune in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 11:38
  4. Favorite Period?
    By The Mad Hatter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 00:30
  5. So who is your favorite pilot and why?
    By Anav in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 19:38