Ares Games

Thread: Nose art decals & Misc art decals

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

Default Nose art decals & Misc art decals

By any chance is there a possibility of making an assortment of different nose art for US & British Bombers, fighters etc? Also, looking for things like dice, Card suits, Card Hands. IE: Full House, Royal Flush, etc. for 1/200 scale?

I saw a photo of a C-47 from WW2 that had a the nose art of a card hand showing a full house. It was a pair of kings, both black and three aces two Red and one Black.
    I have been looking for something like that to put on one of my C-47's. If I cannot find the decals I'll probably have to hand paint it on.

Thanks!
    Captain Knowitall

This is not exactly what you are looking for, but Fighting Piranha Graphics has some interesting decals.

decal-Gen01.gif
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

Actually that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I knew someone made this stuff but I could not remember who the heck it was.
    Fighting Pirannha graphics!!!
    Thanks RJG173!!!

Daniel,
    I-94 has a set of decals for 1/200 and 1/300. Playing cards, dice, and 8 balls.
    It is their MI 100 set. You can buy it from Raiden Enterprises. I have used them on some of my repaints and they work great.

https://raiden.25.ekm.shop/mi-100-as...dice-341-p.asp

"Fighting Pirannha Graphics" - I'd never heard of them before...

Now I've got an order in - thanks!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Never heard of these guys before. Nice. There are quite a few I'll be ordering.

Their main gig is Battletech and CAV. The make a lot of decals for Sci Fi wargames. Nice work. I have a couple battlemechs with their decals.

I always go to Miscmini first for my decal needs. Kevin provides first class customer service!

If you just want to peruse a bunch of general decals in a scale that is useful to WoG, I've ordered from this seller on eBay: tutu_cube

You can follow this link and then use the "See other items" feature to see ALL THREE THOUSAND DECAL SHEETS that tutu_cube offers. It is a staggering selection and many sheets come with a wide range of sizes. Each sheet is shown with a centimeter scale on it, so you'l know if it usable for you. Both times I've ordered, the decals were well printed, really well protected in shipping, and they arrived reasonably fast from China.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-1-12-1...IAAOSw5ZBWL5JY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-144-1-72-...MAAOSwCWRgTbw-
    Last edited by Von Scharf; 03-29-2021 at 09:35. Reason: added another good example

Similar Missions

1. Decals?
    By Gallo Rojo in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2019, 13:48
  2. VMF-222 F4U-4 Decals
    By DarrylH in forum United States
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2018, 06:49
  3. 1/200 B-17 decals
    By CappyTom in forum PW2: General Discussions
    Replies: 3