Ares Games
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DONCASTER 2021 ATTENDANCE

Default DONCASTER 2021 ATTENDANCE

So, on the back of the current wave of prayers and optimism, it’s time to start pulling together the lists for Doncaster 2021. So please can you indicate in this thread whether you are planning to attend this year’s event (Covid & Boris permitting), as follows...

A. Definitely attending (notwithstanding restrictions etc.)
    B. It’s a maybe from be, but I hope to be there.
    C. It’s a definite No for me this year

Can you also indicate whether you are planning to run a game, or willing to run a game. ( and if so what sort... WW1, WW2, Tripods, Sails and BSG)

I know there have been comments here and there in other threads but pulling everything together here will allow us to start pulling the event together. We can then go out with requests on which games you would like to play)

Thank you chaps.
    Last edited by Hedeby; 03-20-2021 at 13:10.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Hi

It’s a definite from me, room booked at Premier Inn, subject to Boris. I won’t be running a game as not experienced enough, but may bring a filler game as I tend to e it early from others and a bit of fun.

A

Definite from me, room booked etc.

Can run WGF, WGS, BSG but not the "ginger stepchild" - you know of what I speak!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Put me down for an "A" . Room booked

Oh, and not tripe-pods neither!

A - already booked

Barring any emergencies that may arise (as occasionally happens in my line of work)

Could put on a game of "Wings and Waves of War" if we are short

A definite yarp from me and my ground crew. Willing to put on an 'almost WW2' game - The Planes in Spain Fall Mainly Down in Flame.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Excellent stuff chaps, we are on a roll

Planes booked Check,
    Hotel booked Check
    Virus check checked if still applicable
    Donnie here we come
    Assuming EU peeps are allowed over without a quarentine.
    Last edited by tikkifriend; 03-21-2021 at 10:43.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Please put me down as B - a maybe at the moment. I want to attend, if circumstances will permit. I believe that there were some guidelines on how to score games. I have ideas for scenarios for games to put on but mot how to score them according to the official method, so they are comparable with other games at Doncaster.

Thanks David, we can agree scoring later in the day, I am just trying to build up a picture of how many folk we are likely to have and who would like to run a game (and if so what). Interested to hear what you had in mind

B

...and I can not tell you more in this moment

Appreciate that Dan...

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    A definite yarp from me and my ground crew. Willing to put on an 'almost WW2' game - The Planes in Spain Fall Mainly Down in Flame.

Yep, a definite from me - Room booked and I can run WW1 game(s) - Bring it on

Thanks Mike.. got you pencilled in for a WW1 game, let me know scenario when you get time... No rush

So... now it’s illegal to go abroad, hope this isn’t the thin edge of wedge when it comes to not releasing lock down.

Hi Chris, the Biggles clan intend to arrive in force as ever, I still have the Fw190A3/4s and assorted Spitfire VBs and IXs to protect the Dieppe invasion if needed.
    (Still haven't got round to anything but the most basic of test runs)
    Mrs B will doubtless be Sails oriented, I will fly as will WhisperingDeath(Amy) and Hannah.

Lest we forget

It's an 'A' for me and I still intend to run a WW2 game of a medium bomber sortie over Holland with a mixed bunch of Wellingtons and Blenheim's.
    Do we have dates yet?

c) - I have definitely to work this weekend...
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    c) - I have definitely to work this weekend...
    So a good reason to organize at least a small group session in Prague (seeking the bright side).

I should be there and can put on a Sails game with a few ships

Just a few ships? if you need any extra ones, you might try asking Tim, he never seems to use his ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    So... now it’s illegal to go abroad, hope this isn’t the thin edge of wedge when it comes to not releasing lock down.
    Might bugger up our travel plans France -UK -Spain in September

But let wait for the final decision from Cus Boris

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    So a good reason to organize at least a small group session in Prague (seeking the bright side).
    So are you still going ahead with Prague Con Dan ? if so when.

Just a few ships? if you need any extra ones, you might try asking Tim, he never seems to use his ships.
    Oh, you know what's coming, don't you?

Here it comes.....

Ready?

ouch !

Make it an "A" for me ....unless we still are not allowed to travel ... or worse
    cheers,
    Guus
    Last edited by Aardvark1430; 03-24-2021 at 14:36.
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Good man Guus... fingers crossed

Dont forget to smuggle some of that wonderful cheese over Guus................

let me know scenario when you get time...
    Shall do boss

Fingers crossed for you overseas based guys. Sorry you can't make it Sven.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Dont forget to smuggle some of that wonderful cheese over Guus................
    ...and Luft-Waffles!!!! LUFT-WAFFLES!!!!

The prize joke of Donnie 2019

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    The prize joke of Donnie 2019
    quite right, I always start grinning when I offer Luftwafflen to family and friends
    Let's see what fun 2021 will bring
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Hey Guus, good to know you are hoping to get to Donnie 2021. A question please.

Is a Luft-Waffle anything like a Stroop Staffel?

Looking forward to meeting up again,

Groetjes

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Hey Guus, good to know you are hoping to get to Donnie 2021. A question please.

Is a Luft-Waffle anything like a Stroop Staffel?

Looking forward to meeting up again,

Groetjes

Mike
    Hi Mike,

see you at Doncaster
    cheers,
    Guus

B gusting A from me. Need to get final approval from work and family but doesn't look like there will be any issues at the moment. If I can make it If happily run a WW2 BOB scenario, or Tripods if anyone is interested. Otherwise I'll just join in on whatever else is happening.

Thanks Mark, I’ll add you to the list. I’ll give it another week or so then start pulling together the agenda/play order etc.

Had a long chat with the lovely Tracey at the Air Museum this morning regarding September. As it stands ( and notwithstanding the fact that everything could change) looks like we are going to be fine with a few minor caveats. It is more than likely that the wearing of masks will still be mandatory (but then again the rules may relax), also we shouldn’t have an issue with numbers given that we tend to have around 30 in number, even allowing for a few extra we should still be ok. We will have to limit the number of players per table to comply with the 1m social distancing rules (again assuming they remain in place), so may be necessary to have more games with fewer players, but thankfully we have had a few new volunteers to run games.

So all in all, as things stand, it is all looking very promising. Just hope that cases continue to decline and that the rest of Europe can get themselves sorted so that our friends from the continent are able to join us, as it won’t be the same without them.

I will be in regular contact with the venue over the next few weeks/months and will update you all as soon as anything changes (hopefully any changes will be for the better)

So fingers crossed we will be back together soon.

Had a long chat with the lovely Tracey at the Air Museum this morning regarding September. As it stands ( and notwithstanding the fact that everything could change) looks like we are going to be fine with a few minor caveats. It is more than likely that the wearing of masks will still be mandatory (but then again the rules may relax), also we shouldn’t have an issue with numbers given that we tend to have around 30 in number, even allowing for a few extra we should still be ok. We will have to limit the number of players per table to comply with the 1m social distancing rules (again assuming they remain in place), so may be necessary to have more games with fewer players, but thankfully we have had a few new volunteers to run games.

So all in all, as things stand, it is all looking very promising. Just hope that cases continue to decline and that the rest of Europe can get themselves sorted so that our friends from the continent are able to join us, as it won’t be the same without them.

I will be in regular contact with the venue over the next few weeks/months and will update you all as soon as anything changes (hopefully any changes will be for the better)

So fingers crossed we will be back together soon.
    Plaudits to you for the hard work you continue to do for us lowly pilots. Happy to hear that things are looking good.

cheers,
    Guus

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Plaudits to you for the hard work you continue to do for us lowly pilots. Happy to hear that things are looking good.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please put me down as B - I would like to attend, if circumstances will permit but with the virus no one can tell for sure. Although I have high hopes

Let’s hope Lex, it would be great to see you again.

Great Chris - thanks for the hard work. As you say - fingers crossed. A thought - if we do need to play more games, with fewer players at each, will we be allocated enough room space for that?

Ok, booked at the Premier Inn Doncaster Central East as usual
    ... arrival planned for Thursday (evening) Sept 16th ..., departing Sunday (afternoon) Sept 19th.
    Really looking forward to meet up with everybody again and the fun we'll have
    cheers,
    Guus

ps.
    Will be carrying cheese and "Luftwafflen and/or Stroopstaffeln"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Arjan
    Sorties Flown

Hopefully I will make my debut this year, hiding in de luggage of Guus and Lex...

So that would make a: A/B entry, depending on Corona, Brexit and other such trifles...
    A. Definitely attending (notwithstanding restrictions etc.)
    B. It’s a maybe from be, but I hope to be there.

Regards,

Arjan

Hurrah!

Hope to see both yourself and Lex there.

EDIT: Hope to see 3 Flying Dutchmen! (that's PILOTS, Chris, not things with <<shudder>> SAILS....)

looks like the Premier Inn is going to be busy that weekend hopefully meet you all there

Looks like there'll be a Dutch Vic flying over Doncaster this year ... or maybe even a finger four ... ... well, you never can tell ...
    Let's wait and see
    cheers,
    Guus
    Last edited by Aardvark1430; 04-01-2021 at 11:58.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. DONCASTER 2021
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 297
    Last Post: 09-26-2021, 04:46
  2. Hammerhead 2021
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-18-2021, 19:36
  3. 2021
    By Hedeby in forum Officer's Club