Ares Games
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DONCASTER 2021 ATTENDANCE

If Steve really is advising BoJo, that could explain a great deal...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Did not look like such a great deal from where I am sitting. My plane's on fire again.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Upgrade me to an A, leave pass confirmed and hotel booked. Looking forward to it!

Get in Mark, that’s great news.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Uh oh. There's now a growing possibility that I may not be able to make Donnie after all I have informed Chris already and I won't know for certain for a while yet but if I can't then Chris has the WWI game covered - many thanks Chris. It's a family thing and would involve our going to Canada. The dates just happen to coincide with our September dates. Have to say, I shall be overjoyed to meet my grandson for the first time and to celebrate my son's 40th with him (20th September) and the rest of the family. But by the same token I shall really miss attending Donnie
    Canada seems to be opening its borders to double vaccinated folk from September 1st and the UK has announced that those returning from countries on the amber list, currently including Canada, will not need to isolate. But who knows what changes might occur between now and then. Hence the clash.
    Ah well, C'est la vie huh. There's always next year.

Mike
    20 Sept my lads birthday too but he is 42 this year

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

B and crossing finger

Dream would be to carry a few Roman friends as Idid last time I joined Wings of Prague.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    B and crossing finger

Dream would be to carry a few Roman friends as Idid last time I joined Wings of Prague.
    Long time no see, A.A.! Any headway with getting things into the pipe that you can share? I know comms between me and you guys have been quiet for a while, and it sounds like boardgames are the focus right now while waiting for supply lines to resettle...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

B and crossing finger

That would be excellent!
    Crossing fingers, crossing legs, crossing eyes.....

CROSSING everything !!!!! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING

B and crossing finger

Hmmm… I am fully vaccinated but Covid-19 (and probably a Brexit that make procedures harder for UK) seems to make things pretty hard. A mix of isolation, a series of Ł210 tests and such are pretty complicated for a weekend there. Let’s see how the situation evolves in the next two months.

Simiar situation for me to Andrea, Got the Carte Sante but it seems that the UK does not want any French to enter Britain without Isolation!!!

I could bring a few solitaire scenarios for isolated players like sottotenente Martino Aichner vs. HMS Bedouin. But it would not be so fun after all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F085F956-AB54-407C-9BDF-7AEA02832BD3.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	304614

Name:	6589A594-8BD4-4EE6-8304-2601B0DF1895.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	304615

Name:	23943F69-23B6-4B55-981E-A04496BB4050.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	304616

Oh joyous

Latest news is that ITALY and GERMANY look like they are are going on the green list....

Is that the Green plus list or just Green

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Simiar situation for me to Andrea, Got the Carte Sante but it seems that the UK does not want any French to enter Britain without Isolation!!!
    We did that in 1066... didn’t end well

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Latest news is that ITALY and GERMANY look like they are are going on the green list....
    Chris, please, is it possible to share a link where I can follow UK's restrictions?

Dan, this may help:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...1-1c394e2f96f3

Not looking good for you chaps on the amber list at the moment, unless you want an extended stay in our glorious country. It might be worth signing up to their email notifications.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Let’s hope we see some major changes on August 16th as the current Amber rules affect France, Netherlands and Czech Republic...
    Let’s hope more countries follow Italy into green...

News this morning - Parliament to debate dropping the Isolation requirement for double-vaccinated visitors coming from the USA and the EU...

"Debate" only, thus far, but if it comes down on the "yes, we approve" side...

Rules have changed again as of a few minutes ago....and for us it’s a positive change this time... from 4th August fully vaccinated travellers from the USA and (amber) EU countries will NOT have to isolate on arrival, so that’s Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany and Italy all clear to visit, just need the French to shift their behinds out of Amber+ and we can potentially have everyone able to make it....

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Dan, this may help:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...1-1c394e2f96f3

Not looking good for you chaps on the amber list at the moment, unless you want an extended stay in our glorious country. It might be worth signing up to their email notifications.
    Any chance of hacking into the site and making everyone Green

Rules have changed again as of a few minutes ago....and for us it’s a positive change this time... from 4th August fully vaccinated travellers from the USA and (amber) EU countries will NOT have to isolate on arrival, so that’s Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany and Italy all clear to visit, just need the French to shift their behinds out of Amber+ and we can potentially have everyone able to make it....
    I will say this only once... The UK Gov invented the Amber + not ze French,
    https://youtu.be/QSo0duY7-9s

lol... busted

That is very good news for most of us then.
    Paul and Mary, I will keep canvasing the PM, after all you are British subjects!
    Failing that we will get the lads to smuggle you in in the Bombay of a Lanc. Promise not to fly over any Dams on the way!

Kyte.

Bombay that's a long way to come for a week end

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    That is very good news for most of us then.
    Paul and Mary, I will keep canvasing the PM, after all you are British subjects!
    Failing that we will get the lads to smuggle you in in the Bombay of a Lanc. Promise not to fly over any Dams on the way!

Kyte.
    Everything crossed for the moment, but our hopes have been dashed before .Still with the same surname as Bozo we might claim diplomatic impunity.

So looks like the whole reason behind France being plague central is down to Reunion Island... that’s it.... madness.
    However there is going to be another review next week and the view seems to be that France will be downgraded... so here’s hoping...

Thats it Guadaloup, Martinique , Reunion and all the Dom toms are high risk , but mainland France not a problem, its like equating the Faulklands to the mainland UK

Exactly... absolutely crazy to block France because of three tiny island thousands of miles away.

So... looks like France is coming off stupid amber plus, meaning no isolation requirements... looking better for you Paul

So... looks like France is coming off stupid amber plus, meaning no isolation requirements... looking better for you Paul
    Putan de merde I certainly hope so.

Its OFFICIAL... France OFF the quarantine list as of 5 minutes ago...

Its OFFICIAL... France OFF the quarantine list as of 5 minutes ago...
    Mon Dieu! Apres moi le deluge, as Del-Boy would say

Its only for the next 3 weeks but fingers crossed they will continue till September 20th.

alas gents,
    we have not succeeded in finding a way round the UK government rules re covid-19 and visitors from abroad.
    Although coming from an amber country and being fully vaccinated we still need to take a PCR test on day two of our stay in the UK. Test needs to be done by a government approved institute, not being the NHS, at a considerable cost. Test need to be planned and payed for before entering the UK.
    We have found it impossible to find a way to do this, Not even with the "assistance" of the UK Embassy in the Netherlands (just go to gov.co.uk and after some clicks you'll find the answer ...) or the ferry operator (same answer as given by the Embassy).
    So, in short ... the Dutch vic has aborted the mission.
    Wishing you all a lot of fun and we'll see you all in 2022, we hope ...

cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Arjan
    Sorties Flown

Sad, no 'Engelandvaarders' this year...

I am really sorry to hear this news Guus.
    I always enjoy your company at our Event.
    See you all next year one way or another I hope.
    Well done on the F1 result yesterday.

Rob.

Its an all UK event then this year

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    alas gents,
    we have not succeeded in finding a way round the UK government rules re covid-19 and visitors from abroad.
    Although coming from an amber country and being fully vaccinated we still need to take a PCR test on day two of our stay in the UK. Test needs to be done by a government approved institute, not being the NHS, at a considerable cost. Test need to be planned and payed for before entering the UK.
    We have found it impossible to find a way to do this, Not even with the "assistance" of the UK Embassy in the Netherlands (just go to gov.co.uk and after some clicks you'll find the answer ...) or the ferry operator (same answer as given by the Embassy).

cheers,
    Guus
    Really sorry to read this, Guus.
    It's always been great meeting like-minded players from other countries at these events.

I've had similar problems to yours when looking into a possible Prague visit this year; looks like we'll all just have to wait and see what next year brings.

In the meantime, here's hoping all our Dutch Wing comrades keep safe and well.

Hello,
    after conferencing with the dutch formation, there are to many question marks left for me, too.
    So I have to cancel my plans as well.
    But I hope to see you all in Prague next spring.

Cheers and horrido,
    Thomas

Default Doncaster 2021

alas gents,

cheers,
    Guus
    So sorry to see that you can not make it this year Guus. I always enjoy your company and will certainly miss the Dutch Squadron. See you in 2022.

Thanks Boris !!!
    Absolutely gutted Guus. It will be the first time we will find ourselves without any of our European friends. It’s a crying shame, but I totally understand.

Shame about that Guus. Not going to be the same without our Euro contingent.

Sorry te horen dat het zo moeilijk is en dat jullie niet kunnen komen. Wij zullen jullie missen. Tot volgend jaar Mike

Yep
    Thanks Boris !!!

I am coming to the Doncaster Con.

I have booked a hotel room in Doncaster for the nights of Friday 17th September and Saturday 18th September. I could not obtain one at the Premier Inn because it is full on those dates but I have booked at the Grand St Leger Hotel, which is not too far away.

Is there anything, which you would like me to bring in terms of equipment, please?

We have found it impossible to find a way to do this, ........
    A bit late I'm afraid but its not actually that difficult. I had to arrange this whilst I was in the US last week and it wasn't a problem

https://www.find-travel-test-provide...est-type/amber

A subject I am always loathe to mention is one of cost.
    At all of our previous events we have asked for Ł10 per person for the event (although we have waived that fee for those travelling from foreign climes). It was my intention to do the same this year. However with the possibility of a slight reduction in U.K. numbers this year it may be that we need to ask a little more (and by a little, I mean Ł2 or Ł3 extra). There are still a number of people who might be attending in addition to those I have had responses from, which might offset some of this. What with the uncertainty of actually having any sort of event at all we have not managed to hold the usual raffles and prize draws which have helped raise funds to offset some of the cost. I hope everyone understands...

Thank you

Are we doing the prize table? I have one or two items I can donate if we are

I have a few prizes which I am going to chip in although some may be second hand!

Rob.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. DONCASTER 2021
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 297
    Last Post: 09-26-2021, 04:46
  2. Hammerhead 2021
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-18-2021, 19:36
  3. 2021
    By Hedeby in forum Officer's Club