Ares Games

Thread: A couple of questions - points and ace cards

Default A couple of questions - points and ace cards

Hi all,

1) I wonder if there is a points system whereby you might agree on the number of points to spend on aircraft and ace skills to have the sides balanced, for example, x hundred points per side? In other words, is there a list of values for aircraft and skills?

2) I understand you can select ace skills for any pilot/observer/gunner. I am unsure why some of these are on the back of cards that picture specific pilots, e.g. Berthold - are these depicting the only skills that can be selected for him?

Also, am I correct in presuming the aircraft 'skills' are specific to that type of aircraft, e.g. double machine guns for an RE.8 observer? And, in relation to my first question, do these features also have a points value?

Thank you for reading.
    Cheers, Peter.

Pete,

The game is very flexible so the short answer is do what you want. Most here don't go in for points vs historical confrontations but it has certainly been done. Here's a thread from the designer
    Point system

The skills are listed in this tremendous FAQ
    Ace skills

For the card backs, certain skills appeared in airplane packs appropriate to that pilot but you can use them, or any skill, with any plane, and as you note, some make more sense than others to apply to various aircraft or situations.

Good luck!

If Ares ever gets around to releasing a "Campaign and Senario" pack, I expect there will be a pack of skill cards for all the available skills (at least at time of publication).

Ink-friendly copy of every current skill in the game:
    Name:  IMG_20201021_1407189.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  126.4 KB
    Note: There are some play-test skills in the above image that are campaign skills not currently published.

PS: A few custom WGF Equipment Cards: OldGuy59's WGF Equipment Cards Album
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 03-19-2021 at 08:01.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thanks very much, Chris, greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, Peter.
    ��

i think andrea did a point system for the then existing ace and crew skills along with his airplane point list. not sure what title its under though.

Cheers Phillip, see Chris’ post above for the link.
    Peter

Peter,

We have a few historical match ups but very often use a point system when picking out planes. The point system link above has points for abilities, but I don't know if it's current.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    Peter,

We have a few historical match ups but very often use a point system when picking out planes. The point system link above has points for abilities, but I don't know if it's current.
    Cheers Ken

Similar Missions

1. Questions from a beginner - models and manoeuvre deck cards
    By Malibumax in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-22-2014, 03:51
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 01:36
  3. couple of questions
    By va beach ace in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 13:38