Ares Games
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slay the Drachens - Play by PM Game - Finished

Fantastic flying, I can see the flames from my trench ...

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    At all I brought the rockets into target.
    The pyre is yours Sven, looks like you drew the tandem to it's doom too ! We shall avenge you...

"He is wise who watches"

Just waiting on one set of orders for Turn 5.

Oy! They are bringing it down on top of me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    Oy! They are bringing it down on top of me!!!
    A shame we won't see any action today from the look of it.
    Wake up at the back there!

Hmm pretty sure my turn 5 was first one in

All orders now received. Just played out the turn and am uploading photos. Will be posting shortly.

Fire continues to eat away at both balloons and Zenlizard’s Nieuport.

5.1 – Camelbeagle begins a new attack on the northern balloon and hammers bullets into it at close range. Flash sideslips and catches Malachi with a short burst. Malachi is busy shooting at Zenlizard’s burning Nieuport and sees his target break up and fall to earth. Stumptonian is still circling way above the action, as Sam Urai dives out from under the balloon straight into Teaticket’s gunsight.

5.2 – No one seems to be watching where they are going as Camelbeagle collides with the northern balloon and Malachi and Flash collide with each other. By the southern balloon, Teaticket dives and barely avoids colliding with Sam Urai! He has missed him though and so takes the opportunity to fire into the balloon once more. The balloon explodes and showers the surrounding aircraft with debris.

5.3 – Malachi slips right and shoots at Camelbeagle who is still trying to disentangle himself from the balloon as his aircraft's bracing wires snap and struts creak ominously. Sam Urai banks right and heads towards Flash. Flash is pursuing Stumptonian. Stumptonian meanwhile appears to be stalking Teaticket from above.

Bloody hell, it's getting a bit dangerous out here !
    Sorry Sam I couldn't stop him...

"He is wise who watches"

Hey, maybe with less airframe around me, the fire will be out that much sooner.

Yeouch! Two of our planes are down! At least one balloon is gone and the other burning. I can't believe Kamakazi Dan is still flying.

turn 6 in.

In a surprise turn of events, reinforcements have arrived.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterbomber.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	395.6 KB 
ID:	299105

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    turn 6 in.

In a surprise turn of events, reinforcements have arrived.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterbomber.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	395.6 KB 
ID:	299105
    Looks like you are nervous and wetting yourself.

If it will help put out that fire

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Yeouch! Two of our planes are down! At least one balloon is gone and the other burning. I can't believe Kamakazi Dan is still flying.
    For some reason I am having bad dreams about pylons and balloons! Lots of explosions with bits of airplanes falling from the sky! Wait! That is not a dream!

6 in. A few less things in the air to bump into.

6 in. A few less things in the air to bump into.
    If I keep bumping, I will be one of less things in the air!

Yes. One set of orders still to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Yes. One set of orders still to come in.
    Have i failed to send mine in?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    Have i failed to send mine in?
    Nothing received from you so far John

Nothing received from you so far John
    DOH! My sincere apologies everyone... i will get the turn ASAP!

OK - Turn 6 in...

A largely uneventful turn this time. The fire continues to burn on the northern balloon but with no noticeable effect.

6.1 – Camelbeagle finally escapes the grasp of the balloon cables. Teaticket and Flash begin turns towards the balloon whilst Sam Urai and Stumptonian follow from a distance. Malachi flies above the balloon and inspects the damage.

6.2 – Having completed his inspection, Malachi performs an Immelmann and heads back towards the action. Sam Urai climbs towards the onrushing Camelbeagle, whilst Stumptonian finally begins to descend from his lofty perch. Flash pumps a few more rounds into the balloon.

6.3 – Having overshot the balloon, Flash gets a quick burst into Malachi as he crosses his gunsights. Camelbeagle turns directly above Sam Urai, whose observer is too busy ducking to open fire. Stumptonian continues to pursue Teaticket as he heads for the balloon. Could this be his second balloon victory of the day?

Turn 7 submitted. Could get hairy again this turn.

Turn 7 in

Think this will hurt...

"He is wise who watches"

The fire continues to burn but is still having no noticeable effect. The balloon now has 27 Damage cards. (They don’t make them like that anymore!) How much longer can it last?

7.1 – Camelbeagle begins a Split-S but is caught by a burst of gunfire from Malachi and his badly abused aircraft breaks up before beginning its final dive. This is proving to be a costly mission for the Entente. Both pilots so recently trained on the rockets have been shot down. Flash has also caught Malachi, (although too late to save Camelbeagle), and pours bullets into him at close range. Sam Urai rushes to rescue his wingman and ensures that Flash takes rounds of his own. Stumptonian is still stalking Teaticket from above, but Teaticket has cunningly dived again and uses the space that he gained to put more bullets into the balloon.

7.2 – The Infantry decide to get involved and MG and Rifle fire arcs up towards Teaticket as he flies under the balloon. Stumptonian dives after Teaticket but is too far above and behind him. Malachi has given Flash the slip, as Flash climbs above Sam Urai.

7.3 –Silence descends on the area, save for the crackle of flames as our intrepid pilots cannot bring their guns to bear. Flash has turned to follow Malachi but needs to be wary as Sam Urai lurks menacingly behind the Morane. Teaticket has climbed and is now trying to use the balloon’s bulk to shield him from the relentless pursuit of Stumptonian.

Well, my career as a pinball has finally finished!

Fun game! Hope the finale is exciting!

Dan, you kept them busy while the balloon burns. Odds are not in our favor now!

Turn 8 submitted.

The fire continues to burn but is still having no noticeable effect. The balloon now has 27 Damage cards. (They don’t make them like that anymore!) How much longer can it last?
    What's this balloon made of, asbestos?

None of us are long for this world, Dan

turn 8 in

Dan, you should have collected enough balloon material to make a parachute so your decent to the ground should be slow and easy. Just don't collide with anything else!

What's this balloon made of, asbestos?
    I'm beginning to think it might be.

Unlucky Dan, you did your bit though and most of your own damage by the sound of it !

"He is wise who watches"

Dan, you should have collected enough balloon material to make a parachute so your decent to the ground should be slow and easy. Just don't collide with anything else!
    The plane may have went down in pieces, but I floated down like a butterfly!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Unlucky Dan, you did your bit though and most of your own damage by the sound of it !
    I was my own worst enemy this time!

...Odds are not in our favor now! ...
    We're surrounded by enemy ground and air units - we have have them just where we want them..
    The poor bastards !

"He is wise who watches"

My old man eyes are having trouble reading the altitude markers. :/

Putting turn 8 together now.

Balloon 28(?) damage cards, me 2, sounds fair.
    It's all up to you now Dave.

Balloon is hanging by a thread and on fire at Alt 3. I don't think there's any doubt of an Entente win. You can start your barrel rolls over the 'drome

With a loud bang the balloon finally succumbs to the flames and explodes. Debris flies in all directions and Teaticket’s Nieuport is shredded by the blast and begins a lazy spiral earthwards. (The balloon suffered a total of 29 Damage cards before destruction including 17 zeroes!)

The unfortunate Teaticket who having completely avoided the attentions of the defending aircraft and AA, was a little too close to both balloons when they exploded.

8.1 - Sam Urai turns in behind Flash but anticipating this Flash has climbed out of range. Stumptonian and Malachi are still lining up on the recently deceased Teaticket.

8.2 - The dance continues.

8.3 – With both balloons down is it time for Flash to run for home or should he take on the three Germans in a Voss-like manner? Allied losses mean that the scenario is currently a draw.

Ouch. Well, I probably didn't feel a thing!

Turn 9 in

The dance continues.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. AAR SND- International Skype Game - Slay the Leviathan - 8/9 June 2013
    By OldGuy59 in forum Saturday Night Dogfight
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 06:55
  2. Slay the Leviathan - Solo Trial
    By OldGuy59 in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 12:04
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 10:13
  4. Burning Drachens vs Fire from the Sky, which is better as 1st game.
    By Ocracoke in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 17:10
  5. Solo play with Burning Drachens
    By stevenh in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 09:26