Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight Club 07/'21 at Entoyment, Poole

Default Flight Club 07/'21 at Entoyment, Poole

Finally ...!

The fourth meeting of Flight Club is set to go ahead on Sunday 25th July 2021 at Entoyment Poole for some further WGF madness.

The regulars have already been notified but if you're a forum member that wants to come and join the fun get your name down & let me know via PM if you want attend.
    This is not an Entoyment event ie you cannot book a place via the shop. I will manage the table - Cost to cover the tables will be three quid a head on the day to be paid to flash on arrival please.

This is not a demo/participation like we'd usually put on at an event but a day for us to get into some more involved gaming and play some bigger, longer, WW1 scenario type games than we may usually get.

I will update an idea of content nearer the time but, as they usually go down well, there will be one hour dogfights in the mix and maybe an opportunity to fly something you don't have or don't use too often.

If anyone has a scenario they'd like to put on for this event please PM me.

For those not familiar with the location the address is:
    Entoyment, Unit 2, Fleetsbridge Business Centre, Poole BH17 7AF; opens at 10.00, take-off shortly after that, and we're usually spent by 17.00.
    They are able to provide hot food & plenty of tea; there is a Tesco store not far away if you want something different.
    They also sell WoG, SoG, BSG & Tripods!

If you'd like to see what you're in for here are the previous events:

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ntoyment-Poole

Attendees
    Me (flash)
    Andy T (Sauerkraut)
    Andy B (Scherlochnumber1)
    Rob (Rabscallion)
    Mike (Mikeemagnus)
    Simon (Thommo) tbc
    Lee (Gangleader147)
    Tim (Flying Helmut)
    Hobz (Yellow Peril)
    Iain (Chianti Raider)
    Neil (NeilCFord) tbc
    Barrie (Baz)
    Carl (Frag Thief) tbc
    Alex (Prodromoi) tbc
    Last edited by flash; 08-14-2021 at 03:03.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Sounds great, it’s in the calendar and keeping my fingers crossed.

So say we all !

Hi all,
    Looking forward to this immensely!
    Andy B

Fingers crossed this happens, looks great fun.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Finally ...!

The fourth meeting of Flight Club is set to go ahead on Sunday 25th July 2021 at Entoyment Poole for some further WGF madness.
    The first rule about Flight Club is you don't talk about Flight club
    Last edited by flash; 06-25-2022 at 09:43.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    The first rule about Flight Club is you don't talk about Flight club
    Nope, we voted on it and the first rule of Flight Club is: don't bring kids..
    Second rule is: don't talk about Flight club to someone that will bring kids..

Nope, we voted on it and the first rule of Flight Club is: don't bring kids..
    Second rule is: don't talk about Flight club to someone that will bring kids..

Much as I am enjoying the current crop of play by pm games, it will be great to get back to some face to face gaming. Flight Clubs are always great fun with top quality banter too. Have started work on a themed dogfight and a scenario for it. If only July wasn't so far away.

Having not flown for years - in fact I think it was still WoW then, it will be good to fly once again in person rather than by PM. Although thanks to the pilots who have organised and run the games, really kept my fuel fired!

Looking forward to my first ftf confrontation

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Looking forward to my first ftf confrontation
    Nothing like diving in at the deep end Barrie, your PM experience may stand you in good stead.

Should be easier, these are the usual table rules:
    No altitude.
    Immels & Split-S in play.
    EXP = Half start damage rounded up.
    Blind spots in play.
    Aim in play (+1 consec hits).
    No disruption.
    No tailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangleader147 View Post
    Having not flown for years - in fact I think it was still WoW then, it will be good to fly once again in person rather than by PM...
    All being well we're getting together for the weekly meet at Entoyment from Wed 19th May, Lee.

Nothing like diving in at the deep end Barrie, your PM experience may stand you in good stead.

Should be easier, these are the usual table rules:
    No altitude.
    Immels & Split-S in play.
    EXP = Half start damage rounded up.
    Blind spots in play.
    Aim in play (+1 consec hits).
    No disruption.
    No tailing.

Looks like selecting a later date might pay off with the 4 week extension to restrictions potentially ending July 19th (fingers crossed).

Indeed Dave. Here's hoping the 25th July is still on!!!!!

Yes, really hope so...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Following the PM's announcement today it looks like restrictions will be lifted on the 19th so we have a green light for Flight Club on the 25th. Tally Ho !

Hope you all have a good time!

I’m hoping to do my OTT mission 2 that weekend which will be after a pretty grim week of work.

Edward

As well as my previous commitments I am now on call that day, so I maybe able to grace you with my presence but won’t manage the full shindig, sorry.

Yes - Result

It'll be good to meet you Lee

Looking forward to it

Thanks Rob !

Four days until the carnage begins !

I have 10 confirmed attendees so far, there may be a few more than that on the day.
    Looks like the temperatures will be down to normal for the time of year, according to the forecast, so, a balmy 21C rather than the oven like 30C+ we've had of late and a prospect of rain too. Summer's here at last !

I'm told we're the only event on the Sunday and that's normally a quieter day for gamers in general which will help getting brews & food.
    Look forward to seeing the chaps again.

Goody goody goody goody!

If the temperature is 21-ish, as you say, I might do the "hotel" thing Saturday night, to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Goody goody goody goody!

If the temperature is 21-ish, as you say, I might do the "hotel" thing Saturday night, to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the get-go.
    Nice, Mike is staying at 'Hanger 33', if only we had another bedroom !

Four days until the carnage begins !

I have 10 confirmed attendees so far, there may be a few more than that on the day.
    Looks like the temperatures will be down to normal for the time of year, according to the forecast, so, a balmy 21C rather than the oven like 30C+ we've had of late and a prospect of rain too. Summer's here at last !

I'm told we're the only event on the Sunday and that's normally a quieter day for gamers in general which will help getting brews & food.
    Look forward to seeing the chaps again.
    Looking forward to it, will be driving down on the morning
    Last edited by Baz; 07-21-2021 at 10:01. Reason: Misplaced message

Good evening gang, sorry I was awol and missed the scramble. After being out on call most of the night I was hanging, then walked the pooch and a nap, I wasn’t much use.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangleader147 View Post
    ...I wasn’t much use.
    Tempting, so tempting...
    You were missed Lee and not the only one brought down at the last knocking by 'real life flak'
    Big thanks to all who made it along, great fun, as always, plenty of banter with faces old and new; great to meet Barrie (Baz) who came all the way from Essex to join the fray for his first face to face game ever and was not as unlucky as we thought - that was my wheel house today ! I'm sure many if you will get to meet him once the shows start to roll again.
    Good to see you all, hope you all got home safely with your swag from Tim. I will write up a summary in the next few days. Cheers Dave

Well, that was JUST the tonic I needed!

Great fun games, great banter, great to meet Barry for the first time, and great to sell every single miniature I took along, both "reserved" and "ooh, don't suppose you have any..."".
    Even the road trip down from London and back was good - the crappy weather kept all the beach bunnies off the motorway!

Many thanks to Dave for organising, and to Pete & co for hosting.

When's the next one?

I agree with the sentiments posted here, a great fun day thanks to Dave and the other players, some regulars, Hobz, Iain and Andy, some not so regular, Mike and Tim and a first timer, nice to meet you Baz!
    Thanks to Tim for my acquisitions. Look forward to seeing you all at the next gathering!

A fantastic day's gaming and a chance to forget about real world worries, just what I needed. It was great to see the regulars, Dave, Andy B, Hobz, Iain , Tim and Mike. Great to meet you too Baz, nice to be able to match a face to one of the Play by PM regulars. Huge thank you to Dave for organising the whole shebang, (Rep gun jammed I'm afraid, although that seems oddly fitting after today's games), and look forward to seeing you all at the next one.

Just got home, so to echo everything said above, great to meet you all. Had some great games, made some basic mistakes, got my first kill ( with help from Hobz), and it was a big one too! Finally bought some planes that will come in useful even though I didn’t know I wanted them, thanks Tim. A special thanks to Dave for organising and allowing me to join in.

Look forward to meeting you all again, drive was worth it.

“Lucky” Baz
    Last edited by Baz; 07-25-2021 at 15:50.

Morning all. That was such a fine event. As others have said already, the company was great, the games were a lot of fun and wasn't it just so damned good to be back into something resembling normality again Big heartfealt thanks to Dave for organising and to both he and Jacquie for hosting me at "Hangar 33". That was so kind, given my booked accommodation let me down rather late in the day - (Very impressive man shed Dave ). Thanks too to Pete and the gang at Entoyment - boy what an Aladin's cave that place is

Here's to the next one I can attend and a special mention of Baz - that was some trip you made from Essex. Good to meet you at last; and thanks to Tim for providing his goodies, although he point blank refuses to let me have any of his Albatros DIIs. Can't imagine why not But he did bring along the results of his research into the accuracy of the "Aviation Wings" decal sheets. Very thorough and really helpful that, Tim. Many thanks indeed.
    Chau for now,
    Mike

Default Here's The Action !

We gathered at Entoyment in a timely manner, sadly we lost two chaps to 'real life flak' at the last moment and Andy (Sauerkraut) was delayed but thankfully managed to get in just after we'd set off, so we only had eight on the day.
    The combatants were:
    Me (flash)
    Andy T (Sauerkraut)
    Andy B (Scherlochnumber1)
    Hobz (Yellow Peril)
    Iain (Chianti Raider)
    Mike (Mikeemagnus)
    Tim (Flying Helmut)
    Barrie (Baz)

Things of note for the viewer:
    We play without altitude (unless stated otherwise), re-spawns, or, tailing.
    We play with Split-S, blind spots, Aim and the boom card is half starting damage rounded up.

As Andy hadn't shown we put some of Tim's recently completed paintjobs up for a blooding in our first one hour dogfight, namely Jasta 2 Albatros D.II's vs 25 Sqn DH.2's

We faced off across a pair of the mats, playing the first three cards to get things moving. Mike, much to our amusement, immediately proved to us all that it has been a while, by mistakenly playing straight, straight, Immel..... he played it out though.
    That's Tim turning toward him, for a closer look as he couldn't believe what he was seeing !
    Name:  SAM_2943.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  214.4 KB

25 Sqn advances line abreast, left to right : Hobz, me, Andy B & Iain.
    Baz trails smoke and his gun is jammed after exchanges with Andy & Iain. He's followed by Andy T.
    Name:  SAM_2944.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  218.5 KB

A very near miss as Iain & Andy T pass each other, in the background I narrowly avoid Andy B, just turning behind him as he stalled in front of me.
    Name:  SAM_2945.JPG
Views: 285
Size:  202.4 KB

Iain is not so lucky in the next move as he and Andy B turn into the same airspace.. Crunch !
    Andy B - o.g. !!
    Name:  SAM_2947.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  198.5 KB

I wander into troubles as AndyT (right) & Tim catch me in a crossfire ending with a flurry of +1's
    Kill to AndyT
    Name:  SAM_2948.JPG
Views: 284
Size:  211.3 KB

A glimpse of the chaps
    Hobz, Mike, Tim, Baz. Ian's ducked out of sight, Andy B taking a damage card, Andy T.
    Name:  SAM_2950.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  199.0 KB

Andy B feels lonely as Tim, Andy T & Baz swarm behind him
    Name:  SAM_2951.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  200.9 KB

He Immels and charges his foe Lewis gun chattering...
    Name:  SAM_2953.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  217.5 KB

He was happy he overlapped them both until he saw Tim looming into view, Spandau's blazin' - 4 smk finished the job - kill to Tim.
    Name:  SAM_2955.JPG
Views: 282
Size:  208.0 KB

Meantime Mike and Hobz have been having their own scrap on the other flank - for some reason even he couldn't explain, Hobz turned his back on Mike, just as he immelled ...
    Name:  SAM_2952.JPG
Views: 292
Size:  191.9 KB

The result had an inevitability about it... shot.. close range shot at +1
    First card 0 ... second card, Oh...
    Name:  SAM_2956.JPG
Views: 264
Size:  168.0 KB
    Kill to Mike
    Name:  SAM_2957.JPG
Views: 279
Size:  209.7 KB

Total 4-0 German victory with 5 mins to spare !

Next game was scenario driven and provided by Andy T. He took us to the Italian front on a strafing mission using four Ufag C.I's against MG & infantry positions opposed by a pair of Macchi M.3 & pair of Hanriot HD.1's.
    Altitude was used on this occasion.
    The light green positions are A firing - arc only, the darker (WoG) positions are B with infantry firing 360.

I have the grey Ufag at Alt 2/4climb with Andy B to my right at Alt 3/0 climb as we set off for the targets you can see to our front. Andy & Tim are off to our left

I open up, laying down a beautiful strafe with a solid hit - incoming MG was negligible but the infantry from ahead scored a wound and hit my gunner knocking him out.
    Name:  SAM_2959.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  184.8 KB

I cannot finish off the first position and score a goose egg on the second, return fire then wounds my pilot !
    Name:  SAM_2960.JPG
Views: 273
Size:  195.2 KB

The Hanriot's arrive ! Hobz's exchanges with AndyB leave him with both guns jammed and the air turns blue for a moment ! Iain, not used to altitude games passes but to high to interfere. he'll get the hang of it !
    Name:  SAM_2961.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  208.2 KB

Meanwhile, on the other flank, AndyT, backed up by Tim get to work on the gun pos on that side as the Macchi's piloted by Mike in the white & Baz in the green roar in to meet them
    Name:  SAM_2962.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  199.3 KB

I move across the positions strafing as I go, ending the hash of the end one set up by AndyT & Tim, hoping they'll get to return the favour for those I left behind as Andyb has to clear his guns. Baz, already trailing flame courtesy of the other pair, heaves a sigh of relief as I stick to my brief ! Tim heads for the second line in the background - rudder jam perhaps ? 1 Ground target kill
    Name:  SAM_2963.JPG
Views: 254
Size:  212.1 KB

AndyT spreads the love as he runs behind the guns and takes out my first target 1 Ground target kill
    Name:  SAM_2964.JPG
Size:  208.7 KB

As Mike looks on he cannot prevent Tim taking out the end position of the second row 1 Ground target kill
    Name:  SAM_2965.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  200.4 KB

Call it loss of blood, I misjudge my moves and my Ufag sails off the board edge much to Mike's delight.
    Set afire by Iain at the beginning of this turn I draw the cards - bugger !
    Kill to Iain
    Name:  SAM_2966.JPG
Size:  213.5 KB

Tim, now also afire, takes out the other end of the second row. 2nd Ground target kill
    Name:  SAM_2967.JPG
Size:  199.6 KB

Andy T swings back along the front row and takes out the next b gun with some style 2nd Ground target kill
    Name:  SAM_2968.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  199.3 KB

Whilst fending off the attentions of Hobz, Andy B, now at level 1, picks up the spare ! 1 Ground target kill
    Name:  SAM_2969.JPG
Size:  210.8 KB

Andy B does draw some attention from his fellow wingmen as the Italians go for him - smoke turns to fire; he dodges past Baz, under Iain and drops Mike as he passes Kill to AndyB
    Name:  SAM_2970.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  206.7 KB

Then the MG finds him ! DakaDaka.. Kill to the ground gunner.
    Name:  SAM_2971.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  214.0 KB

Tim at level 1, takes on a gun head on - it jams and he closes to silence it with AnyT arriving to back him up -
    3rd Ground target kill
    Name:  SAM_2972.JPG
Size:  215.0 KB

Swerving right, AndyT finishes off the last gun pos for his 3rd Ground target kill
    Name:  SAM_2973.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  206.5 KB

Already over running and with lunchtime pressing we called it there.

Austro objectives fully achieved at an acceptable cost gives them the victory. Well done to those that survived !

After the nose bag the next game was another scenario type involving HP O/400's pushing through a load of Fokkers to strike into the heart of the industrial map. The hope was to land some hits into the industrial zone and/or rail head then exit off the end of that mat. Well that was the plan !
    To facilitate this game Andyb & Iain ran a pair of HP's, each had one RAF & one RNAS. AndyB led the way. Facing them the rest of us piloting Tim's excellent Jasta 18 Fokker D.VII's. It would be a big ask.

Having already peppered AnyB's RAF HP I get caught by both his gunners as he turns away Andy T follows me in
    Name:  SAM_2975.JPG
Size:  227.4 KB

Tracers stitch the sky as the lead flies as the Fokkers get stuck in. Tim is on the left Mike is just out of frame
    Name:  SAM_2976.JPG
Views: 273
Size:  213.7 KB

We think Baz was testing the controls and judging where he was going to jump in !
    Name:  SAM_2977.JPG
Size:  217.5 KB

I don't get out of Iain's way and get knocked out the sky by a collision (10) My card is under his base if you look for it. AndyT has a similar problem but survives - meantime bullets fly in the background on the other side.
    Kill to Iain (col)
    Name:  SAM_2978.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  221.0 KB

Tim slips behind Iain's RNAS HP, Baz hit's it head on and Hobz slips past trailing fire. Somehow Mike collided with the beast and is swatted out the sky- you can only see the cards from this shot.
    Name:  SAM_2980.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  189.5 KB

Hobz rounds on his enemy and with a well aimed burst sets it on fire as Baz passes down it's flank.
    Name:  SAM_2981.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  191.5 KB

The Fokker's make best use of the blind spots - Andy T gets out from under, front left; Tim slides behind Iain's RNAS kite to the right as Baz & Hobz harass Iain's RAF HP
    Name:  SAM_2982.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  222.7 KB

AndyT succumbs to the continuous fusillade from two gunners but manages to set AnyB aflame as he goes
    Kill to AndyB
    Name:  SAM_2984.JPG
Size:  214.4 KB

Moments later Hobz falls away trailing flame & smoke. Kill to Iain
    Name:  SAM_2985.JPG
Size:  214.6 KB

And then there were two !
    Name:  SAM_2986.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  211.9 KB

They press home their attack pouring lead into the giants - then the fire finishes Iain's RAF HP
    Kill to Baz (with help of Hobz's fire)
    Name:  SAM_2989.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  224.4 KB

Tim clears his guns and light's up Iain's remaining HP just after he released his eggs. The 5+1 did the job !
    Victory is tinged with a little regret as Baz is taken out by Iain's front gunner.
    AndyB's machines run for home - His bomb strikes can be seen below the tail of his RAF with iain's approaching fast.
    Kill to Tim & Kill 2 to Iain
    Name:  SAM_2993.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  233.9 KB

Their grouping is impressive but the accuracy less so, much to the amusement of the Germans. They think they lost a boat shed and the pedalo's will never be the same; apparently river fishing became mush easier and there was some talk of missing rabbits ?!
    Name:  SAM_2994.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  213.1 KB

Tim would have been unable to catch the remaining bombers before they left the area so we called it there as time was running short.
    The Raven's were much ravaged, maybe they had bitten off more than the should but they caused 50% losses on the Tommy and put them off their targets thereby saving the city, it's vital railhead and industrial centre, if not the petting zoo.
    More bombing practice required !

Our final outing of the day was the second one hour dogfight provided by Andy - a high speed encounter between SPAD XIII & Albatros D.Va's in a simple face off.

We got stuck in quickly - the SPAD's dashing across the gap, soon the guns began to crackle.
    After the first move AndyT who was flying rickenbacker's SPAD handed it over to a passing newcomer John.
    I merged with Baz momentarily, as I staggered away from the collision Hobz (Jentsch) nipped in and took me out. Iain was pleased as Hobz went for the close range burst on me rather than the +1 shot on him.
    Kill to Hobz
    Name:  SAM_2995.JPG
Size:  221.9 KB

Iain didn't last much longer as Hobz set about him too ! Kill to Hobz
    Baz, aflame from our earlier encounter, is also taken out by John. Kill to John
    Mike (Weber) is on John's case, AndyB hoves into view in Fonck's SPAD and gives Hobz a squirt .
    Name:  SAM_2996.JPG
Views: 249
Size:  233.3 KB

Tim circles back to the fight (Udet) as he works on his jam. Mike overlaps AndyB as he chases after Hobz who he wounded last move, peppering his tail again
    Name:  SAM_2997.JPG
Size:  214.6 KB

Mike Immels and gets on John, Hobz has shaken off AndyB who has jammed his guns. Worryingly Tim has his back to the two SPADs.
    Name:  SAM_2998.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  220.7 KB

I missed a bit here as they chased around the mulberry bush.
    AndyB has picked up a wound and sets off to chase Mike down, John jams his guns shooting up Hobz, as Tim heads in to cover his wing man.
    Name:  SAM_2999.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  209.8 KB

Hobz is thankful that John is jammed - so is Tim as he hands out a close range burst as he passes
    Name:  SAM_3000.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  217.4 KB

AndyB falls into Mikes trap and is taken out when he Immels back on him . Kill for Mike
    Name:  SAM_3001.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  211.4 KB

And then there was one - the newcomer ! The dastardly Hun's gang up on him and chase him down as he has engine damage. They were all in range but Hobz gets there first and takes the impudent Englander down !
    Kill to Hobz
    Name:  SAM_3002.JPG
Views: 239
Size:  214.2 KB

A clear win for the German's again and within the hour to

Tale of the tape:
    Me (flash): 1 Ground target
    Andy T (Sauerkraut): 3 Ground targets; 1 kill
    Andy B (Scherlochnumber1): 1 Own Goal (col); 1 Ground target, 2 kills
    Hobz (Yellow Peril): 3 kills
    Iain (Chianti Raider): 4 kills (1 by col)
    Mike (Mikeemagnus): 2 kills
    Tim (Flying Helmut): 3 Ground targets; 2 kills
    Barrie (Baz): 1 kill (HP)
    John: 1 kill

Beware the Chianti Raider, most kills overall but the Yellow Peril got 3 in a dogfight game with a scout so well done both you chaps

I made it home in time to order the Gurkha ruby and celebrate the rest of my 34th wedding anniversary with senior management. Knew she was a keeper ! Cheers chaps

Next one might be October we think.
    Last edited by flash; 07-28-2021 at 00:53.

Many thanks for the AAR's, Dave.

Have a shot of Rep rather than bullets!

Great AARs, as usual, Dave.
    I am amazed you can get so many photos (and keep track of 'oo gets 'oo) and still play the game.

Lovely to see Herr Helmut's beautiful Jasta 18 Ravens in action again, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    ..I am amazed you can get so many photos (and keep track of 'oo gets 'oo) and still play the game...
    Getting shot down first & not getting any myself helped a lot Pete !
    When I got home I thought I hadn't taken many pics but when I checked I had 60+ to sort through & I still missed a load of action.

Hope to add my photos in the next couple of days.

An excellent account of the action Dave.
    thanks for posting this.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    An excellent account of the action Dave, thanks for posting this. Rob.
    Just keeping the British end up sir !

That is one serious AAR Dave, thank you for posting... god I wish there was somewhere like Entoyment in the North !!
    Very jealous.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Well, if you ever get to the Tank Museum & time your visit right..

The view from the opposite side of the table...

Game #1

Name:  Flight Club IV (20).jpg
Views: 174
Size:  187.7 KB
    Mike does the Hokey-Cokey, and turns around...!

Name:  Flight Club IV (21).jpg
Views: 152
Size:  215.4 KB
    ...leaving him far from the action of the first clashes.

Name:  Flight Club IV (25).jpg
Views: 170
Size:  193.9 KB
    We Germans have jam difficulties, whilst 24 Squadron have directional difficulties!

Name:  Flight Club IV (26).jpg
Views: 168
Size:  363.9 KB
    The eight combatants

Name:  Flight Club IV (28).jpg
Views: 172
Size:  228.3 KB
    Make that seven!

Name:  Flight Club IV (29).jpg
Views: 172
Size:  168.3 KB
    Andy T chases Flash, and I arc in to try to pinch the possible kill

Name:  Flight Club IV (30).jpg
Views: 173
Size:  225.6 KB
    but Andy won't be denied - Flash succumbs to a hail of bullets (10 damage including +1s)

Name:  Flight Club IV (33).jpg
Views: 171
Size:  252.9 KB
    "Hawker", in a turning fight with an Albatros from Jasta 2? Surely not!

Name:  Flight Club IV (34).jpg
Views: 145
Size:  183.2 KB
    No, he really is! History repeating itself (almost)

Name:  Flight Club IV (35).jpg
Views: 173
Size:  298.6 KB
    The turning fight opens up, leaving the DH2 surrounded

Name:  Flight Club IV (36).jpg
Views: 166
Size:  255.8 KB
    With the help of an overlap, and a German gun jam, "Hawker" breaks out of the trap

Name:  Flight Club IV (37).jpg
Size:  306.4 KB
    He passes the last German

Name:  Flight Club IV (38).jpg
Views: 163
Size:  228.6 KB
    and has a clear run home

Name:  Flight Club IV (39).jpg
Views: 177
Size:  195.5 KB
    But that's not how we do things at "Flight Club"!

Name:  Flight Club IV (40).jpg
Views: 180
Size:  206.3 KB
    'Gauntlet' time!

Name:  Flight Club IV (42).jpg
Views: 164
Size:  221.1 KB
    Close, but no cigar (though he IS smoking now!)

Name:  Flight Club IV (43).jpg
Views: 162
Size:  202.5 KB
    Meanwhile, Hobz is duelling Mike

Name:  Flight Club IV (44).jpg
Views: 175
Size:  103.6 KB
    and while Hobz poses for his new passport photo...

Name:  Flight Club IV (45).jpg
Views: 171
Size:  230.5 KB
    ...Mike guns him down.

Jasta 2 - 4 kills, 24 Squadron - Nil

Game #2

Name:  Flight Club IV (46).jpg
Views: 169
Size:  255.3 KB
    Me, in the yellow/green Ufag, deftly overlapping both of the intercepting Italians, whilst my observer rakes the ground target.

Name:  Flight Club IV (47).jpg
Views: 176
Size:  238.8 KB
    Plenty of hot action over this target

Name:  Flight Club IV (48).jpg
Views: 156
Size:  304.9 KB
    so I scoot off to the second defence line.

It was not the result of a rudder jam - I had always intended to head straight for the reverse edge of the second line of ground targets, some of which cannot shoot to the rear...makes destroying them much less dangerous!

Name:  Flight Club IV (50).jpg
Size:  207.8 KB
    Case in point - this rifle unit only fired at me once, and I got in 4 shots at it!
    The flying boat is too high to hit me.

Name:  Flight Club IV (51).jpg
Views: 167
Size:  194.3 KB
    Passing behind the two centre ground targets, I was set afire by one of them (360 fire arc!) but the last target in the line has no rear arc, so I swatted it just as I had the one at the other end of the line.

Name:  Flight Club IV (52).jpg
Size:  308.6 KB
    Swinging right around, I then took on the second in line, and its MG jammed - heading straight at it, a close range burst gave me my 3rd ground target "kill"

Name:  Flight Club IV (53).jpg
Size:  228.9 KB
    The total damage received by my Ufag - none from enemy aircraft, and only a single hit from ground rifle fire, which caused a fire!
    Evading the interceptors, and engaging ground targets from behind, paid off.

I only took sporadic photos of this fight, since time was running on and stomachs were audibly rumbling!

Result - all eight ground targets were destroyed, and two of the four interceptors were shot down, for the loss of just two Ufags
    Austrian victory!

Game #3

Handley-Page Hell!

4 HP 0/400s against just 6 Jasta 18 Fokker D.VIIs

Name:  Flight Club IV (54).jpg
Size:  304.7 KB
    The six brave 'Ravens' try to avoid tackling the monsters head-on

Name:  Flight Club IV (55).jpg
Views: 148
Size:  306.7 KB
    instead, flying around them, and trying to catch them in a pincer movement

Name:  Flight Club IV (56).jpg
Views: 193
Size:  312.2 KB
    which is not entirely unsuccessful

Name:  Flight Club IV (1).jpg
Size:  308.5 KB
    My sweep around to the rear works in my favour, dishing out more shots than I receive (owing to my wingmen presenting more tempting targets!) until I take a crippling rudder hit; No Right Turns!

I now can't follow my plan of sideslipping and turning right, into the blind spot, and stalking a bomber.
    I also can't afford to turn or sideslip to the left - these fast bombers will leave me behind, and I won't be able to catch up to them.
    We're not playing with Altitude, so I can't dive out of trouble...

I have no choice but to fly straight across the rear of their formation, alternating Stalls and Straights in an attempt to jump from one blind spot to the next!

Name:  Flight Club IV (2).jpg
Views: 144
Size:  270.2 KB
    Hey, Presto!
    It's working!

Name:  Flight Club IV (4).jpg
Size:  213.3 KB
    Then tragedy overtakes two of my wingmen

Name:  Flight Club IV (5).jpg
Size:  223.4 KB
    Rudder jam cleared, and only light damage taken, I resume my pursuit

Name:  Flight Club IV (6).jpg
Views: 157
Size:  336.5 KB
    but Ravens continue to fall...

Name:  Flight Club IV (7).jpg
Views: 152
Size:  236.6 KB
    ...one after another.

(that collision delivered 10 damage to one D.VII, and 6 damage to the other! )

Name:  Flight Club IV (9).jpg
Size:  326.8 KB
    My last surviving wingman finally claws one of the beasts from the skies (fire damage from an earlier hit)

Name:  Flight Club IV (10).jpg
Views: 160
Size:  199.6 KB
    but he is exposed to a murderous crossfire, which eliminates him also

Name:  Flight Club IV (11).jpg
Views: 149
Size:  180.9 KB
    After clearing my gun jam, I finally take down another one of the bombers

Name:  Flight Club IV (12).jpg
Views: 150
Size:  214.3 KB
    but the others have all released their bombs, and are too far ahead to catch before they exit the map

Name:  Flight Club IV (13).jpg
Size:  151.9 KB
    My damage - sole survivor of this Jasta 18 kette

Difficult to call this one - the HPs won the air battle, but fouled up the bombing!

Game #4

No brakes! (and no sharp turns!)

4 SPAD XIII vs 4 Albatros D.Va

Name:  Flight Club IV (14).jpg
Views: 145
Size:  276.7 KB
    No time wasted in closing with these super-quick SPADs!

Name:  Flight Club IV (15).jpg
Views: 144
Size:  244.1 KB
    And no time wasted finding the high value damage cards!

Name:  Flight Club IV (16).jpg
Views: 154
Size:  240.8 KB
    A short pause for thought...

Name:  Flight Club IV (18).jpg
Views: 155
Size:  180.1 KB
    and a real kicking for one poor SPAD...

Name:  Flight Club IV (19).jpg
Views: 147
Size:  124.0 KB
    ...is still only JUST enough!

Another German victory!

An excellent day's gaming, well worth waiting for (but let's not wait quite so long for the next one, eh?)

Some seriously hard-hitting collision cards, and bullets flying everywhere!

I didn't get shot down even once (a rare result) except by some of the banter - always welcome!

See you chaps again - soon, I hope.
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 08-09-2021 at 14:29.

Game 4 photos not showing Tim - The rest are great. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Resupply at Entoyment
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-18-2020, 12:25
  2. Flight Club - 02/'20 at Entoyment, Poole
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-24-2020, 06:31
  3. Flight Club - 12/19 at Entoyment, Poole