Ares Games

Thread: Two clarification about rules

Users Country Flag

Name
    Vladimir
    Sorties Flown

Default Two clarification about rules

Please help newbie about rules,
    1. If I have two or more airplanes in firing arc can I shoot at all planes or just closest?
    2. Playing with minis, and two planes overlap with bases, we play with basic rules so we are at same altitude, what happens?
    Thanks for your help

1. You can only shoot at 1 target plane in your gun's firing arc. It is your choice who you fire at.

2. If you play with collisions without altitude, if bases over lap each plane would take a 'C' damage card.

Most find there are too many collisions and play the peg has to overlap a base to cause a collision. I think even this causes more collisions than I like so I use the collision cards found in the files. Basically if a peg overlaps a base there is a 1/3 chance of a collision.

It's your game so play it how you feel comfortable.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Vladimir
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    1. You can only shoot at 1 target plane in your gun's firing arc. It is your choice who you fire at.

2. If you play with collisions without altitude, if bases over lap each plane would take a 'C' damage card.

Most find there are too many collisions and play the peg has to overlap a base to cause a collision. I think even this causes more collisions than I like so I use the collision cards found in the files. Basically if a peg overlaps a base there is a 1/3 chance of a collision.

It's your game so play it how you feel comfortable.
    Thanks for quick response, one more thing, what happens with planes, meaning, it's very hard to play next maneuver card without moving their bases.
    Now when I think about easiest way is to switch minis with theirs representative cards until they are split again?

You got it, Vladimir, use the plane cards whenever needed to resolve positions.

Similar Missions

1. Bombing Rules Clarification for Fighters
    By Woof in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2019, 17:14
  2. Ace rules clarification
    By JanW in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2019, 15:49
  3. Rules clarification
    By DGH in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 16