Ares Games

Thread: Dogfights ambient music

Users Country Flag

Name
    Vladimir
    Sorties Flown

Default Dogfights ambient music

Hello comrades,
    Did anyone try to made some compilation of aircraft engine, machine gun bursts and music in background for game?

I don't know of any home-made compilations, but I have been known to play Battle of Britain games with the "Battle of Britain" movie soundtrack playing in the background.

Beyond WWII, I have similarly played WGF to the accompaniment of "The Blue Max" movie soundtrack.

When I used to play 'Full Thrust' space battles, I had a key fob with a dozen "Star Trek" sound effects on it - the 'Phaser' and 'Photon Torpedo' buttons got a lot of use!
    Perhaps I should try it for BSG...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Vladimir
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I don't know of any home-made compilations, but I have been known to play Battle of Britain games with the "Battle of Britain" movie soundtrack playing in the background.

Beyond WWII, I have similarly played WGF to the accompaniment of "The Blue Max" movie soundtrack.

When I used to play 'Full Thrust' space battles, I had a key fob with a dozen "Star Trek" sound effects on it - the 'Phaser' and 'Photon Torpedo' buttons got a lot of use!
    Thx for sharing your experience

I have a war time sound effects disk that my mate burned for me, they are all short tracks of a few seconds ranging from aircraft to ships to tanks & infantry; gunfire and explosions of all sorts. We used to play it on random repeat in the background when gaming - it was funny how often the sound effect coincided with what was happening on the table !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I know a number of miniature gamers that add sound effects and sound tracks to their games.
    RPGers do as well.
    My only (recent) addition was a game of TANKS out with CappyTom and Randy; I was rounding their flank with 3 Pzkw.IV Gs against thier shermans, and called up
    O Foturna for my "charge"

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

This!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Darn. I can't find the sound effects fob I want, online. And there needs to be three, or four, fobs, for the different games I play.

I can find all sorts of sound effects files, though...

Light bulb! Android app! With three to four sections for specific game themes: WW1; WW2; Tripods; BSG. Oh! Oh! And Sails, too!

This app would be much easier to do, than a solo BSG AI app.

So, theme music files could be added, and things like short and long bursts of machinegun fire, rapid-fire cannons, bullets impacting wood/metal, a Boom, crashes, rinse and repeat for the different games. Don't know what to do for the Black Smoke. Perhaps a gas grenade going off?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

War Thunder Music Full Soundtrack : Excellent !

+

Four Noisy WW1 Fighter Aircraft Sopwith Camel, Nieuport 11, Fokker Dr.1 and a Fokker D.VII

Try to start the two YouTUBE links including the one above at the same time , you will see the mix is surprising !

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    This!

we did the same thing back in the day when playing star fleet battles lol!

sabaton makes some very appropriate music!

Similar Missions

1. Classroom Dogfights
    By Sabrejimmy in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-12-2019, 10:19
  2. Two Series 8 Dogfights vs Son#1
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 03:47
  3. Do you use two-Seaters for dogfights?
    By Marechallannes in forum Polls
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 15:06
  4. National: Dogfights over Pasadena CA
    By Von Hinnebusch in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 09:50