Ares Games
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: ‘Over the Briny’ Aerodrome hosted game.

Great shot Andy, just in arc is just enough !
    Unlucky with the rudder damage Chris, it really cut your options down; I was looking forward to the chase to the end, darn my shooting !
    I'll get the beers in while you deal with the fourth one comrades..

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    With this game drawing to a close if there are no other volunteers to run the next one, I have a 1916 Balloon busting scenario ready to go. I'll post details after the conclusion of the action in the Adriatic.
    Sounds good, put me down, although I have played in last 3 PM games so if it is oversubscribed then give someone else a slot and put me down as a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Great shot Andy, just in arc is just enough !
    Unlucky with the rudder damage Chris, it really cut your options down; I was looking forward to the chase to the end, darn you Hans !
    I'll get the beers in while you deal with the fourth one comrades..
    Yes well done all comrades, and spare a thought for fallen friends as you take a swig.

Ooooooh, balloon strafe! I'm always interested in a balloon strafe!

Turn 13 in ..... a very lonely turn.

With this game drawing to a close if there are no other volunteers to run the next one, I have a 1916 Balloon busting scenario ready to go. I'll post details after the conclusion of the action in the Adriatic.
    Very interested, however, like others I’ve been in the last few so happy to go on the reserves bench in case of a space.

Hang in there Gangleader!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    Hang in there Gangleader!
    I prefer flying over hanging

Does he be insane/brave and go for two kills, or go home to fight another day!

Over the Briny - Turn 13

Sauerkraut starts to turn for home as well as Karo7.

But, Gangleader147 has not yet quite had enough and chargers in on Karo7 from above.
    Shots are traded as Sauerkraut looks on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	298752

Sauerkraut dives to the deck and Karo7 continues his turn towards home, ignoring the last Macchi.

Gangleader147 Immelmanns and breaks off.

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	298753

Name:	DSC_0003.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	298754

Final turn 13 positions

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	298755

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	298756

By the looks of it the battle is over. If you want to play the last 2 turns we can do it but I see only a chance at a shot or two at an altitude difference at best.

The fishing boat picks up everyone but Malachi since he is the only one to have shot at it. Malachi pieces together the three downed Macchis and gets to fly home later in the evening.
    When he gets home his spaghettis is cold.

Blind Hans was only blind in one eye. His good eye shot at zenlizard inflicting 8 points of damage while his blind eye was used to shoot at Malachi, inflicting 2.

Sauerkraut scored a hat trick downing all three of the Italians.

Camelbeagle scored the only kill for the Italians.

The Austrians have won the victory. They achieved their objective of bringing home the documents from the spy on the fishing boat.

I'm sure you'll get a full roster of pilots. If there is room I would like to join in.

Add me to the list of available pilots! Sounds Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    By the looks of it the battle is over. If you want to play the last 2 turns we can do it but I see only a chance at a shot or two at an altitude difference at best.

The fishing boat picks up everyone but Malachi since he is the only one to have shot at it. Malachi pieces together the three downed Macchis and gets to fly home later in the evening.

Blind Hans was only blind in one eye. His good eye shot at zenlizard inflicting 8 points of damage while his blind eye was used to shoot at Malachi, inflicting 2.

Sauerkraut scored a hat trick downing all three of the Italians.

Camelbeagle scored the only kill for the Italians.

The Austrians have won the victory. They achieved their objective of bringing home the documents from the spy on the fishing boat.

Nice flying Sauerkraut! Good thing there wasn't five of us or you would have Aced!!!!

Thanks Peter!!!! Great mission!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Yes, let's finish the game. Thank you Peter for hosting this interesting and entertaining mission!

I'd be interested in the Sauerkraut game if there's a spot. Despite the fact that he blasted me with 4,4 for damage cards when I had exactly 8 left!

I was tempted to chase Gangleader147 off the board but yes if everyone's happy let's call it there.

Fantastic game, thoroughly enjoyed it even though I didnt manage to fire a shot for the first six turns!

Thank you to all my wingmen and opponents. Special thank you to Peter for stepping up and running the game.

It was a fun game to run, thanks to all that played. I'll definitely run another when your game is finished.

Thank you Peter for a well run game, I must try not to be the first shot down each time, and there I was thinking I played more conservatively!
    Can we see the damage tallies?

Happy to end it there with a moral victory for probably my first ever game of not getting blown up. Thanks for hosting a great scenario!

Thanks Peter, great game. Flying the barge was a challenge but it all worked out fine once I got lined up and worked out the altitude issue. Sam was the biggest threat but managing to slip him worked out and Hans managed to shred him a bit before he broke away. Again my luck held, what was it again ? Three hits, two 0's and a 2..? I'm not sure they were really trying but then my wingmen did keep them busy for most of the time.
    Thanks to all taking part, it was a fun challenge.

"He is wise who watches"

Over the Briny damage finals

Pilot shots/damage incoming shots/damage outgoing

Austrians
    Baz ---------------6/26!------------------------- 4/11
    Flash --------------3/2 --------------------------11/12
    Karo7 -------------3/7-----------------------------6/8
    Sauerkraut -------2/0----------------------------6/24

Italians
    Zenlizard----------8/18----------------------------5/8
    Camelbeagle------6/17---------------------------4/19
    Malachi-----------10/15---------------------------2/5
    Gangleader147----3/5----------------------------4/6

Sauerkraut, is he that good or just lucky?

Pah - I beat him at a game once, different system, it was around 2007 ......

Definitely lucky!
    Definitely that good !

"He is wise who watches"

Probably a little of both.

Thanks for hosting, Teaticket, it certainly was an interesting change of pace.

In this game! A bit of both. Sometimes no matter how many shots you get, the random draw of the cards can make or break you!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Similar Missions

1. Origins Game Fair is the official convention of Wings of Glory Aerodrome.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Origins Game Fairs
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 05-11-2023, 17:12
  2. Doncaster 2017 - Through the Helmut-cam; Saturday, Game #2 "Aerodrome Ambush"
    By Flying Helmut in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-02-2017, 06:10
  3. eBay Wings of Glory Game Mat Coast Board Game, last one.
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 11:22
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 08:49
  5. aerodrome game
    By Wodin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 16:46