Ares Games

Thread: Hello!! I'm new here!

Default Hello!! I'm new here!

Hi fellow pilots,

Just joined the forum and am looking to grow my squadron. I bought Wings and six biplanes a few years ago and have have slowly been getting my friends hooked, one dog fight at a time. Does anyone know of the best outlets for the WW1 planes? My local games store is still closed due to lockdown and it doesn't do online orders. And besides, I have no idea whether it will be getting any more stock in.

Beside Wings, I also play X-Wing and Advanced Squad Leader (for my sins) as well as board games, while RPGs with friends over Zoom has managed to alleviate some of the boredom of lockdown.

Hope everyone has managed to stay safe and survive the pandemic!!

A big welcome to you Jon. Nothing quite like a WWI stoush to get the blood flowing! If you cannot find anything local then rivalsky.com.au will ship anywhere in the world. I have used them a lot in the past, they are ultra fast (for me anyway) and totally honest and reliable. Happy flying.

Welcome to the Aerodrome Jon from darkest Dorset.

If you're struggling to find aircraft, Entoyment Wargaming and Hobby Store in Poole is always worth a look. Pete does his best to keep everything available in stock and he does online orders too.

Andy
    Last edited by Sauerkraut; 03-02-2021 at 14:59.

Hi Jon, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Hey there Jon, welcome to the 'Drome from the Big Smoke!

'Entoyment', as mentioned above...

'Zatu Games' have reasonable stock levels, and have a "Seconds" department if you don't mind less-than-pristine boxes.

'Gameslore' also sell online.

ebay list many highly-overpriced minis, but sometimes sellers of multiple planes, especially the older ones like the 'Nexus' "Wings of War" ones, end up selling for Ł10 - Ł15 a pop.
    Just don't get carried away (says the chap who got more "carried away" than practically everyone else! ).
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Jon, another one from Essex

Welcome to the Aerodrome Jon from across the pond on Cape Cod.

Welcome from Portland Oregon, Jon.

I used to go by Kanon Fodder years ago.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Jon, from here near Norwich. There is much on this website to add to your enjoyment of the game, so do explore it, particularly the Files section. Also feel free to ask questions about the game. You will find the members here are very friendly and helpful.

Thank you for the shop tips, I'll be window shopping later (when I'm supposed to be working)
    Last edited by CanonFodder; 03-04-2021 at 14:53.

Welcome aboard Jon (official welcome sent via PM)

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Hello John

I will be transfering to a base in Hertford in a couple of weeks. Welcome to the Drome. Enjoy

Good morning Jon.
    Welcome to the Drome.
    You have come to the right polace for help and also some very enlightening banter. The various forums take a while to find your way around but are filled with a decade's worth of games and discussions so well worth a browse.
    Fly safe and watch your six.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by CanonFodder View Post
    Hi fellow pilots,

Just joined the forum and am looking to grow my squadron. I bought Wings and six biplanes a few years ago and have have slowly been getting my friends hooked, one dog fight at a time. Does anyone know of the best outlets for the WW1 planes? My local games store is still closed due to lockdown and it doesn't do online orders. And besides, I have no idea whether it will be getting any more stock in.

Beside Wings, I also play X-Wing and Advanced Squad Leader (for my sins) as well as board games, while RPGs with friends over Zoom has managed to alleviate some of the boredom of lockdown.

Hope everyone has managed to stay safe and survive the pandemic!!
    Greetings from "Wild and Wonderful"! I do not have the answers to your questions, but reading your post really makes me want to get into actually Role Playing via Zoom... i am so old and stuffy.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States. I think I can't add to the excellent advice given by others already, except to note that if you're looking for opponents, many of us have taken to playing in the various solo campaigns here on the 'drome, or by PM, or online by zoom. Happy hunting!

Welcome, now rob a bank

welcome to the drome from the land of buckeyes Jon!!!

Bienvenue from frosty Brittany Jon.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Welcome to the drome.theres lots of interesting things here.posts to enlighten,pictures to view,polls to vote on and files to glean through.what you can’t find just ax someone will direct you.enjoy.stay safe.

Welcome Jon! Spend an afternoon combing through the files section. It will REALLY jumpstart your addiction!