Ares Games

Thread: Pilot progression in a campaign

Default Pilot progression in a campaign

Greetings y'all,

So, i am sure i have a loose nut behind the gauges in the ol' cockpit, but, i have so far not figured out where to find the rules - official, or house - that help determine how a pilot might progress from a Rookie, hopefully up to an ace.

Cheers in advance.

Not in the rules officially yet. When the Campaign set comes out it will be there. You should check out the OTT solo campaign rules. If you use the pilot progression form there it will work great for your campaign.

You can keep it simple and just have every 5 kills gains your pilot an ace skill but I'd suggest the OTT way for handling of progression and survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Not in the rules officially yet. When the Campaign set comes out it will be there. You should check out the OTT solo campaign rules. If you use the pilot progression form there it will work great for your campaign.

You can keep it simple and just have every 5 kills gains your pilot an ace skill but I'd suggest the OTT way for handling of progression and survival.
    Excellent! Thank you... back to researching. I have informed my local hobby store that he has successfully hooked me on this new addiction...

If you want a complex system, I once cooked up this -

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ogression+deck
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    ... rules - official, or house - that help determine how a pilot might progress from a Rookie, hopefully up to an ace.
    Without creating rules that artificially keep your pilot alive this will never happen. OTT is awash with them only because of the tilted survival chances we use to keep our characters and their stories alive - and even then we occasionally lose one !
    Though there's always one that will tell you they've flown x number of missions, gained umpteen kills and never, ever been shot down.. Ever.
    I'm sure there's a term for people like that, I can think of several... !
    Last edited by flash; 02-24-2021 at 12:01.

"He is wise who watches"

There are 'rules' for Rookie progression to Veteran pilots in WGS.

www.aresgames - Battle of Britain Senarios Page 2, 'Rookies in a Campaign'

These can be used in any period campaign: WWI; WWII; Post-WWII.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. DIY Barrage Balloon (progression)
    By Sgt. in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-06-2020, 21:47
  2. Rookie Progression Deck
    By Flying Helmut in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 12:51
  3. AMCO - Disease Progression
    By bsmith13 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 22