Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Play by PM: Looking down - Finished

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Default Play by PM: Looking down - Finished

Hello dear community members,

as previously announced, I am going to offer a second play by PM game.

Scenario:

An observation airplane is sent to direct artillery fire across enemy lines.

Winning conditions:

The game ends when the airplanes of only one side are left on the gaming surface. The Central Powers player wins if the LFG Roland is on the gaming surface when all Entete fighters are destroyed or have left the gaming surface.

If the LFG Roland is on fire, resolve all fire damage to see if the airplane survives or if it has to be considered destroyed.

If the winning conditions above are not achieved, compare scores. The Central Powers player receives a point for every turn in which the LFG Roland spends the whole turn with its central dot in the Entete half of the gaming surface, with the rear gunner not incapacitated by special damage, and without firing the frear machine gun (other machine guns of the airplane can still fire).

The Entente player receives 6 points if the Central Powers player does not receive at least 6 points for being in the Entente half of the gaming surface. Each player receives 12 points for each enemy fighter destroyed. The Entente player receives 18 points if he destroys the LFG Roland.

Each player receives 12 points for each opposing airplane that leaves the gaming surface, but Central Powers airplanes can leave with no penalty from the Central Powers side of the gaming surface if the Central Powers player received at least 6 points for being in the Entente half of the field (as described before).

Placement:

Central powers start from the east side, Entente from the west.

Duration:

The game ends, when all planes of one side has no planes left on the table. The minimum maneuver send frequency should be 1 round per 2 days. We are typically much faster!

Gaming surface:

90*90 cm (plain grass mat for better recognisability).

Rules complexity:

Advanced rules with altitude (flying higher) and explosions (causes only half of the planes max. damage, rounded up).

Procedure:

The participants can choose a plane and their starting position.
    Starting altitude is 3.

The planes are marked with a name sign, the actual altitude and climb markers.

Every player dispatches me a PM with its three maneuvers in the format "R[round number]:[maneuver number 1],[maneuver number 2],[maneuver number 3]" for the next round (e.g. R4:1,2,4).

There is no need to own a specific plane: I recommend to use the WoG-Mates-Fold-V3 of the file section for planning the maneuvers (https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=2366). For the plane characteristics I strongly suggest Jan Horineks outstanding WoG companion Web App.

If all maneuvers have arrived, I post aerial view images for every phase of the round, plus additional atmospheric images.

Shooting phase:

I manage the damage, and inform the players about secret damage. Gun jams aren't reviled. If there are multiple targets, I ask the player which one should be chosen.

The participants so far (please post in this thread, if you want to participate and don't sent a PM):

Aircraft name (Maneuver deck, Guns, Hit points, Climb rate, Maximum altitude).

Central powers:

LFG Roland CII (K, B/B, 15, 6, 9): camel crew
    Siemens-Schuckert D.I (E, B, 13, 4, 11): Sauerkraut
    Halberstadt D.III (P, B, 14, 4, 9): Teaticket

Entente:

Sopwith Triplane (U, B, 13, 3, 14): Sam Urai
    Sopwith Triplane (B): Baz
    Sopwith Triplane (B): Gangleader147

Maneuver Decks can be found here: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=2366
    Last edited by Karo7; 02-17-2021 at 12:55.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

New and inexperienced players are preferred! Take the chance to try the altitude rules! It's a just for fun game!

Please join me in the skies to shoot the accursed Bosche from the skies!

Or, if you play German, to guide the artillery on to their objectives!

Would if I could John but I'm not a preferred player..
    Maybe if there's a berth still free later I'll have my hand up but let's see the 'young' guns go for it.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Would if I could John but I'm not a preferred player..
    Maybe if there's a berth still free later I'll have my hand up but let's see the 'young' guns go for it.
    Likewise, Florian.
    If there are spots left I would like to jump in to any available spot.

I missed the last game and would love to participate but will also defer to new players so they can get some air time.

Hello Florian

I'll give it a go. Can I fly the Roland? It's the only plane I've got a manoeuvre deck for? If I can find mrs CC's jeweller's glass I'll be able to work out the deck numbers, but it can be solved. Count me in

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Hello Florian

I'll give it a go. Can I fly the Roland? It's the only plane I've got a manoeuvre deck for? If I can find mrs CC's jeweller's glass I'll be able to work out the deck numbers, but it can be solved. Count me in
    All right! But there is no need for owning the appropriate maneuver deck. Just follow the link in the first post and look at the Fold Mates V3. They include every maneuver deck.

my machine didn't like that link. no worries will fly anything so long as someone can direct me to the manoeuvre deck files so I can get it sorted.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

my machine didn't like that link. no worries will fly anything so long as someone can direct me to the manoeuvre deck files so I can get it sorted.
    Just repaired the link.

got 'em. all tickety boo. will await further developments.

I will take a Sopwith triplane if there is room. Thanks!

I'd be keen to just, please on the bandragon, I have a Sopwith triplane in my collection, still working on my opposition.
    Last edited by Gangleader147; 02-05-2021 at 14:49.

I would like to play, this would be my very first game (let alone with altitude) and would like to use a Sopwith if possible. If you all don’t mind a complete newbie, otherwise happy to watch from the sidelines.

Baz

You're the pilot type Flo is looking for Baz - good luck !

First time in long time I have been called a ‘young gun’

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    It sounds much nicer than rookie or noob and it makes you feel good so there's a bonus !

WOOT! My fellow Sopwith Tripe pilots are all aboard! Looking forward to keeping the Bosche guns away from our boys on the ground!

It sounds much nicer than rookie or noob and it makes you feel good so there's a bonus !
    Flying Officer Youngatheart it is then, reporting for duty fresh from flying school

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    WOOT! My fellow Sopwith Tripe pilots are all aboard! Looking forward to keeping the Bosche guns away from our boys on the ground!
    Break out the G&T’s for a spiffing good show from our boys

Wow - it's getting more and more rare for me to find someone older than me playing games... nice to meet a fellow "mid-lifer".

Wow - it's getting more and more rare for me to find someone older than me playing games... nice to meet a fellow "mid-lifer".
    Well let’s see how over 110 years of life experience gets on. Happy to be in early retirement at the moment with everything going on.

... Happy to be in early retirement at the moment with everything going on.
    You're not wrong there mate !

Happy to be in early retirement at the moment with everything going on.
    #Jealous

come on then Englanders, I'll take you all on. I'll fly one handed und my observer won't wear his glasses - just to give you a bit of a chance

That's the spirit Iain, I feel that 360 rear arc of the C.II will come in handy with the altitude game.

...and there was me thinking that the triplanes advantage was height and climb

come on then Englanders, I'll take you all on. I'll fly one handed und my observer won't wear his glasses - just to give you a bit of a chance
    Very sportsman-like chap.

That's the spirit Iain, I feel that 360 rear arc of the C.II will come in handy with the altitude game.
    ...and there was me thinking that the triplanes advantage was height and climb
    Baz! Snapto! Never give up! Never Surrender! We can use the climb! But... we will have to fly inverted.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

So I think there will be no further totally new participants. I will choose the other three pilots randomly out of the posts and PMs I've received until now, this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Karo7 View Post
    So I think there will be no further totally new participants. I will choose the other three pilots randomly out of the posts and PMs I've received until now, this evening.
    Where's my mechanic!?! Prep the gun! Make sure the cartridges are clean! I don't want any jams! Cook! We need a good breakfast!

OK... heading to the flight line.

Where's my mechanic!?! Prep the gun! Make sure the cartridges are clean! I don't want any jams! Cook! We need a good breakfast!

OK... heading to the flight line.
    Wow, a little pushy for a rookie! I hope he can back up his arrogance with some flying skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Wow, a little pushy for a rookie! I hope he can back up his arrogance with some flying skill.
    To be a pilot requires arrogance.

If all else fails and flying skills are inadequate:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D760FC91-7A0F-45AB-B66C-2BC58B6C464A.jpeg 
Views:	102 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	297293

LOL! Barrie, you will be surprised at how many collisions happen in games sometimes.

If all else fails and flying skills are inadequate:

Name:	D760FC91-7A0F-45AB-B66C-2BC58B6C464A.jpeg 
Views:	102 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	297293
    Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    LOL! Barrie, you will be surprised at how many collisions happen in games sometimes.
    The last game i played at my local store, we had this happen. I was flying an Albatros D.III... our bases overlapped, I drew 0 (zero) damage, he drew 10 damage... So, in that campaign, my pilot now has his first victory in the air... by collision!

Name:	Ramming speed 2.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	297294

"RAMMING SPEED!!!"

Last edited by Sam Urai; 02-06-2021 at 11:11.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Jacta alea est: Gangleader147, Sauerkraut, Teaticket. Sorry for all the others . Thank you all for your interest in taking part!

Thanks Florian.

Commiserations to those who missed out this time. I am intending to run another of these play by PM games after this one, and once I finish refurbishing my gaming room.

The last game i played at my local store, we had this happen. I was flying an Albatros D.III... our bases overlapped, I drew 0 (zero) damage, he drew 10 damage... So, in that campaign, my pilot now has his first victory in the air... by collision!
    Not counted as a collision at most tables around the world - that's not even considered as trying here !
    Good luck chaps, we shall watch with interest..

Not counted as a collision at most tables around the world - that's not even considered as trying here !
    Good luck chaps, we shall watch with interest..
    Yeah - this was our first game using the collision rule, as stated, but after experiencing SIX collisions in that game, i got looking around here, and we have already adjusted to ONLY when the pegs get covered.

Looking forward to stretching my wings again, especially only lasting a third of my first game!

When are we scrambling?

Quote Originally Posted by Gangleader147 View Post
    When are we scrambling?
    Not sure, but I have sent in my starting position.

Not sure, but I have sent in my starting position.
    Above mentioned we start on east/west sides but nothing more. Are we to send in a guess of a starting position along our edge?

Usually just top, middle or bottom of your respective table edge and a heading for the starting position eg - middle heading west.

Ah, ok. Most pbem games I've been in the start is set by the gm. Ok, position sent.

If it is like the other PM games the starting position is also 1 ruler in from the edge.

Sent starting position and turn 1. Any problems Florian, let me know

Sent starting position and turn 1. Any problems Florian, let me know
    Brave man. I'd wait to see other plane positions before sending in a movement plot.

Good luck to the pilots! Lets see a good show!

Thought I’d best wait for the starting picture before sending turn 1.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. You Know You Play Too Much WoW When...
    By Cruthers in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-07-2021, 09:27
  2. California Where do you play?
    By Volant Gun in forum US Wing
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-30-2016, 17:53
  3. WGF play mat
    By boomerpete53 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 16:26
  4. Where do you play?