Ares Games

Thread: Now then

Users Country Flag

Name
    Brendan
    Sorties Flown

Default Now then

Hello to you all,
    I'm Brendan, retired and living contentedly in North Yorkshire.
    I'm a lifelong figure collector and painter and intermittent wargamer.
    I've very recently started dabbling in WOG having got the starter set 3 weeks ago and I must say I've been already very impressed by how good a game it is, even only playing it solo.
    Today I've had a try at a bombing scenario and its very clear that as a bomber pilot my strengths lie most definitely elsewhere, hey ho.
    My grandad was a mechanic in the RNAS on Flying Boats during WWI but sadly I know nothing of his experiences, the Great War was never spoken of. If only.

Thanks for the warm welcome from 7eat51 and Chris and I'm looking forward to being a part of the gang.

Pip pip,
    Brendan

Hello Brendon

Welcome to the Drome. Dive in and enjoy

Welcome to the Drome Brendan. This is just the beginning of your addiction.

Hi Brendan, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States. Be sure to check out the files section here for scads of add-ons: rules expansions, "unofficial" aircraft, scenarios, etc, etc.
    There's also the buy/wanted/trade section if you're trying to expand your collection.
    There's a bunch of solo campaigns that started and ended-one ongoing, nearing the end, of course, but that doesn't stop you from doing any of them in your own time.
    For people opponents, a lot of us have started playing on-line, and there are a couple of play by e-mail games starting up or ongoing.
    And if you have any other questions, just ask around, you'll find we're a friendly bunch.

Welcome to the Aerodrome Brenden. Solo gaming is fun but hopefully later this year you'll be able to team up with some of the many Wings pilots over there in Old Blighty.

Welcome, Brendan! There's much to learn and enjoy here...

Welcome to the 'Drome, Brendan, from a Yorkshireman stranded daan Saarf in London.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome aboard, put on your goggles and scarf and get off the ground.

G'Day Brendan from the hotter climes of Adelaide. Heading for our third or fourth day up around the 100 mark. May you stay healthy and safe and look forward to years of Wings games.

Good to have you on the Drome Brendan. My farther was a gunnery officer in the Air Arm during the war and served a fair amount of his time on HMS Biter.
    Hence a lot of my Games and aircraft being Carrier based around Malta, although I'm doing a spot of BoB at present with my friend Captain Kiwi when Covid permits.
    Fly safe and enjoy your retirement.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome from finally thawing Oregon, Brendan.

Hello again Brendan, from an Essex boy living in Yorkshire...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Welcome to the 'drome Brendan from a rather damp Dorset today, glad you're getting to grips with the game.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

And a welcome from The Netherlands as well. Enjoy your flying and be amazed at the friendlyness of the peeps here on the Aerodrome
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Brendan
    Sorties Flown

I’m clearly with friends. Thanks to you all for taking the time to welcome me.

welcome to the drome from the firigid land of buckeyes (ohio usa) Brendan!!!! if youre a figure collector your done for for sure! welcome to our lovely little addiction.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Brenden, from here near Norwich. If you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask them. You will find the members here are very friendly and helpful.

Welcome to the drome, has to be said, one of the least bitchy forums I have been on. Sit back, pull up a brew and get involved.