Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clipper's Dark Days.

Just saw the terrible news; along with everyone else here, my deepest sympathy and condolences to you and yours.

a well meant "Ditto that" from The Netherlands ... hang in there Dave !!

cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Absolutely heartbroken to hear this news. 44 years of love, understanding, and growing a loving family produces rich meaningful memories that I hope will maintain you through this incredible hardship. Hold your family and friends, whether near or far, close to you. They will most certainly be holding you in their hearts.

Any news on Clipper. I am hoping he has been recovering well. Just curious if anyone has communicated with him recently.

I've messaged him a couple of times. He has taken a hard blow losing his wife and then getting Covid. He's on the mend and home. His life has been turned upside down and will take some time to have any normalcy. He's working part time but considering retiring. Hopefully in the near future we'll see him here again.

Thanks for the update Peter. Hope he continues to heal. We will keep him in our prayers.

I have been in touch with Dave and he has been spending time trying to work out what life now means. He has been dabbling in a bit of aero modelling and also putting some time in working on some WofG projects but those are his stories to tell when he eventually rejoins us all.

I propose that, instead of individually communicating with him I start a thread called ’G’day Clipper’ and we use that post well wishes etc to him.

Thanks Teaticket. We are always thinking of him and praying for his recovery and return.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    I propose that, instead of individually communicating with him I start a thread called ’G’day Clipper’ and we use that post well wishes etc to him.
    Second the motion.

An excellent idea Wayne.
    I could stick it for you if that would help to keep it in the public eye.
    Let me know by PM if you wish me to do that when you establish it.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Sounds like a good idea to me too.

Top idea!

Message deposited.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

And please, post the link to the new "G'Day Clipper" thread on this thread, so I don't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by abovetheclouds View Post
    And please, post the link to the new "G'Day Clipper" thread on this thread, so I don't miss it.
    Link : - https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...%92day-Clipper
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Why were we kept in the dark by Shell?
    By andron234 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2019, 16:58
  2. Dark Skies
    By David Manley in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-05-2016, 15:49
  3. Pour me a FW-189 so I can see in the dark!
    By clipper1801 in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 06:20
  4. General HP 0400 from the dark side . . .
    By clipper1801 in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2013, 06:02
  5. Dark Horse
    By Dark Horse in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 07:05