Ares Games

Thread: Saturday Night Flight v.1

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ferdinando
    Sorties Flown

Cool Saturday Night Flight v.1

Hi to all! This is my first post here, and i wan't to start with a question: Can a Fiat Cr.42 Falco win a dogfight against a Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I and a Bf-109E?

The answer is: Yes!

First of all, two things: first I play this game with my friends only with Basic Rules (so, sorry for this). I know, for the majority of you this may be a bad thing, but the resulting match are very funny and fast, so we can do 2-3 matches each time we play, with differente situation and planes (I own 19 different Fighters and 2 Bombers). Second: when the number of players is not equal, we usually play a free for all, as we did last Saturday!

We were three, me (obv), my gf and her best friend. My gf choose to fly with the Fiat Cr.42 (in her very first game, she fell of the table, so I decided to buy her a biplane, 'cause it is slow and high maneuverable), while me and her friend choose respectively the Spit and 109.

We start at equal distance from each other, in a triangle. As soon as we start, the Spit and 109 start to get close, and in three turns we start to shoot each other, while my gf and her tiny little Fiat, reach the fight slowly, but with elegance. Finaly she joins the fight, when me and her friend was already damaged. I committed my second mistake here (the first one, was to give her the Falco), cause when she joins the fight, instead of continue engaging the 109, me and her frined decide to team up and try to shot down the Cr.42.
    But unfortunately the first damages we dealt to the Falco was not enough, and in the following turns the two girls decide to team up against me (they said: Girl Power). So, while I was trying to chase and shot down the 109, my gf (with the help of the damned "L-turn" her planes is capable to do) succesfully take my tail, and shot me down with two Bs. Five turns later (and an Immelman) she erases from the sky the 109 and manage to win the match...

I only take two snaphots (I don' t have a game mat):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1613395967806.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	297540Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1613395967819.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	297541

I hope you enjoy it!

Yeah!!! Biplanes rule.

That biplane's not such a lemon after all!

Thanks for posting, and Welcome to the 'Drome!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. Saturday Night Meal
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster 2019
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-01-2019, 01:45
  2. Saturday Night games
    By Ken at Sunrise in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 13:14
  3. Saturday Night Dogfight Revival?
    By HTRAINo in forum Polls
    Replies: 5