Ares Games

Thread: Australian Flying Corps

Default Australian Flying Corps

It's all quiet here on the Australian Front. No posting since my new year greeting.

I thought I would share with you a book that Baxter loaned me that I have found very informative and interesting, even if at times gruesome. The book is Fire in the Sky; the Australian Flying Corps in the First World War, by Michael Molkentin, Allen & Unwin, 2010.
    The first half deals with Palestine, then it moves on to training in Britain, and then deals with the Western Front.

Thumbs up

Yes an excellent book giving the history of the 4 AFC squadrons who served in WW1
    Highly recommended.

Michael works as a High School teacher south of Wollongong in NSW & has authored other books & a DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Michael works as a High School teacher south of Wollongong in NSW & has authored other books & a DVD.
    I have read his book on Ross and Keith Smith and their mechanics. As well as their flight to Australia, it described Ross' flying in Palestine.

Thanks for the heads up, need a good supply of books ready for a long hot spring and summer lounging on the patio with a cold beer...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Similar Missions

1. General Australian Flying Corps
    By NeilCFord in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2015, 00:16
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 01:00
  3. History of the Australian Flying Corps in WWI
    By smitty_au in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 06:50
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 15:58
  5. Australian Flying Corps Pilots Wings.
    By gully_raker in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 15:14