Ares Games

Thread: Prague 2021 is it .... to be or not to be ?

Default Prague 2021 is it .... to be or not to be ?

With April ,Easter and thus Prague Con slowly catching us up is it likely to be in April or perhaps later in the year after Donnie for example? And if so are we going to host a comrade from overseas this year on the L L scheme ?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Hmm.... we still owe Tim a trip to the States. But with Origins even on 30-SEP, who can tell where we'll be Covid-wise
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I‘m convinced that April is much too early for something like a convention.

...and Karl is right. We need to bring Tim overseas first.

Damn situation at the moment.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

We discuss this topic with Kubajs more than 2 months. As you probably know from newspapers, our country is in deep ... hmm ... let's say that COVID is like German troops around Leningrad. The first possible date is (maybe) June, but we do not know if everything would be OK or not. What is your opinion?

We have no information about LL this year and anyway, Doncaster is on the list as the next destination. I can only predict this project shifted with n+1 year, so 2021 Origins, 2022 Doncaster, 2023 Origins, 2024 Prague etc.

By the way, if you have any thoughs about our Prague event, do not push back. I have almost no idea about willingness of foreigners to come here. Guess Paul wants play as hell (thanks God for players like him!), Andrzej can have an immunity (for how long?) and Sven can be limited by orders he received. So feel free to brainstorm as much as possible.

It's really difficult at the moment.
    My rough plan is to join in Prague 2021 anyways, maybe for a Con or a weekend.
    The transportation question is solved too, because I plan to come by car this year.
    Hotels are easy to book and cancel if the situation becomes more worse.

In general nobody can judge the situation at the moment or the restricions we get for travel and stayin in the Czech Republic during 2021, so I understand & recommend that there is no planing or date at the moment.

My proposal is to watch the situatuion and meet at the end of march to discuss the situation again.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Similar Missions

1. Origins 2021
    By Jager in forum Origins Game Fair
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09-29-2021, 07:55
  2. DONCASTER 2021
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 297
    Last Post: 09-26-2021, 04:46
  3. Hammerhead 2021
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing