Ares Games

Thread: King Kong

Default King Kong

Greetings! I haven't been on site for a while. Where can I get the rules for the King Kong game. I think I have some of them but it doesn't look like enough to play. Thanks, George

Users Country Flag

Name
    lankin
    Sorties Flown

you can check this on BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/4...solo-expansion

NIce for training, but random.

I couldn't find them readily, but I had downloaded/copied them awhile ago so here they are:

KING KONG Rules for Wings of War/Glory

King Kong’s MOVEMENT
    King Kong is capable of moving around ‘his’ building-top. Each movement phase, roll two 6-sided dice (the dice need to be of differing colors, one white and one another color). If the white die comes up either 5 or 6, Kong stays where he is. If a 1 through 4 is rolled on the white die, then Kong moves clockwise or counter-clockwise based on the number rolled on the colored die – an even number means Kong move clockwise, an odd number means move the ape counter-clockwise.

King Kong’s ATTACK
    The Great Ape may attack any ONE plane within one short range ruler distance. He does damage using the ‘C’ Deck, dealing only one ‘C’ card each time he attacks. If multiple planes are within his range of attack, he chooses one plane to attack; he may not attack all planes within range in a single phase.

If a plane happens to overlap the building-top where King Kong is standing, or the building-top section to his left or right, Kong may choose to attack this plane instead of one ‘at range’ – he grabs the plane and does one ‘C’ card’s damage in addition to throwing it in a random direction. Roll as for Kong’s movement above – on a roll of 5 or 6, the plane is thrown into the building by the ape, taking 3 ‘A’ damage cards and moving one ‘straight’ movement card away from the building from its overlapping location. On a roll of a 1 through 4, the plane is flung outward from the base of the appropriate building-top section, moving one straight movement card away. Determine the building-top section per the Kong movement rules above. If the ‘flung’ plane happens to collide with another plane in the process, it takes damage according to the collision rules in the rulebook. The ‘flung’ plane moves on its subsequent plotted movement phases of the turn in accordance with the cards it has already plotted – being ‘flung’ by the 8th Wonder of the World does not change movement options for the tossed plane. Following the previously plotted cards counts as the pilot’s attempts to regain control of his plane.

King Kong’s DAMAGE
    The Great Ape begins the game with 35 damage points. When the behemoth is fired upon by attacking planes, he takes damage in the following manner:
    Points accumulate per normal conventions.

Special Damage modifiers – Engine hit, Explosion, and Pilot hit cards cause Kong to be stunned until the end of turn (for however many phases of the remaining turn exist). He does not move during any remaining phases, nor does he attack. Subsequent engine, explosion, and pilot hit cards in the same turn are not cumulative.

Special Damage modifiers – Gun jam cards cause Kong not to be able to inflict damage/’hit’ until the next turn (i.e., for however many phases of the remaining turn exist). The gun jam card does not stop him from moving during the movement phases, however. Subsequent gun jam cards in the same turn are not cumulative.

Special Damage modifiers – Rudder jam cards cause Kong to be unable to attack a plane in the direction of the jam until the next turn (i.e., for however many phases of the remaining turn exist). The rudder jam card does not stop him from moving during the movement phases, however. Subsequent rudder jam cards in the same turn are not cumulative.

Special Damage modifiers – Smoke and Fire damage cards have no effect beyond whatever point damage they cause.

Kong’s Chest Pound – Once per turn, the Great Ape may choose to defy his attackers and furiously pound his chest, displaying his utter contempt for the obvious weakness of his foes. He does this instead of attacking a plane; in fact, in a phase where no plane is within his attack range, he may Chest Pound. If a plane is within range, Kong may opt to Chest Pound instead of attack. This serves as a rally move for the beast, allowing him to recover 1 to 3 damage points (roll one six-sided die and halve it).
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Rep to you Robert for the cut and paste of these Kong rules! I only had a copy of the basic rules that came with the original game. What you posted is FAR more interesting. I dropped them into a Word doc for future reference.

This looks like a laugh! Have to give it a go Sauerkraut.
    Last edited by Gangleader147; 02-19-2021 at 14:44.

We made a game to with the King.At final the Kong throwed the blond girl on the last plane......He's a warrior anyway.Could be the ultimate attack
    Merian C cooper, director of the 1933 King Kong, fought in the air force in 14/18 and served with Claire Chennault in China
    I invite you to read his bio, a hell of a man.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merian_C._Cooper

Similar Missions

1. Kong is still King
    By Biggles downunder in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-10-2021, 01:10
  2. 6” King Kong or 12” King Kong
    By Sgt. in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-01-2020, 07:29
  3. King kong
    By fox in forum Hobby Room