Joseph W. Rutter
    ISBN:
    1-58544-289-5
    Category:
    Biography
    Format:
    Paperback and Hardback
    Summary:
    This book is an incredibly detailed biography from Joseph Rutter, pilot of an A-20 Havoc in the Pacific. He talks in great detail of life in the 312th Bomb Group. You get a great insight of everything surrounding their involvement in the war, he talks about camp life, maintenance issues, living conditions and most of all.. incredibly great details about missions. He has even taken time to include maps of missions, his overseas flight logs which breaks down mission by mission and details of each mission including flight time. He talks of all the experiences he had from his time in flight school through learning the A-20 and into his deployment on New Guinea. I found it to be a great read and with all the details he put into his book, you can really get a sense of the war as he went through it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wreaking Havoc.jpg  

Thank you, got to get that one. I' just re subscribed to Aces High III through steam after an absence since May 2011. The plane I am learning is the Boston III which is a Havoc really and it is a good plane to fly.

Interesting looking book. Might have to pick this one up to scratch my Pacific itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Interesting looking book. Might have to pick this one up to scratch my Pacific itch.

I am actually considering building a campaign set based off this book and accounts.

Good idea. I have a similar plan for a campaign from the book 'We Flew Alone" about solo B-24 missions the Navy flew in the Pacific.

Similar Missions

1. Massachusetts Havoc XXXIII Mar 31-Apr 2
    By Teaticket in forum US Wing
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-18-2017, 21:03
  2. April Havoc
    By Пилот in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 17:18
  3. Massachusetts HAVOC XXXII
    By Teaticket in forum US Wing
    Replies: 24